Stuck on "The Fallen"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AshaSteel

I've gotten stuck on The Fallen quest. I didn't do any of the quests with the Stormcloaks or Imperials prior to getting this far in the game, because I was hoping to stay neutral at least until I could decide which side I favored. When I went to talk to Arngeir about the truce, he told me to go talk to Ulfric and Tullius.

The problem is the quest won't advance past him. It just keeps telling me to talk to Arngeir. I completed the first couple quests for Ulfric (killed the Ice Wraith, took the oath, brought him the Jagged Crown) since then, hoping that would help. Now Ulfric wants me to deliver his axe to Jarl Balgruuff the Great, but the quest isn't showing up and I don't seem to have the axe in my possession.

How do I move past this point? Should I just go back to the save point before I talked to Arngeir and do the Stormcloak quests first? I'd rather not have to because I've done a lot since then and it's a lot of hours to lose.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You should have another quest in your journal called Season Unending. Is that the quest in your journal that still says Talk to Arngeir? Wasn't there any dialogue option for Ulftic for a peace conference?

In theory you should be able to continue the quest by completing the Stormcloak questline first (or the Imperial one) because it should eliminate the need for any peace conference.

AshaSteel

Season Unending hasn't shown up yet either. It's The Fallen and it says "Get Greybeards' help in negotiating the truce." I figured I would just continue with the Stormcloaks quests to see if it would get unstuck, but now Message to Whiterun isn't starting and that's the next one.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Season Unending doesn't replace The Fallen in your quest journal, The Fallen stays in your journal with that journal entry until you complete Season Unending. Didn't Ulfric have a dialogue option about meeting to negotiate a truce when you spoke with him?

Is your game fully updated? Up until update 1.4 having Message to Whiterun and Season Unending running at the same time would break your saved game.

AshaSteel

I went through all of Ulfric's dialogue options and none of them had anything to do with the truce.

The game should be fully updated. I use Steam and it's set to update automatically.

AshaSteel

I really needed to have a Skyrim night, so I decided to try loading a save from before I talked to the Jarl of Whiterun about using Dragonreach to capture a dragon. Then I went to do the first two Stormcloak quests and tried again. Went to talk to Arngeir about the peace treaty, crossed my fingers and...didn't help in the least. The quest keeps telling me I need to talk to him, when he already told me to talk to Ulfric and Tullius.

Mugtarib

I've been trying to solve this for hours.

Did anyone figure it out?

I don't have any saves before the first battle with Alduin.
I've never spoken to Ulfric or Tulius, but now can't trigger their respective civil war quests or deliver the Greybeard's offer for peace talks.
I've talked to everyone in a variety of orders, and I'm really out of ideas.

Thanks team.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts