1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Stuck in Command Mode (ps3)

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by MeekyKidd, Dec 28, 2011.

1. MeekyKidd New Member

Message Count:
    Well my companion Lydia got stuck when i was going to kill the icewraith thing to join stormcloaks.
    I killed it and fast traveled. I then lost lydia after 3 days but i'm still stuck in command mode and cannot open any doors at all or interact using 'X' please help me get out of this.
  2. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    hey the exact same thing happened to me. Did you figure out how to fix it?
  3. Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Message Count:
    Command mode? Im on the PS3 as well and never heard of Command mode.
  4. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    its when you have a follower and you are commanding them to go places. The person that was following me ended up going through a door into a mine or something, and I can't open doors when im in command mode so I couldnt follow him in. So he was stuck in there and Im stuck in command mode still. So I can't open doors or pick up anything. I even tried waiting a couple days (skyrim days) and it said my follower got tired of waiting for me so they left...But im still in command mode.
  5. Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Message Count:
    Try pressing Circle (O) or holding (X). This usually takes you out of command mode.
  6. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah I know pressing "O" takes you out of command mode when the person is with you, but this guy's gone lol. I tried every button. Really pissing me off
  7. Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Message Count:
    Turn off your PS3 if you can't go to the start menu to load a save. Turn it back on and load from an autosave and see if that works.
  8. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah I was going to try that too but all 3 of my autosaves are from points after this happened. thanks for the advice though
  9. icecoldyeti Member

Message Count:
    having the same problem did you figure out how to solve itstuck in command mode can't pick up anything open any doors stuck with serana in the soul cairn and can't talk to valerica serana keeps attacking her what do I do
  10. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    I had to start a new game, which was annoying but didn't end up being too big of a deal after a few hours. Your situation might be different though, might not have to start a new game. Is Serana your follower? If so, can you see her?
  11. icecoldyeti Member

Message Count:
    Yes i can see her and im stuck in some dead world so i cant leave or advance i really would hate to have to start over im level 52
  12. trifire14 New Member

Message Count:
    what options does it give you when you look at her?