PC Switching to PC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Wzup forums.
I got a couple questions about PC gaming since I am new to it xD.
First off, how do you refrain from using console commands while playing skyrim?
It's a really hard thing for me not to do. But, I'll be using mods for custom armors/graphics.
Second, I'm wondering if my the computer would be good and run smoothly for playing Skyrim as well as other games like minecraft. (It's a Gaming Computer but I'll tell you guys what it has once he starts building it )
I don't know much about it because my friend's uncle is going to make one for me for my birthday which is coming up in a couple of days
If I don't get the info in time, maybe you guys could tell me what I need to run Skyrim smoothly.
Thanksss

LadySapphira

Hi I don't know much about this either, but the ability of your new computer to run Skyrim depends on a very large number of factors. one common weakness in non-gaming computer (such as mine) especially is the graphics card. Skyrim has pretty good graphics (I think they're AMAZING) so of course this uses up a lot of space there and if your computer doesn't have a card that can handle it you're sunk. You need to look at individual specs with a gaming computer - if you're having it built that means you're getting individual parts, and each part needs to match up with the requirements.

I googled requirements and these were the first that came up:
System Requirements of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | PC Game Requirements
Bethesda Reveals PC Requirements for Skyrim

I'd strongly advise looking at suggested over required, or you probably will not be happy with gameplay. Have whoevers helping make your computer look at these and make sure you're within specs.

As far as controllers go no clue!

oh, and happy birthday!

LadySapphira

Oh true, though I think skyrim is around top end. I'd suggest looking around at games that throw lots of graphics at you and see what they require.

I was thinking of making a game computer myself and though I never did (lots of reasons mostly $$ made more sense to go console), it REALLY helped me to look through the hardware myself. Reviews... forums for gamers that kind of thing. I personally like newegg.com for specs of hardware, but thats just me being nerdy probably. A friend told me about that site. find somewhere that will give you all the details, and read up on what each part does and means. Also find what games typically need. If you like games like skyrim, skyrim is tough on graphics CPU RAM, as with most new games. if you liked older games, you could get lower end stuff.

Oh yeah. GET A GOOD FAN. heard a lot of horror stories about people who don't :p they sell really good cases with built in fans and space for added ones of your own so you can't go wrong

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Haha okay, I'll make sure he gets a fan for it.
and yeah, I'll be using newer games such as skyrim, fallout, assassins creed, basically free-roam games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts