Stupid Vilkas wont stop following me!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dan133444333

During the companions quests you are supposed to attack vilkas to show him if your worthy. After this is done he follows me everywhere and is always engaging me in dialog. I can't even fast travel because he is pursuing me. Thought it might be because of magic but I had no amulets rings or enchanted weapons equipped when it happened. I have an auto save right before I walk out side so its not too late. Please help.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Try to go talk to the old man and continue on with the quest.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Sounds like someone needs to be shouted off a cliff... lol

Titanburner

Premium Member
Did you attack him before he told you to? Or before you engaged him in conversation? If you have a autosave right before it happened id load it and try again.

dan133444333

Well that's the thing. I've tried attacking him right after he walks out the door and I've waited until after he attacks me first. I think I may just wait to do the companions until after the first update. Maybe it'll be fixed.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Hm try one more thing. Let him attack you and then run inside, if he follows you inside fight him there and if not run back outside and try to finish the fight. (Sometimes a nice game load fixes things right).

Me and my husband were taking turns playing the game. And if you lead Vilkas out of Whiterun, you can kill him with out receiving a bounty. But this can only be done when you finish with the quest for the Companions. Otherwise he will just harass you.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You must clear the bounty from your head in every city. Once that's done, Vilkas will stop following you :)
TITCR. Open your Pause or Journal window and select the General Stats file to see which cities have bounties against you and pay them off.

Also it could be worse. His brother could also be following you. Wolf boy love in stereo! :D

I bumped into the same problem recently. Looked up how to unglitch this. It said I could kill him and it quit. I tried that. It worked for a good while. I loote his wolf armor as well. Today I was going to wayward pass to get an amulet of arkay and you know who I see? Vilkas. Unkillable. I dunno what else to do. ;-;

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
During the companions quests you are supposed to attack vilkas to show him if your worthy. After this is done he follows me everywhere and is always engaging me in dialog. I can't even fast travel because he is pursuing me. Thought it might be because of magic but I had no amulets rings or enchanted weapons equipped when it happened. I have an auto save right before I walk out side so its not too late. Please help.
are yes that nord from that companions guild is quite the nuisance, I believe his brother also likes to follow for no reason, I believe lycanthropy has exhausted their pint-sized brains

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I bumped into the same problem recently. Looked up how to unglitch this. It said I could kill him and it quit. I tried that. It worked for a good while. I loote his wolf armor as well. Today I was going to wayward pass to get an amulet of arkay and you know who I see? Vilkas. Unkillable. I dunno what else to do. ;-;
I don't know where you read that solution but it's a horrible one. Did you try what was suggested in this thread? All of the members of the Circle have a generic guard faction assigned to them. Because it's generic instead of specific to a Hold, if you have an open bounty for a crime in any of the Holds, whenever you are near one of the members of the Circle they may pursue you like a guard. Because they have no guard dialogues all they will do is constantly follow you with their weapon drawn. Simply follow my post above to payoff your open bounties and they will stop following you.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
If you play on PC I shall include a resolve to this problem in my upcoming Mod and remove Farkas and Vilkas from the guard faction

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts