Stormcloak quest line bug (360)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neuromancer

Help!!! I have what appears to be a potentially game breaking glitch in the Stormcloak quest line. I searched but didn't find any with the same exact issue. There may be mild spoilers but I will try not to give any more details as is necessary.

The quest is called Liberation of Skyrim and my current task is Liberate Haafingar. I'm in the camp trying to talk to Galmar and he keeps repeating the same line of dialogue, and there's always an arrow above his head, and the quest doesn't progress. I've tried reloading my latest save but this happens every time it seems. Has anyone else had or heard of this?

Also of note, the battle music keeps playing over and over again. Even when I fast travel somewhere else.

I reloaded an earlier save and the battle music was gone. I did the Liberate Haafingar task but with the same exact result. Galmor still wasnt helping me so went to Ulric Storkcloak who said I had to go buy a house in Windhelm but no tasking ever popped up in the journal for that.

Then an arrow marker appeared for that quest near the East Empire Company Warehouse so I went there to check it out. I get there, battle music starts playing (and never stops). Suddenly it gives me credit for having done part of that quest.

I only have two saves, one before the Hraggstad task, and one just after. Both seem to have the same glitches. I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
This is interesting, I haven't started the StormCloak Quest line yet but being a 360 player I'll go do the whole Quest line to see if it happens to me.

BarnabySwag

I'm having the same problem. I just created this account for this one glitch. this isnt the first time galmar stone-fist has gaven me trouble.. earlier in the previous stormcloak quests, the same kind of thing was happening. he wouldnt give me the dialogue option to say "reporting in". i tried everything, waited, fast traveled out and back in, tried killing everyone at the camp. tried talking to him when he was in different positions, leaning on table, etc. i eventually got it the dialogue option but this one has me stuck, my quest mission is to liberate haafingar, with the arrow pointed on galmar. i dont know what to do, we cant be the only people its happening to, anyone else? any feedback? how they fixed it maybe?

Miradwyn

My quest to talk to Ulfric Stormcloak to receive orders completed as soon as I entered Solitude but I hadn't talked to him and didn't get any orders. Quest markers pointed to Galmar at the Stormcloak camp but he wouldn't talk to me. Eventually, I returned to the fight in Solitude where an endless number of Imperials are attacking you and stumbled accidently onto the conclusion to the quest. When I entered Castle Dour Ulfric and Galmar followed me where they started a dialog with the Legate and General. I killed them both and the siege ended, quest to Liberate Haafingar complete once I went outside to listen to Ulfric's speech. I hope that will help you. It was driving me crazy.

Tidimus

I can't get to that point. I'm on the last tower part of the quest and boom! The stormcloak soldiers won't show up, though the arrow goes away and the enemies don't show up. It happened on the tower quest before this one and everyone said not to fast travel there. That worked, but it's not working on this one. This sucks :sadface:

andrea

I have an xbox360 and I completed the stormcloak quests. try to wait a couple of hours (in-game) and try again, if he keeps saying the same lines quit the dialog with B and try again right after, this is how I did it

Jojobinks70

I had the same problem, in regards to "Ulric's orders" quest completing before I even got there. So I took a different approach, instead of approaching from the East Empire Company Warehouse, I came down from the Thalmor Embassy and got there just in time to hear Ulric's speech and subsequent charge into Solitude. Followed and ended battled to the end of the Liberation story line. Hope this helps.

Galmar Stone-Fist

Stormcloak General
Why there was an arrow above my head is because i'm lifting it with my mind. And why i was repeating... i hit the mead that night:beermug::confused:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts