PC Swapping Between Character Saves?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bladebarrier

Is there a way to make swap between characters, and their list of saves? I'm a frequent saver, and even when writing down the last save for a character, it can be incredibly long to scroll all the way back to where I played a different character last.

Is there any console command, or otherwise, so swap to the last saved game of a different character by name, or at least load a game by its save number, without scrolling through my hundreds of saves?

Thanks!

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Do you mean you have a large amount of characters? or a large amount of saves on only a few characters? Are you able to just save over your previous characters saved state? therefore one save per character..

bladebarrier

Do you mean you have a large amount of characters? or a large amount of saves on only a few characters? Are you able to just save over your previous characters saved state? therefore one save per character..

I have a ton of saves, mostly. Just three characters, but I'm a save-aholic, so when I play on my main one, the others get pushed back by hundreds of saves.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
You know you can click on the same save state and save over it? like the same character?

bladebarrier

You know you can click on the same save state and save over it? like the same character?

Yeah, I'm just OCD when it comes to new saves. I'm almost at 700 now. This isn't the first TES game I've played, so glitches are something I'm used to the idea of. I like to make sure I can go back a ways if something bugs out (which has happened a couple times in Skyrim for me, and I was glad I did it).

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Yeah I guess I can understand that, fairenough. but 700 saves...no wonder you are having trouble finding old saves. I know what sort of program you are after but I don't know if anything like that is available. You're after like a "continue" for each character right?

bladebarrier

Yeah I guess I can understand that, fairenough. but 700 saves...no wonder you are having trouble finding old saves. I know what sort of program you are after but I don't know if anything like that is available. You're after like a "continue" for each character right?

Exactly that, yes. So far I've been keeping the last save game of each character in a notepad file, but some I haven't played in over 500 saves, and scrolling that far is sluggish.

I suppose what I could try to do is hop between them just to bump them to a more recent save number, but if there was a way to search by character name in a pre-load menu, it would be wonderful.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Sounds like a job for our wonderful modding community! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts