Taking Care of Business quest problem.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KillasofCreepas

I really want to join the thieves guild. In the first mission, I decided to brawl Bersie- Honey Hand to collect his debt. Then he took his dagger out so I went outside. When the guards saw him they killed him immediately. I looted all of his stuff but it still doesn't say that I collected his debt. Then I tried to use the "resetquest TG1" command but that just stopped the quest, and whenever I talk to Brynjolf he does nothing.

Kattus

Do you have any saves from before that happened? You could go back and just try it again.

I had a similar, maybe even the same?, issue where Bersi and Helga would attack me with their daggers upon starting the brawl. When I killed them, guards would show up and beat my ass. So I killed them via console cheat ('kill') and brought them back to life ('resurrect'). They then continued to talk to me as if I had finished the quest like I was supposed to ('what do you want I gave you the money bla bla bla'). When I returned to Brynjolf he'd get pissed at me for killing my target (although I resurrected them... duh), but still counted the quest as finished and I could go on with the thieves guild questline.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

TamrielExplorer

how is some people managing to kill Bersi when on these elder scrolls wiki pages it said's he's always essential? I tried shooting a bow at him and he just drops on his knees in that injured pose rather than being killed

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Bersi is not an essential character, so whatever wiki you read was incorrect. Next, I would not recommend fighting any of the merchants because they are all kind of glitchy. The best way to get this quest done without any issue is by finding each of the peoples pressure points. Bersi's is his golden urn. Take your weapon out, and hit it a few times and it will smash to bits. Then he'll fork up all the money he owes. Brawling is the fun thing to do, I agree, but it's to glitchy and risky to deal with most of the time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts