Storm Call Shout kills followers?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
I summoned the storm call ability and each time I have, my follower Lydia died from it.

Is anyone else having this happen to you? If so, that really...really sucks..because this shout so cool, it would be a shame for me to walk around Skyrim by myself :p.

swanqueen

Yes, it killed my follower too. I think it's indiscriminate. Use it when you want to kill a crowd and you don't have a follower. Like if you come upon a fort of enemies.

FenrirofSatan

TheMan TheMyth TheLegend
Yeah makes sense then...that sucks though, because that shout can potentially be very useful.

SaveVsBedWet

Funny how the second something happens to me, I find out on here that someone else is also complaining about it.

Yes it is indiscriminate. I found that out the other night when I used it against a giant and after it was dead, the storm kept going and my housecarl Jordis kept on riding the lightning screaming "YOU'RE PUSHING IT!" and "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" while doubled over and lit up like a Christmas tree. Awkward...

Willy McCoy

shouts are cool, but you don't need them for anything except one quest. there is one quest that you have to clear some bad weather for. other than that, all you need is a fish hatchery! there is no shout by anyone that can defeat me! There is none that can withstand my attack! You too can become all powerful, however, I warn you. the game becomes a lot less interesting when you can't die, when all enemies crumble at your feet, when you require no health or stamina, when your carry weight is endless! when you have to sell jewelry for money because NO ONE can afford the weapons and armor you forge!

Willy McCoy

oh yeah, and you have to use one shout for the myrak dragon, other than that, shouts are useless compared to good weapons

sticky runes

I only used it once with a follower, and Ghorbash the Ironhand got pissed off and started attacking me. I then realised its not a good shout to use with followers. But then if you have a powerful ally fighting alongside you, you shouldn't really need to summon a lethal thunderstorm as well. Best used in isolated locales when you are alone surrounded by enemies. Or if you are playing as somebody who doesn't really care about hurting non-enemies so that if they get harmed by your devastating powers while following you, its their problem not yours.

Pete

If you do the dragon born DLC, one of the perks from the black books is your attacks and shouts will never hurt your allies.

Knowhere man

I used to give my followers Resist Magic/Shock equipment once I got my enchanting up, on the 360 and PS3. The "Fortify Restoration glitch", is quite handy to craft 100%+ protection gear. Nearest thing to mods on those consoles. Also, some followers, like Mjoll and Serana are essential, and cannot be killed by the lightning. Might get angry at you, though. On some occasions I got to regret giving my followers mastercrafted weapons enchanted with Chaos and Shock..

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts