Terrible noodling and sounds from Dallas-Arbiter

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dallas-Arbiter

I made this video of my Jimi Hendrix signature Octavio back in March, been trying to decide if I should put it up on here, since it's a homemade product demo instead of a song. It's not going to be interesting to most people. I made this for guitarists to demonstrate what the pedal is capable of. First of all, this Jimi Hendrix Octavio is not a cash grab, like the "Jimi Hendrix System" pedals of the late 90's were. It's an almost exact replica of the Octavio that Jimi had.

This white cheese wedged shaped pedal does not make a nice sound, but it is a neat sound. It has a raspy fuzz tone, combined with Frequency Doubling (making every note sound one octave higher). By accident it also makes Ring Modulation (like the ending music on South Park, or the Dalek's voices on Doctor Who), Crossover distortion, and can act as a normal Fuzz pedal when cranked all the way up. Playing any two notes together that are not exactly a 5th apart results in ring modulation, and chords turn into an atonal mess. So "Power chords" are fine, a Dominate 7#9 chord (the Hendrix chord) will sound horrible.

BTW, please don't judge my playing too harshly, I was just noodling. I'm sorry for the long post, but I figured some sort of explaination for what it is, and why was in order.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts