• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Sparkplug

So I played through the story of Dawnguard, (I was thrilled, by the way) but I was disappointed at the fact that Bethesda didn't expand at all on some extremely intriguing new possibilites opened up by the new lore.
I wrote down this rough idea for a story that uses some of this new lore, and was just wondering if it sounded interesting. I'm not much of a modder, so I can't exactly make a mod that would do this though.

Molag Bal, in punishment for destroying his favored lord Harkon, turns your spouse into a pure-blooded vampire. He/She attacks you, forcing you to kill him/her. This sets the stage for a quest for revenge on a Daedric Lord.

You begin to gather knowledge about Molag Bal by completing his daedric shrine quest and speaking to scholars and victims. Through piecing together bits of lore you uncover the location (in Oblivion?) of the first vampire, Lamae Beolfag. She has always despised the corruption of Molag Bal, and agrees to aid you. Through her special connection with the Daedric Lord, she provides you with important information. She suggests that to destroy a Daedric Lord you must equal the power of a Daedric Lord.

You search for a way to increase your personal power and destroy Bal, entreating Aedra and other Daedra to help you and being rebuffed. The other Daedra scorn you and mock your plan as insane ramblings of a mad human. They do not want to participate, calling you one of many humans afflicted with madness who wish revenge on the gods. This gives you an idea. For aid in a mad scheme, you decide to secure the aid of the Prince of Madness.

After completing Sheogorath's daedric quest you visit him in the Shivering Isles, where he reveals that he is not the original Sheogorath, he is the Champion of Cyrodiil who freed Jyggalag from the curse of the other princes in the Oblivion DLC. However, he loves the general idea, calling it the maddest plan he's ever heard, and wishes to help. Because the Champion has freed the original Sheogorath/Jyggalag from his curse and taken sovereignty of his realm, He points out that this means there is an extremely powerful and realm-less Daedric Prince also seeking revenge on the Daedric Princes and suggests you petition him for aid.

You travel to a plane near the Shivering Isles to speak to Jyggalag, who has been building his strength in preparation for the creation of a new plane of Oblivion. You petition Jyggalag to aid you in your revenge on Molag Bal. Jyggalag, having always been disgusted by Bal's chaotic evil, accepts your proposal on the condition that he will gain control of the Coldharbour in order to turn it into his own plane of Oblivion. In exchange, you will be given command of the Armies of Order and power enough to trap Molag Bal within an artifact of his own creation, his mace. You will then be able to wield Molag Bal's power as your own and force him to experience all the suffering he has caused on Nirn. Jyggalag corrupts the Mace of Molag Bal to act as a repository and prison for the Daedric Lord.

You, in concert with Jyggalag, lead a new Greymarch against the Coldharbour, and confront Molag Bal. He reveals that he had a complex plan that involved this scenario and this is all what he wanted, right before you imprison him within his own twisted creation and curse him in whatever way you see fit.

The mace is transformed into an instrument that can return souls to the undead, instead of trapping the souls of the living as it did while an artifact of Bal. The wielder of the mace wields the literal power of Molag Bal, for good or evil, and Jyggalag begins to be revered as a hero of Mundus. Molag Bal worship, due to the spectacular nature of the confrontation between two Daedric Lords and thus its evidence and prominence on Tamriel, sees a resurgence, and a war develops between the new followers of Jyggalag and the followers of the disempowered Daedric Lord. Lamae asks for the release of true death, ending her curse. Instead, with the Corrupted Mace of Molag Bal, you are able to return her to the life she once possessed, and she is finally freed of her curse. She then departs, promising to help remove the stain of Bal's influence on the world. Molag Bal's "plan" never comes to fruition, and you erect a monument to your dead spouse, finally ending your quest for revenge on a Daedric Lord.

Skarvald

Kendov – Warrior
I SO wish this was the main plot AFTER killing Harkon on the Dawnguard side, but alas... Bethesda didn't add this. Creative and EPIC! Good job!

AtomicDonut

Awesome, but I don't think I would be too happy with Aela turning into a vampire... lol

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

But Ysolda doesn't want to be a vampire... :c

Sparkplug

Oh ho ho, you cannot resist the will of the Daedra...
Anyway, maybe someone will actually make this, but it won't be me, because I am opeless at that sort of thing.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Interesting, but why does my Jenessa have to die? Or Derkeethus, for that matter?

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
Also, why don't I help out? I mean, I do owe Jyggalag one, since he gave me his old title, but I mean, I'd gladly help! As long as you vote for me this upcoming election.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts