1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Talk to the Companions leaders for work problem

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by Womish, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Womish New Member

Message Count:
    Hello, I have problem with quest "Talk to the Companions leaders for work". I'm playing Skyrim with Dawnguard DLC and I'm level 79. I'm using many mods but I think it's not a problem, because I tried it even with every mod turned off. I tried to do this without Dawnguard selected in game files.

I've seen similar thread here already but it wasn't answered so I decided to make a new one. When I go talk with any of the companions leaders (Vilkas, Aela, Skjor or Farkas [I even tried speaking to Kodlak]) I don't have any job option in dialogs, all I can say/ask is where do they stand on the war, why did they join companions and what does it mean to be a companion. I tried to use every possible question while talking to them. I tried selecting quest as a highlighted or even turning on and off showing all miscellaneous quests tracking. I've tried console commands on these NPCs "enable" and "disable" but it didn't work. I don't have any companion quest currently active other than this one. I checked completed tasks and there was quest called "TAKE UP ARMS" and I completed it without any trouble. I even tried to find console command for completing this mission or moving it further, but all I found was some random rubbish that wasn't even helpful. Maybe you can tell me what's quest ID or maybe is it possible to complete this quest without using console?

I saw question if there is any quest in my quest log preventing me from taking/completing miscellaneous quests, but I don't know if there is anything like this in Skyrim...? I thought being vampire might be a problem, because I already know I will become a werewolf later on. But after doing "cure quest" I wasn't able to complete it anyway.

I'm really confused, because I dealt with many quest bugs, visual bugs or any type of bugs in Skyrim, but there always was solution on the net or sometimes I dealt with it on my own. But this one is just godlike boss among Skyrim problems to me. I couldn't find any solution myself. Please, help me if you can.
  2. Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

Message Count:
    Have you, at any point, changed your race either with the showracemenu console command or a mod?
  3. Womish New Member

Message Count:
    Nope, I only used this NPC from Riften to change my appearance.

All I changed were my perks and I did it with a mod. But I have to admit, that something strange happened. When I entered Dawnguard Bastion for example Serana walked to me and said something what she used to say before. After last mission for DLC. And Tolfdir told me about The Eye of the Magnus. It was strange. And I could buy my houses once again. Breezehome was mine, I had every additional furniture there, but anyways I could purchase it from Avenici... And same in Riften. I don't know what happened but it seems like scripts moved back or something.

PS Winterhold College's gate was closed but there was no quest to open it up like before with spell testing. I had to use console command "unlock".
  4. Womish New Member

Message Count:
    Ok, I dealt with it. Just typed "completeallobjectives CompanionsRadiantMiscObjective" in a console, than restarted game and here I am. Good luck.
  5. Jan van Manen New Member

Message Count:
    Wasn't enough for me. I have the same issue, I don't have many unusual mods, I didn't repick my perks halfway through or anywhere else. I didn't change race, didn't go to the woman in Riften for facial change. I used the console comment, it completes the Misc Objective but I cannot get anything new in place. Man, I'll just start a new game, again.