18+ Terrors from the deep (OOC)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

blue 468

This color

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    My CC is in my sig, but ok:

Name: Beth Signysdaughter
    Race: Half-Nord, Half-Imperial. Introduces herself as a Nord.
    Class: Spellsword, but more mage-oriented
    Religion: Devout worshipper of Talos and Kynareth
    Proficient in: Destruction, Conjuration, Illusion, One-handed

Appearance: Beth is considered by all to be very beautiful, though she does not think so herself. She is quite thin, with a delicate build at 5'2" while still being fairly curvaceous. She has lightly tanned skin, and long auburn hair which reaches down past her shoulders and onto her upper back. It never looks unclean, even after a 2 week-long trek across the deserts of Elsweyr and the dense populace of Cyrodiil. As a memento of her latest trip, there are exotic flowers in her hair, picked from the forests of Valenwood. She has deep, piercing green eyes, which many of the younger male students of the College of Winterhold have spent hours staring into. She has a tattoo of a dragon on her left cheek, mainly to cover up the scar under her left eye.

Personality: Beth is an extremely modest woman, having had self-esteem problems from an early age. This also means she is quite shy, and mature. She has learnt to be kind to everyone she meets, largely due to her history. This has led to her reputation in Winterhold as one of the kindest, most selfless and most lovable people in the remains of the town, even if she does originate in the College.

Clothes/Weapons: She doesn't like to wear armour, but neither does she like to wear robes. This means she stands out clearly in the College grounds. She wears a sleeveless top with a pair of shorts, wearing kneesocks and some thin but appropriate shoes to cover her legs. She has a small arsenal of longswords and greatswords at her disposal, yet she never takes any on adventures, instead preferring to wield her father's old blade when she needs it. For the majority of the time, however, she wields fire spells, mainly as they help keep her warm while also defending her.

Bio: Beth was born in Ivarstead to a Nord mother and an Imperial father, and was raised under a rebellious household. Neither parents had any love for the Aldmeri Dominion and their restrictions on worship of Talos, so they continued to worship Talos in a small shrine in their basement. However, someone in Ivarstead discovered this, and informed the Thalmor. A squad of justiciars was sent. Beth's parents were both killed, the family home was burnt to cinders, and Beth, aged just 9, managed to escape with a cut under her left eye, which has left a scar for her whole life. She fled to Shor's Stone, and found a healer who managed to mend the cut, but it was too late to completely remove it. Beth decided to go to Winterhold, and the Mages' College. She had always had a talent with magic but had been unable to nurture it properly due to her mother's strong belief in the typical Nordic glory in hand-to-hand combat. She now traveled to Winterhold, and barely made it. Tolfdir found her on the outskirts of Winterhold, covered in snow and ice. Only her fire spells had kept her warm enough to survive. She was then taken in by the College as an apprentice, though very young compared to her classmates, and so she had to be taught independently by Savos Aren, who was eventually considered by Beth to be a foster parent. At the age of 23, she travelled to Valenwood to aid the Bosmer in resisting the Aldmeri Dominion's oppression, resulting in Beth having a strong tan despite living in the coldest part of Tamriel. On her way back, she was caught by the Empire, and taken to Helgen to be executed, where she escaped with Ralof. Now, she is ready to take on the Thalmor and avenge her family, and every other family that has been torn apart by the Aldmeri Dominion.

Alliance: Strong bond with Ulfric Stormcloak, and a sworn soldier to his cause, due to Ulfric's aims of getting rid of the Empire and then destroying the Aldmeri Dominion. However, she is not racist as many of the Stormcloaks appear to be; indeed she has often comtemplated leaving the cause because of some of her comrades' racist views, but she always decides that defeating the Thalmor and freeing Skyrim is more important than the needs of the (relatively) sparse foreigners in Skyrim.

Extra info: Since the attack by the Thalmor on her family, she has been unwilling to engage in direct combat until absolutely necessary, preferring to fight from afar with her ranged spells and only using close-range spells and her sword when she has no other choice.
    Since Alduin razed Helgen (when Ralof saved Beth's life many times) and since Beth joined the Stormcloaks, being a shield-sister to Ralof of Riverwood, Beth has fallen in love with Ralof. She doesn't know if Ralof has noticed or if he feels the same, but near Ralof, she becomes nervous, and often overly talkative. Ralof is one of the few people in Skyrim that have never been cruel or hurtful to Beth in any way, along with Savos Aren and her father, and so every day that Beth is near Ralof, she hopes that she will pluck up the courage to confess her feelings to Ralof, to the point of wearing an amulet of Mara along with her 20-year-old Talos amulet.

Pufftuff

((This is my first CC as well as my first RP. If I'm not accepted I understand any pointers and stuff like that would be awesome okay here we go))

Name:Vladier

Age:Unknown was reaching his "golden years" during the oblivion crisis.

Sex:Male

Race: Breton

Birthplace:Unknown

Current Residence: A medium estate just north of Whiterun on The Pale side of the border at the foot of the mountains.

Appearance: Vladier is a frail looking old man. He stands no more than 5'5" very skinny, looking like time has been unkind to him. White skin with a long unkempt beard and long wiry black hair even though he's balding on top. He has bright golden eyes that glow intensely. He is physically unintimidating looking like a strong enough gust of wind to topple the poor old man. Often seen wearing black robes and leather boots that are worn and tattered. His hood up almost everywhere to hide his appearance and his eyes from the public. He carries no weapon or even a staff...

Personality: Vladier is as brilliant as he is mad. He is regarded as one of the most powerful Necromancers openly practicing in Skyrim. He has a weakness for seeking out more power and it has led down dangerous paths as he can become so obsessed with something he gets a sort of tunnel vision. Which is what caused his vampiric affliction. For all the knowledge he has in Conjuration and Illusion magic he knows almost nothing of the other school leaving him very weak on some fronts.

History: Vladier has seen so many winters he can't remember how old he is. He remembers the Oblivion crisis making him at least older than 200 years. As a Breton he discovered that he had a strong hand towards magic and began practicing magic at a very young age. He joined the mages guild many years ago and learned as much about Conjuration and Illusion magic as he could before the dissolution of the guild. His motives were never known to anyone as he had cut ties with his family and stayed to himself he began to study Necromancy in private becoming obsessed with learning to control the dead and the minds of the living. In his later years he had mastered most of all there was to know about controlling the dead and the thoughts and minds of the living. He was a mad man by that point and often took pleasure in causing groups of friends to slaughter each other and raising them again as his minions. But he realized that his time was approaching so he shifted his gaze to expanding his life and ultimately immortality. This eventually led him to Skyrim where he hoped to study the vampires and figure a way to just extract their immortality for himself. He was immediately shunned by the college for his insane goals. He finally found a small coven of vampires to study near Dawnstar, where he had developed a friendly or tolerated relationship with the Jarl for his assistance with problems of the undead kind. While studying the vampires though they grew weary and followed him home one day assuming he was an enemy. Thats when he achieved his goal.....in a manner of speaking he was turned. And although now immortal he didn't want to sacrifice his own humanity. He has since lived in Skyrim still trying to learn how to stay alive and cure his affliction. Making his money by making and selling potions and tonics. He watched as the Empire retook Skyrim and still holds a long standing agreement with every Jarl of The Pale

Roleplaying Sample: Vladier makes the fairly short horse ride from his home on the southern border of The Pale to Dawnstar as he does every week to sell potions to the townsfolk. This day was especially cold and stormy. At least I've made this trip enough times I can do it in white out conditions. He thought to himself.

Coming down the hill to Dawnstar he saw something and unusual. Imperial troops and some bearing the banner of Solitude. He re-adjusts his hood as to not drawn attention to himself. Walking past the group speaking with the guards of Dawnstar he could over hear. "We are here on official business of High Queen Elisif herself and we demand to speak to Jarl Brina Merilis it's urgent." As he continues by Vladier thinks to himself. Must be important if the the guard to send a message themselves.

After he finishes selling his potions and left over ingredients to Frida she bids him a fond fair well "Always a pleasure Vladier. I look forward to next week as always." Vladier turns to Frida as he fights to open the door against the wind and says "Frida my dear stay lovely" He hadn't made it this far without being able to talk to normal people. He shuts the door and turns and is startled to a back step to see one of Brina's guards standing there. With a sense of calm yet urgent tone he says. "Vladier! I'm glad I caught you before you left. Jarl Brina wishes to speak with you before you head back over the hill." Without a word Vladier nods and follows the guard.

As he enters the warmth of the Jarls long house almost a shock by comparison to the ungodly snow storm outside. He carefully walks towards the Jarl. Bows and says "My Jarl how may I be of assistance to you?" she responds in a slightly strained voice "As I'm sure you noticed the High Queen sent this letter of urgency." She hands the letter to Vladier. He looks it over it is vague yet the old necromancer is intrigued. Anything to do with magic is exciting to him. Vladier looks back at the Jarl and says, trying to hide his excitement "I will leave for Solitude at once. Please inform Frida I may be late with next weeks shipment" He takes his leave back into the cold. Hops on his horse and rides hastily home to pack for the trip to Solitude.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Sorry to say, but we're full at the moment. But thanks for trying!

And sorry for not beeing able to set up the IC by now. Will get it done tomorrow! Hope you can wait just a little longer!

EpicVakarian

It's cool any pointers on the CC or anything. Except for the spacing I figured that out lol

Its a really good start actually, one thing though; the Oblivion Crisis happened 200 years before Skyrim. I don't think there's any chance of a Breton living that long :p

Pufftuff

Thanks for the input. He actually came to Skyrim during the Ovlivion Crisis. And was turned well before the events in Skyrim i'll have to make that more prominent.
    Thanks again. Ill be watching the IC to learn a bit.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Sorry Kimrisvik! Didn't know you had the IC up yet! haha. I'll post later today, if I am able.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    I am back, but I don't know if you want me to proceed or to get out of the RP

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Thanks for letting me still be in the RP, as far as I know, there won't be anymore interruptions in my activity

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    VERY sorry for taking so long to post. I just got some RL stuff back in order, so hopefully what I have posted is alright.

EpicVakarian

Its not me, I can't really post again until the group of misfits leave Solitude to start fighting the warlocks. Or at least until the Jarl summons them all together. I probably shouldn't have written in such a way that that happened, sorry :/

EpicVakarian

blue468, Sorry if I missed it, but where did you write that your char went to the Winking Skeever? :/

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts