• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf
Now that they have a face changer in the Ragged Flagon, I think it would be cool if they had a tattoo person there as well! I know we have war paint, but maybe just an addition to the war paint, Arm tattoos, leg tattoos, chest, and back tattoos. I've seen people add all sorts of stuff with mods to their characters, I just think it would be fun to get some arm tattoos and stuff :) why not?

Something like Fable?

Savvy Noob

yea it would be cool they can do it with a daedric dagger and indian ink

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
It wouldn't go along with the time period. Medeval Tatoos were more like scars lol.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
^^ although true, they actually had very impressive tattoos for thousands of years in indigenous tribes using bamboo shoots and coal something still being used today

perkecet

^^ although true, they actually had very impressive tattoos for thousands of years in indigenous tribes using bamboo shoots and coal something still being used today
this is correct, if tattoos were to be a thing in tamriel they would surely not come from cyrodiil or skyrim, etc. which are more medieval or renaissance style places, but rather somewhere like blackmarsh, elsweyr or valenwood where the culture is a bit more tribal and for lack of a better word "earthy". morrowind might fit in there as well with the ashlanders, as well as the fact that it's quite out of this world, so they could really have anything there without it being too odd.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
this is correct, if tattoos were to be a thing in tamriel they would surely not come from cyrodiil or skyrim, etc. which are more medieval or renaissance style places, but rather somewhere like blackmarsh, elsweyr or valenwood where the culture is a bit more tribal and for lack of a better word "earthy". morrowind might fit in there as well with the ashlanders, as well as the fact that it's quite out of this world, so they could really have anything there without it being too odd.

Exactly, but maybe do something like have foreign men and women come into skyrim and tattoo while each region has a different tattoo style and cost. Now i am bot a fan of having the ability to completely cover yourself with tattoos though. perhaps a bit unnecessary. What i bolded is something i completely agree with

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
...Imperial Empress Kintyra had a tattoo. Ohmes tattoo their face to look more feline. ES lore is filled with tattooing. An art that has been around since before recorded time.

exactly, so tattooing isnt out of the question at all!

Xarnac

Er, what the hell just happened, my post deleted, then moved and deleted. oh well:

...Imperial Empress Kintyra had a tattoo. Ohmes tattoo their face to look more feline. ES lore is filled with tattooing. An art that has been around since before recorded time.

perkecet

i'm sure bethesda just feels it's unnecessary since nearly all armors and clothing cover the arms. i personally consider the "war paint" to be tattoos and i don't get why they didn't call them such. who can keep paint on their face for years without even a bit of fading? kingdoms of amalur had the same thing, but were keen enough to call them tattoos and not face paint, as if i'm at some sort of children's carnival

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts