• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
Hey guys -

Here's the quick and dirty: Got a gaming PC, got Skyrim, modded it into a crazy realistic, survival game. Journals (at least used to be) really big on these forums so I thought now that I don't have to use self-imposed rules on the console, I'd try it again! But oh, what to play... perhaps you guys can tell me what sounds more interesting? Below are a few sample character ideas, as well as a list of all the mods I have installed in case someone finds that interesting/useful. :D All character concepts generated randomly using this post, and then given some backstory.

Virtue: Valor
Pride: Boastful
Primary Talent: Intelligence (Lockpicking, Alchemy)
Secondary Talent: Agility (One Handed, Light Armor)

Galadir is renowned Tamriel over as the best thief that there ever was, is, or will be! ...or, at least that's his plan now. Galadir was originally an honest trader who made a lowly living selling local flora and fauna he harvested until, one day, thieves descended upon his home and began extorting all of his hard-earned money. Rather than be disgusted and outraged, he found himself rather jealous. Here as a group of people who made his life's earnings in a matter of days!
Virtue: Patience
Flaw: Gluttony
Primary Talent: Wisdom (Conjuration, Destruction)
Secondary Talent: Agility (Light Armor, One Handed)

Andas is studying to become a great wizard, like his father who died in The Great War, for the Empire. A student at the College of Winterhold, he shows great magical promise and trains diligently... by day. But at night, Andas is known to succumb to the grief at the loss of his father and the stress of his training, with alcoholism being a very real factor in his life.
Virtue: Temperance
Flaw: Greed
Primary Talent: Wisdom (Conjuration, Destruction)
Secondary Talent: Intelligence (Alchemy, Enchanting)

Celinor is a new Inquisitor for the Thalmor, freshly sent to Skyrim to continue his training as a member of the Thalmor. In a climate that is a harsh, and the people are harsher, Celinor may have his work cut out for him, especially if he can't keep his greed under control. Celinor is known to... well, murder people who have things he wants.
Virtue: Patience
Flaw: Wrath
Primary Talent: Charisma (Speech, Illusion)
Secondary Talent: Agility (One Handed, Light Armor)

Orbak never found himself at home with his Orc kin. Rather then having an affinity towards battle and conquest, Orbak instead found himself more of an intellect. Much of his early life was spent translating for his people and other races and now he works towards making his way as a common merchant, overcoming the hurdles that his birth has given him. Though they aren't unfounded - Orbak is quick to anger and violence, when provoked... and, not surprising, is quite good at it.
Virtue: Diligence
Flaw: Lust
Primary Talent: Wisdom (Destruction, Restoration)
Secondary Talent: Charsima (Illusion, Alteration)

Indor is a refugee from Morrowind who found himself in Windhelm. A lowly farmer in his last life, he didn't imagine he could become any lower class of citizen until he found himself oppressed by the Nords. Indor, however, has a secret talent for magic... perhaps that will be his way out of the Grey Quarter? He'll take anything and everything he can to get himself a better life.

For the sake of keeping things simple, I'll only list the mods that will make a major impact on the game. For example, you don't need to know I use the Equipment Overhaul mod to change how I carry things on my character.

Requiem Survival Experience - Huge collection of various mods that work with Requiem and is the core of my setup.
Expanded Towns and Cities - Love this one. Gives a lot more depth to major cities and settlements.
Live Another Life - Goes great with Requiem for immersion. This will allow me to start off much more seamlessly based on the character's back story.
Climates of Tamriel - For when your starting date is randomly selected as Rain's Hand (April), so it rains every other day, and your other mod makes it so you can get hypothermia and die.
Immersive Armors - I turned a lot of these off though because they look ridiculous... but some of the light armor ones look lovely.
Immersive Weapons - Spears. Thank you lord.

sheggy6

My money's on the Bosmer thief, having to sneak and be boastful? That's a difficult feat. to achieve as a whole, and I would love to see how you would go about pulling that off.

hershangames

I put my money on Celinor, the thalmor. Killing people for greed is not why I most like of an assasin but if you play yandere-like...well that would be quite epic

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts