[TBR] The Crusades aftermath

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Askar

Vampire Enthusiast. Serana Lover.
Askar threw water onto his hearthfire and nodded his head at nothing in particular. His house was bathed in darkness like it was when he came in yet the darkness did nothing to impare his sight. Those red eyes glowed like lights of their own in the darkness and his vampiric powers allowed him to see straight through it. He moved with a purpose, straght to his manniquin that held his armor, and with quick and practiced hands he put it all on, tightening the straps and buckles and then looked to the mask that was still upon the manniquin. He gave a slight sigh and lifted it up so he could set it on his face and tie it on behind his head. Grabbing the hood he attatched it to his armor and pulled it over his head. Grabbing his shield and axe from the nearby weapon rack he headed the door and bid his home goodbye.

Walking in the broad daylight wasn't as difficult as one would think for a Vampire, it just made doing menial tasks far more difficult than they should have been. The sun sucked energy out of him, but it didn't burn him to a crisp like most people thought. He moved with ease, not wishing to tire himself out by simply walking and made his way through the twisting streets of Markarth to the Smith. He nodded gently to Ghorza gra-Bagol, the smithing mistress, she gave him a weary smile. She knew Askar, and had her suspicions about what he was, but he made good armor and good steel, and gave her the cut of his pay for using her forge. She stepped aside and snapped an order to Tactius Sallustius, making him go pick up some silver and other materials for the forge. Askar nodded gently and removed the large cloak from his shoulders and then his gloves as well. The rest of his armor stayed on, but he had to use his bare hands to grip the hammer. Ghorza looked at him funny, but asked no questions, she wasn't going to displease the man before her by asking unwanted questions, he had never brought it up to her before, so she wouldn't bring it up to him.

Gripping the hammer in his pale fingers Askar grabbed a few steel ingots and a large oricelcum ingot as well. Throwing them in the proper molds for the forge he allowed them to melt down and then pulled them out to cool and harden. Once hardened into square plates he took what was left over to make nails and fastenings, his gloves needed a tuneup. Cutting the steel plats into smaller strips he worked the steel in the heat of the forge so he could get them to the right shape and form. Whistling to Ghorza he motioned for her to grab his gloves and she did as bid, nodding lightly and patting his forearm as she left, going to lean against the smith post and watch his work. Making sure the steel was properly made and hard enough he moved to the gloves and began to work on the knuckles and hand guards, prying off the broken parts and tossing them in the scraps to be melted down into ingots later. Once the gloves were bare he took the freshly made steel and began to work it into place, making sure every plate fit and everything was well fitted and strong. Setting the hammer down he took one of his gloves and slipped it over his large hand and flexed his fingers, he had great movement and the plates slide over eachother perfectly, which made a bit of pride swell in his chest. However there was one more thing to do, reinforce the knuckles.

Grabbing the scraps he had tossed away he sends them into the smelter and waits for them to melt down and then grabs the right mold he needed, small disks, a touch smaller than a septim. Pouring the steel into the mold he waited for it to cool, all the while making small chat with Ghorza, talking about techniques, and new ways of forging certain metals. Once cooled Askar took the small disks and moved to the work table and grabbed a little hammer so he could work the disks so they boughed out in the middle, allowing for easy fit over the knuckles. Once each was set he grabbed his gloves and began to fasten them. It took quite a bit of time, but once done, it was amazingly successful. Askar smiled and set everything down, admiring his work for a moment. Once sure he had gotten everything right, he fastens the gloves on and then turns to Ghorza, "Thank you so much for allowing me usage of your forge Ghorza, I need to sharpen my axe and fix a few dents in my shield, and I'll be out of your forge." He gave a smile behind his mask, though she couldn't see it. Nodding her head, Ghorza allowed him free reign.

Grimm_Moon

Tadock woke up in the corner of the inn after hearing his god Malacath talk to him all night his still felt rested. He was starving though and wanted foor all he had done in days was drink. He had no food and had also used a lot of energy on the run from Solitude.

He walked over to the inn keeper and asked if he could give him some deer meat. The inn keeper brought him three plates knowing that he would eat them all. Tadock almost inhaled the food. He thanked the inn keeper and payed him 30 gold.

Tadock walked out of the inn and looked for the Sun. Judging by where it was in the sky it was 8:30. Tadock walked around the city looking at the sites and all the people around him. He loved to people watchh in these cities. It was so different from the life in the Orc holds.

He walked around the city until he found Sipro standing next to the man from the inn who told him he would become a demon. He walked to Sipro's side. "I could make you a blade if you buy the metal." It was the only nice thing he could say to the man at this point. He couldn't smash his head in cause it would anger Sipro but he also didn't like what the man had to say about him. Tadock was not going to become a demon he was going to live in Malacath's Ash Palace.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

Chris approached Sipro, armored up and all. He placed his hand on his shoulder. "Never knew one of the Dark Brotherhood had a social life, but it would make sence- You are a speaker." Chris said jokeingly. He obsereved the sleeping quarters. "You slept in this? I swear these Inn need better room." He was quite suprised to see the conditions of the Inn.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Sipro smiled as Chris approached him placing his hand on his shoulder ''Nice to see you friend. Now that would be greatly kind of you Tadock, no need for buying the metal though I'm sure it'll be free for us, let me lead you to the blacksmith, I wanna see what kind of steel you make. Follow me, you come to Chris come see these guys work'' Sipro gazed up in the sky for a moment reminding himself where it was, then remembered and started to walk to the smith, it was on the right of the Inn up a couple of stairs. He walked up the stairs directing Chris, Tadock and Rufinu towards the smith, it was nice to see Chris once more, he would introduce them later on the road for now they had some work to do.

They finally reached the smith as Sipro's eye caught the gaze of Askar, making some weaponary ''Here's the smith boys. Now Askar, have you changed your might mate or are you just making some steel for the laugh of it?'' Sipro smiled to himself, he was hoping that Askar had changed his mind and he stood their waiting for Askar to reply. As he waited he turned to Chris, Tadock and Rufinu ''Right Tadock, help yourself to making some steel, Rufinu decide what you want, and Chris if you want a blade tell Tadock here.'' Sipro turned back to Askar awaiting his answer.

Sipro still needed to meet R'alle at 10-11am in the keep, he would then wait with the rest of the group then finally the march against the Strikers would begin.

Google

Shadow-tail sat next to Sipro, but the others payed him no heed. He had grown frustrated by Sipro's willingness to recruit strangers they had just meet not minutes ago, but he felt that resent events prevented him from having a say in who joins or not. The fact that Chris has suddenly arrived didn't help matters. He waved his hand to Chris, but offered no greeting.

"Just because I'm back to normal doesn't not mean my feelings for Chris has changed. He's still an annoying brat in my eyes."

He leaned further into his chair and closed his eyes, trying to block out all the noise. What the others talked about was of no interest to him, so a bit of rest while they spoke to one another seemed like a good idea.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

Chris held up Lunar. "The Legendary Blade of The Moon is unrivaled." Chris knew it's draw backs as well as straighnths. It would extend his magic above and beyond, but required magic and stamina.

Chris made eyecontact to Shadow. "If you have something to say to me than say it." Chris had hardened since his memory had recoved. He cared very little what Shadow thought of him, Chris beat his army of course, but Shadow was under dark infuence and would not hold him accountable for his own actions; thus being merciful and spairing him..

Google

Shadow-Tail could feel Chris's eyes glaring at him, but he continued to lean in his chair with his eyes closed.

"If you have something to say to me than say it."

Shadow almost smiled at Chris's attempt to get him talking. He had little to say to him... besides an insult or two.

"I have nothing to say to you, Chris. Now leave me be."

R'alle

young but able
R'alle awoke and wiped the drool from his mouth. He walked over to where Sipro was. He saw Shadow Tail and Chris talking. He yawned and wiped his eyes as he sat down. He listened to Chris and Shadow tail bicker.
I wonder if they'll fight?

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

"Hmmm. Seems R'alle here is more grown up than you Shadow" Chris smiled, he hated Shadow-Tail with a passion he could not explain. He always saw him as an arogant argonian. He never had anything aginste his race either, it was just Shadow-Tail.

He averted his eyes at R'alle. "Morning young one. I brought you a present." He handed R'alle a baked good- It was several baked fish into a nice big warm bread bowl.

As Rufinu acknowledged Sipro, several of his other friends came up to him. The most notable one was Tadock, who to Rufinu's surprise offered to make him his sword. A somewhat of a kind act.

Rufinu at first didn't like the idea of an Orc making him his weapon. In his opinion it was almost on the same scale as using a daedric artifact. Of course though, the latter was much worse. However though when Rufinu thought of it he had no other choice. The main blacksmith in Markarth was an Orc! While he heard from people she had an imperial for an assistant, if he made Rufinu's blade it could be faulty and in return get himself killed.

So really what did he have to lose? In his travels he heard that Orcs were pretty good blacksmiths. It was his chance to test this. And perhaps he could made his relationship softer with Tadock, instead of the stiffness it had now.

"Why that would be very kind of you Tadock. I've heard that you Orcs are pretty gifted at the art of smithing".

Rufinu, Sipro, and his friends then began to head towards the blacksmith. Reaching the forge, to Rufinu's surprise the Vampire, the one he saw yesterday was using the forge. Oh great, in this city, I have to choose between two Orcs or a Vampire to make my weapon. It was just a thought though, he didn't want anybody else to hear him. And by what Rufinu had heard about Orcs, they had quite a temper. He didn't want Tadock impaling him to a post, however though Tadock had been mostly gentle towards him so far.

"I've just take a simple steel sword Tadock, I would be grateful if you sharpened the blade on the grindstone. You know what, you may not be a demon after all". Rufinu gave a smirk at Tadock, his last comment was sort of a mix of being a compliment and being sarcastic.

However though the word demon quickly made Rufinu think of something. Now was a useful time to use what he learned in the school of alteration. He had learned a spell called detect life not too long ago. It would be useful in finding out who was human, and who wasn't. A bright purple light would reflect off humans, while for daedra and the undead, nothing would come up. Casting the spell would have no effect on anyone else. Nor would they see it.

Putting his hand behind his back so nobody would see it, Rufinu casted the spell. Bright purple blobs quickly ran across the area he was in. The Vampire didn't show up, but that was because he was well a Vampire. Rufinu was expecting that. A bright purple light did come off of Tadock though. So he wasn't a daedra out to get Rufinu. He would at least take comfort in that.

Something strange was happening to Sipro though. The light emitting off of him was far more brighter. In fact it seemed double of what the light of everyone else was. So strange, perhaps Rufinu would bring this up to Sipro later on. He couldn't let anyone else know what he just did though. He didn't want people to find out he was already doing things behind there backs. But this was for his safety.

R'alle

young but able
R'alle smiled. He took the food, "Thanks!" he ate his breakfast slowly savoring the taste. It was probably the best food he ever had.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

Chris smiled. "Just think of it as a birthday present." he chuckled. Chris's hair was growing quite long. It now reached his shoulders, but it fit his figure and chrisma just fine.

OOC: Wow I'm butchering the alphabet today arn't I?

Google

"Hmmm. Seems R'alle here is more grown up than you Shadow."

That forced Shadow to laugh like he had never laughed before. It's seems Chris has grown into a comedian, as you had to be a man of humor to be that ignorant.

"Please, make another joke. I haven't heard jokes like that in a long time."

R'alle

young but able
R'alle was a little confused. "How did you know it was my birthday yesterday?"

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

"Okay, since you asked- Your skills." He glaired at Shadow-Tail with a smile. "That is a joke."

He whispere to R'alle " A teacher always keeps track of important information." He said shortly.

R'alle

young but able
R'alle chuckled at the joke. He was almost done with his breakfast when he thought about what Chris said. How?
maybe I'll find out later.

Google

"Okay, since you asked- Your skills. That is a joke."

Shadow laughed so hard that it had started to hurt.

"Chris, that has to be one of the best jokes of all time. Maybe you should be a jester. You would knock the nobles out cold with jokes like that."

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

"Want me to prove myself to you Shadow? I don't mind beating you a second time." Chris wasn't arogant- Just sure of himself statistically. Chris waved Lunar. The Blade was bound only to Shuzan bloodline. None are able to grasp it other than he.

Askar

Vampire Enthusiast. Serana Lover.
OOC: (( Holy multiple short posts batman! ))

Askar looked at the group of people who had walked up on the forge, lovely, exactly what he wanted this early in the morning. People to judge him; the mere thought made him scowl a bit. He looked at Spiro and nodded lightly, "As I said before, you allow me free reign to do my trade, and don't send me in the die, we'll do fine."

He was busy forging something, the forge burning hot and embers flying this way and that. He heard Rufinu's request for a steel sword and jerked his head, there was a pile of steel armor and weaponry being polished by Ghorza's apprentance. Askar grunted, "Take your pick, all forged this morning, harder than Skyforge steel."

He didn't really wait and look to see if the man actually took any of his own weapons, the man was a Vigilant of Stendaar, of course he'd' be weary to pick anything up that Askar had touched. With a snicker he added, "Only one piece has been treated with my blood, good luck figuring out which one." Sillus, the man who was polishing the weapons suddenly froze, swallowing a large lump in his throat. Ghorza snapped at him and he quickly went back to work, though he was growing pale and trembling slightly. All the while, Askar simply continued to smith...something.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

OOC: Hard to do Giant post via ps3 lol. No spell check either.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts