Suggestions for The Elder Scrolls 6

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Setting
I'd love for the whole of Tamriel to be featured, but I don't think that'll be feasible with the effort, technology, and traditions involves. Bethesda likes to really highlight the region and the factions there, that's why we know the Forsworn, Falmer history, and about the biases about elves. If a larger area was featured in Skyrim (than Skyrim) then all we'd know is that there are Nords, who are cold... and stuff. So I think it's best that Beth go country by country, like they said as justification for Skyrim being smaller that Cyrodiil, it'll be smaller, but the world is more detailed.

The candidates (I think) for TES 6 are
-The Summerset Isles (PLEASE don't let it be like Quel'Thalas, that place is TOO sunny)
-Valenwood (I REALLY want to see walking trees. This place will be awesome, but the Greenpact and only eating meat is kinda creepy)
-Elswyer (Jungle, desert, sounds neat)
-Black Marsh (The Argonian's are on the riiiiiissse!)

I think it'll be Summerset Isles because of all of the Thalmor lore in Skyrim. It makes sense because Bethesda doesn't really carry large story lines between games. For example the affairs of the Neravine had no effect on the Oblivion Crisis, which had no effect on the return of the dragons. Unless it's covered in DLC (which would have to be massive, or it'd be very disappointing), the Thalmor's spotlight in Skyrim is foreshadowing for TES 6. Summerset would also be good for creative design, as there is very little information about the Isles out and that would give the team a lot of freedom. This will make for a wacky, cool environment, muchlike Morrowind.

Story

I believe that the story will result from a new catalyst. As far as I know there was no foreshadowing of the Oblivion Crisis of the Return of the Dragons or Syrim's civil war. If the Thalmor are the main plot line then TES 5 & 6 will have broken this trend. I hope that (if the land is Summerset) the plot will revolve around a
conflict between the Psyjjic Order and the Thalmor loyalists will be central to the plot. The Thalmor could be cooking up some crazy bad magic like Ancano. You could choose a side like the Civil War. That being said, I hope this isn't a pattern in future ES games, although a war is never an uninteresting set of side quests.

Gameplay
I want sneaking to be less bipolar. The shadow warrior perk is really on & off with it's effectiveness. Also I want the player to be able to play each class & skill at 100% all on one character whether this is done by removing perks or allowing them to be changed around I don't care. If it is a shane system I want it to be free and able to be done whenever & wherever, although a day cool down would be ok.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Also I don't want annoying or useless skills. Pickpocketing was fun, but os to enough for it's own skill? Not really. It should be consolidated with lockpicking and called something like Handwork (troll face). There should be more types of locks! a human door, Dwarven contraption, and Falmer chest, made of CHITIN!, should not all have the same steel lock! That being said, don't make lock picking essential, keep it doable by even those who don't have the skill, but diversify it a bit.

I forgot to mention I would love to have the redemption of the Snow Elves (get to your magic Auriel!) and the return of the Dwemer covered in Skyrim DLC or TES 6. I want to play a Dwemer & Falmer in TES 6 so bad!

Ideally the redemption of the Falmer (I mean return, and not just them being civilized, creepy bug people) would happen as a Skyrim DLC, as they live in Skyrim. This would likely be done by 'purification' by Auriel. While Gelebor did said that the Falmer would likely never regain their Snow Elf forms, and that could be intentional foreshadowing by Bethesda, the fan demand could make it happen. It would also mesh well as the Dragonborn could interact with Akatosh, the dragon god who governs the dragonborn.*

*For those who don't know: Auriel = Akatosh, I also didn't know this a month ago.

The return of the Dwemer is more tricky as their homelands are Skyrim, Morrowind, High Rock, and Hammerfell and all of these areas have had a TES game already, and are unlikely to be featured again for some time. So Skyrim DLC would be a good time for their return.

Hunfar

I swear I did not even see this when I posted my thread that's basically the same thing -___-

Jaeger

Well, the next Elder Scrolls will be on the xbox720 and ps4. I saw an abbreviated rumor of the 720 and it will be 5-6 times faster than the 360. I would like to be able to play in all of Tamriel, be able to start anywhere under different circumstances. From a neighboring fueding province of High Rock attacking other province and your dad says, "go son go, you're fleeing with your mom, she takes an arrow in the chest, etc" Giants laying siege to an Orc stronghold, you and some other orcs open the gates to fight mano-o-mano (or orco-o-orco no orco- o-gianto) and a boulder thrown by a giant crash nearby spraying shrapnel, hit you in the head, lay you out, left for dead, wake up, all orcs dead, you release a bellowing ARRRRRRR. A thief is in jail, with a hit to skills for being in jail, but in his nether regions he has a lock pick, one lock pick. He picks the adept lock, sneaks down the hallway, others might say, let me out, do you?, if you don't, do they call attention to the guards..., you use hand-to-hand against the guard and break out. Etc starts for all types of classes, good, evil, "neutral".

Want an AI that will hunt you down instead of going poor bilbo, oh well, back to the alchemy table.

Co-op for four players, human or AI (followers that you can lock weapons, armor, equipment).

You look like what you are carrying. If youre carrying 10 books; a leather strap is holding them together and youre carrying them over your shoulder. If youre carrying several swords; they all show on your toon. Magical bags of holding will come in handy. Can use rowboats, wagons, ships, etc. But, using a wagon is bandit bait.

Can have an alignment where you can join other factions (bandits, necro, vamp, etc). Can disguise alignment like to sneak into town. Play up the racism. Khajits players like the npcs can not enter nord cities unless they have really helped the local area nords and you're a good'un now.

Different armor on different parts and perks to take that into account.

There should be a way to ask for directions, or buy a town map. It seems ridiculous to spend hours wandering round a new town looking for a store, or a particular building. First thing I would do in real life is just ask the first person I see for directions.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
There should be a way to ask for directions, or buy a town map. It seems ridiculous to spend hours wandering round a new town looking for a store, or a particular building. First thing I would do in real life is just ask the first person I see for directions.
You are an adventurer, so you are supposed to wander around and explore everything not just go straight to where you are headed. It's like going the scenic way instead of the long way.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Could have sworn that headshots do more damage....
There are no location based modifiers for the damage system in Skyrim. It would be a nice feature to have though.

I would like to see a penalty system for food, water and sleep deprivation.

I wouldn't mind seeing spellcasting followers that will heal you and better follower AI in general.

I think cutscenes are a good idea too for all the reasons Skullrattla already mentioned. I also just like them. They give games a more cinematic feel.

You are an adventurer, so you are supposed to wander around and explore everything not just go straight to where you are headed. It's like going the scenic way instead of the long way.
Out in the wild, I agree. But in town it makes no sense. After all, if we are supposed to be so self-reliant, why is there a big arrow showing us which way to go.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Out in the wild, I agree. But in town it makes no sense. After all, if we are supposed to be so self-reliant, why is there a big arrow showing us which way to go.
If you have the big arrow why do you need a map of the town especially when the towns/cities are not that big.

Enderborn

It would be nice if it was like the thalmor were trying to take over the world. So you could have full open world experience( from hammer fell to morrorwind) and actually have a good boss fight. Alduin easy. The guy in oblivion easy. They did a good job with the wolf queen returns. Just needs to be in a bigger area and a bit harder. More uniqu items would be nice.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
You know what the next elder scrolls game needs ...

MORE COWBELL!!!!!!

thecelticlatino

01. Unarmed skill tree- (seriously, an updated patch with new unarmed kill cams and no skill tree?)
02. Spears/Polearms- (one of those weapons people really want but is never included)
03. Medium Armor- (Nice to have a middle balance)
04. Knight Orders- (Daggerfall made this interesting)
05. Patron Deities- (with in-game bonuses, similar to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning)
06. Branching Paths with the Main Quest and guilds
07. Merciful, non-lethal combat as an option
08. A new playable race (Snow Elf) or the inclusion of hybrids (Half-Elves and Half-Orcs)
09. Fewer but more meaningful companions and potential romance options
10. More attractive characters, or at least the option to create more attractive characters. The male Bosmer and Dunmer were absolutely hideous, the female Dunmer and Bretons were little better, and don't get me started on the male Nords
11. Your character's class, race and gender actually having an impact on dialogue and the story itself. I didn't like the whole 'any character can do anything' trope. High Elves should be built as pure mages, Redguards as warriors, and to be outside that build would be possible but would actually take work. Warriors shouldn't be allowed into Mage's Guilds, the Thalmor should only take in Altmer and Bosmer, Khajiit circles only fellow Khajiit...yes it kills players who only want one character but for the lore feeling more alive in the game it would be great
12. Your reputation and skills are what determines your quests. Merciful characters should be allowed to track single wanted criminals. Bounty hunters hired to kill. Thieves hired to steal from others. Assassins paid to eliminate rivals. Mages face other mages in random combat while Warriors are more likely to face a group of armed rogues.

Side note: They seriously need to have an up close option for the eye colors in character creation. That or do what Saints Row did and have a separate menu.

Hunfar

01. Unarmed skill tree- (seriously, an updated patch with new unarmed kill cams and no skill tree?)
02. Spears/Polearms- (one of those weapons people really want but is never included)
03. Medium Armor- (Nice to have a middle balance)
04. Knight Orders- (Daggerfall made this interesting)
05. Patron Deities- (with in-game bonuses, similar to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning)
06. Branching Paths with the Main Quest and guilds
07. Merciful, non-lethal combat as an option
08. A new playable race (Snow Elf) or the inclusion of hybrids (Half-Elves and Half-Orcs)
09. Fewer but more meaningful companions and potential romance options
10. More attractive characters, or at least the option to create more attractive characters. The male Bosmer and Dunmer were absolutely hideous, the female Dunmer and Bretons were little better, and don't get me started on the male Nords
11. Your character's class, race and gender actually having an impact on dialogue and the story itself. I didn't like the whole 'any character can do anything' trope. High Elves should be built as pure mages, Redguards as warriors, and to be outside that build would be possible but would actually take work. Warriors shouldn't be allowed into Mage's Guilds, the Thalmor should only take in Altmer and Bosmer, Khajiit circles only fellow Khajiit...yes it kills players who only want one character but for the lore feeling more alive in the game it would be great
12. Your reputation and skills are what determines your quests. Merciful characters should be allowed to track single wanted criminals. Bounty hunters hired to kill. Thieves hired to steal from others. Assassins paid to eliminate rivals. Mages face other mages in random combat while Warriors are more likely to face a group of armed rogues.

Side note: They seriously need to have an up close option for the eye colors in character creation. That or do what Saints Row did and have a separate menu.

Unarmed really should have been added as a skill, especially since they went through the trouble to make unarmed finish moves. #10 I agree with but I also think there should be unattractive characters too, like fat jolly types, short, tall, etc. Mainly to make the game feel more diverse and realistic. #11 I disagree with to an extent. Having a greater effect on dialogue sure, but Beth would never exclude races from the main story. I like the idea of characters being limited depending on race (at first.) A Nord would have to practice and learn magic and it would not always be reliable (spell like flames/heal would work then fail in combat) until you become a Novice. I don't see why Altmers should be pure mage though, I mean, they have arms so they can pick up and swing weapons.

The rest I pretty much agree with.

thecelticlatino

Unarmed really should have been added as a skill, especially since they went through the trouble to make unarmed finish moves. #10 I agree with but I also think there should be unattractive characters too, like fat jolly types, short, tall, etc. Mainly to make the game feel more diverse and realistic. #11 I disagree with to an extent. Having a greater effect on dialogue sure, but Beth would never exclude races from the main story. I like the idea of characters being limited depending on race (at first.) A Nord would have to practice and learn magic and it would not always be reliable (spell like flames/heal would work then fail in combat) until you become a Novice. I don't see why Altmers should be pure mage though, I mean, they have arms so they can pick up and swing weapons.

The rest I pretty much agree with.

I agree here. While I did say more attractive characters, I do think it should be a mixture too (the option to create fat, homely characters as well as having them as NPCs). I was only suggesting more attractive because in general most of the options, while improved from the likes of Oblivion, are still quite ugly for the most part. Ironically the Dunmer looked better in Oblivion. It was hard making a Nord male for the main campaign (and yes I'm going trope-y here, but that race/gender combo suits the MQ best imho) because of the rather unattractive options (I managed though).

I would never exclude a character from the main story, I was mainly speaking of side factions. But I also see where that could be a problem for many people too (and especially for those who want to do a career change, such as someone who plays a warrior but wants to be a mage with the same person late game). However I think with Knight Orders should come characters known for fighting honorably (such as having an established reputation/class requirement), higher levels of Mages Guild requires a certain skill in Magic. Basically the game should progress to your play style rather than be a limited, open sandbox. The Main Quest especially should be tailored to your character's class, including what enemies you face. Warriors should be battling big brutes, rogues the option of subterfuge and assassination to progress, basically more than one way to tackle quests.

As for abilities, I definitely think characters should be limited but with practice they can become anything. Such as Bretons and High Elves being suited for mages and having to work towards being warriors, and the same with Redguards and Nords having to work to become a mage (and so forth).

If I may make some additional suggestions:

01. Traps for ranger style characters. Non-lethal for those looking to bind or arrest someone (or just cause an annoyance for the laughs) and lethal for those who have it as their playstyle.

02. No psychic townfolk/guards. If someone sets up a flame trap and no one saw you place the trap, they shouldn't automatically know you did it.

03. No more children. They were an annoyance in Skyrim.

04. Consistent voice-acting.

regnier doom

My suggestion is this:
1.More evil options. Not everyone prefers to be good all the time.
2.Lots of new weapons like Spears, Flails/Chain maces (If you dont know what a Flail/Chain mace is then google it, cuz its hard to explain lol.) , Polearms, Claws (claws would be really good for asassinations and rouge style combat.)
3.More Races. ex. Goblin race. Demon race. Half Demon race. Dwarf race. Undead race. Minoutar race. Etc.
4.Pets. Like Tame Monsters that can help you in combat. That would be really cool.
5.More mounts. ex. Armored polar bears. Armored horses. Baby dragons. Etc.

Thats all i can think of, btw skyrim was great PLS BETHSEDA DONT flff ELDER SCROLLS 6 UP.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
-Useable horses with saddle bags, no kamikaze horses. Companions on horses, two can ride one horse.

Kamikaze horses...? Deep inside my brain, I want to get some C4 and strap it to Shadowmere and yell
"BANZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI".

In all seriousness, TES6 needs companions on horses and spears.

mamali

some famous actor voices like Liam neeson or garry oldman , something like that would be great

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts