• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I find it funny that that the storm cloaks get their panties in bunch over no getting to worship there god (talos) they do the same thing to a people they have oppressed and killed for over centuries.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Care to elaborate?

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
I find it funny that that the storm cloaks get their panties in bunch over no getting to worship there god (talos) they do the same thing to a people they have oppressed and killed for over centuries.

Stormcloaks were only founded years ago. How did they oppress people for centuries? Whatever oppression you're thinking of. It was occuring under the Empire.

I'll take a guess, and assume you're talking about the Forsworn/Reachmen? They've been against the Empire for thousands of years, going back to when Empress Hestra came riding to war from the South in the First Era/First Empire. Sacking native Reachman Kingdom, after Kingdom. Forcing their surrender or slaughtering them on the battlefield.

Pressing on, they conmune with Daedra and commit blood sacrifices. Which is the 'Old Ways' for them, not surprising the Empire would put an end to blood sacrificing and try convert them over to the Eight, Nine, then Eight (Again). The Reachmen also sided with Molag Bal during the Alliance Wars, thus opposed to every nation.

Which raises the question, how are Stormcloaks hypocrites in this matter?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Stormcloaks were only founded years ago. How did they oppress people for centuries?
I think it's pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

Global warming.

J

Jeremius

They are not hypocrites, just too blind to the see the hand that the Thalmor have in their little rebellion.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
Except they're not hypocrites, the banning of Talos was just the final straw, not the entire rebellion. Nords have wanted to leave the Empire even before the Great War, the banning of Talos only made the desire stronger.

To warship an ungod is blasphamy. The elves are just butthurt about loosing a war. Sothe stormclokes are
The stormclokes are worshipping an ungod wich is indeed blasphamy. But the elves are buthurt from war so mingling in skyrims peoples affairs is like gone fishing for trouble. Stormclokes are hypocritical because they are not fighting elve in my opinion. At least they wont stand for tyranny tho. So imperials are milk drinking diplomats instead of worriors. And so the political age begins :sadface:

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

To warship an ungod is blasphamy. The elves are just butthurt about loosing a war. Sothe stormclokes are
The stormclokes are worshipping an ungod wich is indeed blasphamy. But the elves are buthurt from war so mingling in skyrims peoples affairs is like gone fishing for trouble. Stormclokes are hypocritical because they are not fighting elve in my opinion. At least they wont stand for tyranny tho. So imperials are milk drinking diplomats instead of worriors. And so the political age begins :sadface:

He is a God. That is established throughout the game and you can read it for yourself on several lore websites.

The shrine dedicated to him has an effect on you when activating it. If he wouldn't be a God, that shrine would be useless. The same thing goes for the Talos amulets, which reduces the time between shouts with 20%. All of that wouldn't work without Talos being an actual divine.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The forsworn follow a system of Beliefs known as the Old ways where they believe their are no Gods just lesser and greater spirits and the belief in those Spirits is what makes them seem like gods perhaps they are right and who says they are the only ones who can give blessings in Oblivon there is a cottage in the woods where a man lives and he sends you on a guest to kill the goblins that killed wife and if you pray at his wife's grave she will give you a blessing so being able to bless people is not just a divine ability perhaps the forsworn are on to something.

J

Jeremius

Except they're not hypocrites, the banning of Talos was just the final straw, not the entire rebellion. Nords have wanted to leave the Empire even before the Great War, the banning of Talos only made the desire stronger.

And Half of Skyrim wants to remain apart of the Empire. I say the Stormcloaks are just blind.

J

Jeremius

And Half of Skyrim wants to remain apart of the Empire. I say the Stormcloaks are just blind.

Why are the Stormcloaks blind? Perhaps it is the half that wishes to remain part of the Empire, that is blind.

If it was not for the Stormcloaks doing what the Thalmor wanted, which is for the nords to have a Civil War, The Empire would not be fighting one. ;)

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
If it was not for the Stormcloaks doing what the Thalmor wanted, which is for the nords to have a Civil War, The Empire would not be fighting one. ;)

Well if the Empire acted over one hundred years ago, on the advice of the Blades and Penitus Oculatus... There wouldn't be a Thalmor. Oh, but I forgot the Elder Council is easily bought.

If you can't see the Empire doing what the Thalmor want, you're not looking. First Hammerfell, then the Talos ban, everything the Thalmor want.

J

Jeremius

Well if the Empire acted over one hundred years ago, on the advice of the Blades and Penitus Oculatus... There wouldn't be a Thalmor. Oh, but I forgot the Elder Council is easily bought.

If you can't see the Empire doing what the Thalmor want, you're not looking. First Hammerfell, then the Talos ban, everything the Thalmor want.

While I do see what you are saying, the Civil War would not be the problem it is without Ulfric and his Stormcloaks.

Everything was mostly peaceful in Skyrim until the Stormcloaks have "had enough" The Thalmor were falling behind thanks to the Empire crushing their Cyrodiil army, leaving no reinforcements for Hammerfell, so Ulfric killing the High King is more of a benefit to the thalmor than the Empire following a stupid treaty that the Empire is already prepared for a break in.

Jorrvaskr

Ulfgar Bear-Arm
While I do see what you are saying, the Civil War would not be the problem it is without Ulfric and his Stormcloaks.

Everything was mostly peaceful in Skyrim until the Stormcloaks have "had enough" The Thalmor were falling behind thanks to the Empire crushing their Cyrodiil army, leaving no reinforcements for Hammerfell, so Ulfric killing the High King is more of a benefit to the thalmor than the Empire following a stupid treaty that the Empire is already prepared for a break in.

The Empire is doing nothing. They're unwilling or unable to make any move, still doing what the Thalmor ask. Ulfric Stormcloak is willing to act, do what is needed to help his people, and that is more than the Empire is doing.

The Empire following a treaty is a great benefit to the Thalmor, it allows the Thalmor to walk around with free-reigns. It gives the Thalmor the ability to slowly poison the minds of nobles who do truly run the Empire.

J

Jeremius

The Empire is doing nothing. They're unwilling or unable to make any move, still doing what the Thalmor ask. Ulfric Stormcloak is willing to act, do what is needed to help his people, and that is more than the Empire is doing.

The Empire following a treaty is a great benefit to the Thalmor, it allows the Thalmor to walk around with free-reigns. It gives the Thalmor the ability to slowly poison the minds of nobles who do truly run the Empire.

And the Civil War allows the Free-reign in Skyrim because it showed that the Empire was allowing the Nords to worship Talos. See the problem?

Talos is the GOD of the EMPIRE and HUMANITY, not the NORDS.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts