• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
yes there is don't mean he likes them he was working for her in stonehills so his choice was to either serve her or starve hell they wont even let argonians into windhelm and what redguard in markarth?

The Imperials don't let the Argonians inside either. They have racial problems with the Dunmer in Windhelm also, what about how a Dunmer made an Argonian go without food for two days.

Yet the Stormcloaks are the racists?

The Redguard from Markarth, scroll down to conversations. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adara

Her son Cade.

He doesn't like them? Yet he mentions the warmth of Stonehills.

Before we go on about Stormcloaks and Argonians, lets take a look at Solitude. "Filthy Argonian never would have set foot in this city, if High King Torygg was still alive. I can tell you that."

Never understood the Redguaed thing, I thought the imperial farmer was a random encounter, which means it might not mean anything.

It's still accepted.

J

Jeremius

yes there is don't mean he likes them he was working for her in stonehills so his choice was to either serve her or starve hell they wont even let argonians into windhelm and what redguard in markarth?

The Imperials don't let the Argonians inside either. They have racial problems with the Dunmer in Windhelm also, what about how a Dunmer made an Argonian go without food for two days.

Yet the Stormcloaks are the racists?

The Redguard from Markarth, scroll down to conversations. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adara

Her son Cade.

He doesn't like them? Yet he mentions the warmth of Stonehills.

Before we go on about Stormcloaks and Argonians, lets take a look at Solitude. "Filthy Argonian never would have set foot in this city, if High King Torygg was still alive. I can tell you that."

Never understood the Redguaed thing, I thought the imperial farmer was a random encounter, which means it might not mean anything.

It's still accepted.

Might not happen, so I do not care about it.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I think it's pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

Global warming.

What is next? Stormcloaks are to blame for ethnic purges in Valenwood committed by the Thalmor. :p
YES! YES! Stormcloaks make GREAT scapegoats! Of course, we'll have to completely rewrite all the lore, but it seems like a small price to pay... :)

Daelon DuLac

While I do see what you are saying, the Civil War would not be the problem it is without Ulfric and his Stormcloaks.

Everything was mostly peaceful in Skyrim until the Stormcloaks have "had enough" The Thalmor were falling behind thanks to the Empire crushing their Cyrodiil army, leaving no reinforcements for Hammerfell, so Ulfric killing the High King is more of a benefit to the thalmor than the Empire following a stupid treaty that the Empire is already prepared for a break in.

The Empire is doing nothing. They're unwilling or unable to make any move, still doing what the Thalmor ask. Ulfric Stormcloak is willing to act, do what is needed to help his people, and that is more than the Empire is doing.

The Empire following a treaty is a great benefit to the Thalmor, it allows the Thalmor to walk around with free-reigns. It gives the Thalmor the ability to slowly poison the minds of nobles who do truly run the Empire.

And the Civil War allows the Free-reign in Skyrim because it showed that the Empire was allowing the Nords to worship Talos. See the problem?

Talos is the GOD of the EMPIRE and HUMANITY, not the NORDS.
Talos is yet another delusional "Man made God" story. In my philosophy that's the ultimate hubris perpetuated by Humankind. I just hope the Aedra and Daedra stop fighting long enough to show the Human's just how wrong their humanocentric point of view is.

J

Jeremius

Talos is yet another delusional "Man made God" story. In my philosophy that's the ultimate hubris perpetuated by Humankind. I just hope the Aedra and Daedra stop fighting long enough to show the Human's just how wrong their humanocentric point of view is.

This I can actually agree with, as most of my characters do not even worship Talos.

Daelon DuLac

This I can actually agree with, as most of my characters do not even worship Talos.
Although, ya gotta admit that the shout cool-down reduction from the shrines and amulets comes in handy sometimes. :)

J

Jeremius

Although, ya gotta admit that the shout cool-down reduction from the shrines and amulets comes in handy sometimes. :)

I hardly use shouts, and face dragons with magic or arrows/bolts.

Daelon DuLac

J

Jeremius

Dram

the Dunmer
They are not hypocrites, just too blind to the see the hand that the Thalmor have in their little rebellion.

What I find amusing, is how people speak of the 'hand of the Thalmor' in their little rebellion - when the entire Empire is basically run by the Thalmor. The Civil War might be of use to the AD, but it is especially the obedience of the Empire that makes things easy for them.

Dram

the Dunmer

You actually show evidence here of Talos being a divine...

See; if I'd create a shrine for the holy tea pot, I wonder anyone would benefit from it. Would praying to the shrine cure diseases or grant temporary effects? Would the amulet dedicated to the tea pot have a function? I bet not. What happens to you when activating shrines or wearing amulets, is divine power. That is what separates shrines from regular statues.

The reduced time between shouts... The curing of diseases...
All of it shows that Talos actually is divine.

Oh, and also:
3ivvf.jpg

J

Jeremius

They are not hypocrites, just too blind to the see the hand that the Thalmor have in their little rebellion.

What I find amusing, is how people speak of the 'hand of the Thalmor' in their little rebellion - when the entire Empire is basically run by the Thalmor. The Civil War might be of use to the AD, but it is especially the obedience of the Empire that makes things easy for them.

The thalmor need the Civil War more than they need an obedient Empire right now, considering they are 5-6 years behind in rebuilding for the next great war.

Still, I do not care for the Civil War one way or the other.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
The thalmor need the Civil War more than they need an obedient Empire right now, considering they are 5-6 years behind in rebuilding for the next great war.

The Thalmor look towards the long run, the Empire isn't making any suggestion they'd invade. The Thalmor are making intentions known they're going to invade the Empire again, the Imperials may not be the aggressor.

J

Jeremius

The Thalmor look towards the long run, the Empire isn't making any suggestion they'd invade. The Thalmor are making intentions known they're going to invade the Empire again, the Imperials may not be the aggressor.

In order to be the aggressor, one needs men, armor, weapons. none of that comes cheap, and that Thalmor are getting desparate, capturing a smith to make Stalhrim equipment for them.

The Empire, they do not need to capture anything, or launch a rebellion to distract.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
In order to be the aggressor, one needs men, armor, weapons. none of that comes cheap, and that Thalmor are getting desparate, capturing a smith to make Stalhrim equipment for them.

The Empire, they do not need to capture anything, or launch a rebellion to distract.

No, they're buying poor quality weapons and armor from Black Marsh, except they're stupid and pay a fortune for it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts