Technical Issue; Involving an 5 yr old LCD 720p HDtv

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Recently ever since i started playing console games again, especially when I got my ps3 for disgaea 4 and Skyrim. Just now I had some squeaky sound come out of my tv that squeaks in and out sometimes, minus the fact there is a dim line on the central left and right side which is only noticeable if you stare. Idk if it's my HDMI cable, that the tv is too old where I had a tv from 1986 which still works like a charm even though that it is old so I'm hoping 5 years isn't the life expectancy of my tv. for the moment im letting my system and tv cooldown to hope I won't deal with this issue again.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Swapped the HDMI Cable, and blew some dust out of the TV, turning on my set and see how this goes.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Hmm interesting, no sound issues or dim lines atm.

BreakfastClub718

Could be your hdmi cable, 5yrs seems a bit short. From what I know LCDs usually last a good 7 or 8 years give or take. What brand tv is it and what kind of hdmi cable are you using?

Truewan

This guy was having a nice conversation with himself until you interrupted it 2 minutes ago Breakfastlub718.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Could be your hdmi cable, 5yrs seems a bit short. From what I know LCDs usually last a good 7 or 8 years give or take. What brand tv is it and what kind of hdmi cable are you using?

Appreciated, I guess it was, so far I've seen no issues.

LordTalos

blotches and smudgy effects are usually from backlight bleeding. When bold colours and lines appear covering the screen with no transparency the bulb is dying or a bad fault. I heard some HDMI cables are worse quality than others, it's always best to purchase a decent quality HDMI lead like premium gold ones.
I purchased a LED television a few months ago, it makes a strange wiring sound coming from the back when on for long periods of time. I hate to say it but all my LCD televisions have died within 2 years..... the good old bulky standard televisions however are built like a tank lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts