1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Summon Durnehviir

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by Nick_Tbolt, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Nick_Tbolt

Nick_Tbolt Member

When I shout for Durnehviir to come, he doesn't, and the shout doesn't work because my misc quest for summon him to Tamriel doesn't complete nor has the learn the first word of the shout even though I have unlocked all three with Dragon Souls

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  2. Hygiliak

Hygiliak New Member

You have to do it in combat silly I know try the giant camps that's how I did it after three times he becomes just like odaving
  3. Lansworthy

Lansworthy Lacklusterous

Yea, the only way he comes is when you're in Combat.

Sometimes he'll only show up if you do the First word only, happened to me once, but then the next time I was able to shout all 3.
  4. Griogior

Griogior Member

You need to be facing the ground, mate. It summons a portal to the Soul Cairn, from which he comes through. And you don't need to be in combat. You cannot shout into the sky like with Odahviing, but you must shout it at the ground, and you can do all three shouts when doing this. Hope this helps! :)
  5. Nick_Tbolt

Nick_Tbolt Member

Thanks, that worked

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  6. vorsmom

vorsmom New Member

Hey there people. Name's Vorsmom. Just wanted to thank you for your help with my Durnehviir problem. Shouting at the ground did the trick. ;)
  7. zane

zane Active Member

._. i wasn't in combat when I summoned him... I just looked at the ground and shouted. He then talks to me teaches me one word at a time, then goes have fun flying around... for a really long time i might add, like i thought he left and then i look up and NOPE he's still just flying around lol.
  8. SilentCO1

SilentCO1 New Member

You cab even summon him in the soul cairn, it didn't have to be in Tamriel. He still teaches you the shout.
  9. jcluky13

jcluky13 Member

ok so i have completed the questline and have killed the dragon but and talked to him but the only word for the summoning shout i have is dur, how do i get the other two?
  10. zane

zane Active Member

try pressing X with 2 more dragon souls in the shout menu :D

most people forget about 1 soul per word of one shout for unlocking ^-^