terrible loading times (pc)?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
my save if 5 mb and i defragged my hard drive this morning but the loading screens are still pritty long, do you think re-downloading skyrim will help?
It can't hurt but I'm not optimistic it will help. When you played Skyrim before did you have the free optional high resolution textures pack from Bethesda installed? If so try uninstalling it and running the game again to see if it as any effect.

Dagmar

Umm.... I'm running Skyrim and I have those 1-2.5 minute load times, but my saves are 48 mb each... ANy advice?? Running about 70 mods. My machine is not the problem: 3.4 ghz quad core with 12 gb DDR3 RAM with 1 gb of dedicated GDDR5... Running Skyrim off my SATA. Thanks! I would love to reduce that load size (oh and btw I've only had this cpu for a week now)
Your problem is most likely being caused by bloated save game files. It's highly probable that you have mod conflicts that are causing the bloat. You should completely uninstall all your mods, not just deactivate them. You need to remove all files that have been added by mods and replace all files that were swapped out with mods with the default versions of those files, especially script files. You then need to choose and load a save game and run several weeks of ingame time. Save again and check the size of the new saved game. It should be significantly smaller than the prior saved game. You'll want to keep doing the waiting and saving of a game until you're under 10mb per save.

Dagmar

You can try disabling it for the time being under the options tab for the launcher window. Contact Steam directly for assistance on removing it entirely.

jake williams

i have deleted the high res texture pack from my files but the loading time's are still bad, i tryed it in windows mode and the loading screens where fast around 2-5 seconds but the only problem was that i am getting relly bad screen tear on window mode. do you now how i can stop the screen tear i have adaptive vsync on my gpu settings but that doesn't seem to help

Thank you very much! I'll keep this in mind when it finally gets to be too much of a problem... Uninstalling is obviously a lot of work though, save is up to 60mb lol. I'll try to find at least which mods are the culprits... I've had to deal with a lots of conflicts and am now running a pretty stable build, but I'll have to check out BOSS or wyre bash or what not to see what my main conflicts are!

Usually heavy scripting mods are the case for PC, but if yours is terrible or low, that could also be it.

glad to help. I had problems like that on my high end comp using 7 script heavy mods.

Leianne Graham

I ran into the same problem. Load times where INCREDIBLY slow. I have a VERY fast computer - lots of space, tons of memory etc. I ended up re-validating my cache through steam and I'm back to instantenous loads and 200+ fps! Try validating your cache.

fatnoob918

Pro tips: Save debloater (can be a mod or exe)
You can edit skyrimprefs.ini in your saves folder to disable v-sync
Lastly, you can get a mod to make windowed mode take up most of the screen

I hope that helps :D

fatnoob918

FYI if you shift-tab to go into steam view and then ctrl alt delete, then hit cancel to go back to skyrim and alt tab into it, it will almost instantly finish loading fast travels

Latest posts