1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Stupid Vilkas wont stop following me!

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by dan133444333, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dan133444333

dan133444333 New Member

During the companions quests you are supposed to attack vilkas to show him if your worthy. After this is done he follows me everywhere and is always engaging me in dialog. I can't even fast travel because he is pursuing me. Thought it might be because of magic but I had no amulets rings or enchanted weapons equipped when it happened. I have an auto save right before I walk out side so its not too late. Please help.
  2. Titanburner

Titanburner Premium Member

Try to go talk to the old man and continue on with the quest.
  3. dan133444333

dan133444333 New Member

Tried. Even returned the shield but is still following.
  4. Titanburner

Sounds like someone needs to be shouted off a cliff... lol
  5. Titanburner

Did you attack him before he told you to? Or before you engaged him in conversation? If you have a autosave right before it happened id load it and try again.
  6. dan133444333

dan133444333 New Member

Well that's the thing. I've tried attacking him right after he walks out the door and I've waited until after he attacks me first. I think I may just wait to do the companions until after the first update. Maybe it'll be fixed.
  7. Titanburner

Hm try one more thing. Let him attack you and then run inside, if he follows you inside fight him there and if not run back outside and try to finish the fight. (Sometimes a nice game load fixes things right).
  8. Max Howell

Max Howell New Member

You must clear the bounty from your head in every city. Once that's done, Vilkas will stop following you :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nickkielette

Nickkielette Member

Me and my husband were taking turns playing the game. And if you lead Vilkas out of Whiterun, you can kill him with out receiving a bounty. But this can only be done when you finish with the quest for the Companions. Otherwise he will just harass you.
  10. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

TITCR. Open your Pause or Journal window and select the General Stats file to see which cities have bounties against you and pay them off.

Also it could be worse. His brother could also be following you. Wolf boy love in stereo! :D

11. JayTeeRocks900

JayTeeRocks900 Member

I bumped into the same problem recently. Looked up how to unglitch this. It said I could kill him and it quit. I tried that. It worked for a good while. I loote his wolf armor as well. Today I was going to wayward pass to get an amulet of arkay and you know who I see? Vilkas. Unkillable. I dunno what else to do. ;-;
  12. tx12001

tx12001 Both the Living and the Unliving shall Bow!

are yes that nord from that companions guild is quite the nuisance, I believe his brother also likes to follow for no reason, I believe lycanthropy has exhausted their pint-sized brains
  13. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

I don't know where you read that solution but it's a horrible one. Did you try what was suggested in this thread? All of the members of the Circle have a generic guard faction assigned to them. Because it's generic instead of specific to a Hold, if you have an open bounty for a crime in any of the Holds, whenever you are near one of the members of the Circle they may pursue you like a guard. Because they have no guard dialogues all they will do is constantly follow you with their weapon drawn. Simply follow my post above to payoff your open bounties and they will stop following you.
  14. tx12001

tx12001 Both the Living and the Unliving shall Bow!

If you play on PC I shall include a resolve to this problem in my upcoming Mod and remove Farkas and Vilkas from the guard faction