• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AryoAsh

Okay I asked a question similar to this a while ago, but I had some of the details backwards. And this situation is different. I went to Morthal to talk to Lani at "The Thaurgesit Hut"(I know I spelled that wrong.) Well I kept noticing she was never there and the door stays unlocked at night.

Well I finally leave and I see her dead body by the bridge in Morthal. It was where if you fast travel to Morthal, and run straight ahead and hit a bridge, that's where she was lying dead. There were no fights, no dragon attacks. She was just dead. So I just left her because I heard other people, like relatives, could take over the shops.

I waited a week, in real life time, not video game fast play time, haha. But the store was never reopened. So I went and grabbed the key to the store, off Lani's body, and then placed it on a random lady walking by. Hoping that might get something going. But no go.

So my question is does anyone know how to get a store reopened? If I try getting the key back and putting it on someone else, maybe less lazy, haha. Could that make a difference?

Adam Warlock

Some locations have NPC who will replace the primary vendor and some don`t.
I don`t think Lami`s husband Jorgen will run the store since he already works at the lumber mill.
You could be out of luck in Morthal except for stealing from the unattended store.

Adam Warlock

Some locations have NPC who will replace the primary vendor and some don`t.
I don`t think Lami`s husband Jorgen will run the store since he already works at the lumber mill.
You could be out of luck in Morthal except for stealing from the unattended store.
The market square in my Solitude has Addvar`s wife as his replacement selling fish and such , but Etienne San`s wine stall has remained closed since her death.

Necromis

If on the PC you might have to bring her back to life using the console commands. However, some shops are wonderful free pickings if you leave the store owner dead. Just come back after it refreshes and go thru the pickings again.

perkecet

ive had lami die as well. in my game the jarl's daughter, *jarls name* the younger, "took over" the store. she would stand behind the counter from 8 til 8 but had no barter dialogue option. it seems like you're out of luck, just clean the place out and be done with it.

cerulean.deity

ive had lami die as well. in my game the jarl's daughter, *jarls name* the younger, "took over" the store. she would stand behind the counter from 8 til 8 but had no barter dialogue option. it seems like you're out of luck, just clean the place out and be done with it.

I had this exact same issue today. I didn't even know where lami was but she was dead. The jarl's daughter was in the store telling me I was trespassing..

I don't know if you guys play on PC but you can fix it with console commands if you do. At first I tried resurrecting lami and bringing her back in the store but the game would crash. Apparently it was crashing because Idgrod the Younger had become 'attached' to the store as the shopkeeper.

To fix this:

1. While in the shop, kill Idgrod
2. Use the console to target lami by typing "prid 0001aa61" and hitting enter
3. Type "moveto player" and hit enter
4. Type "resurrect" and hit enter
5. Close the console. Lami will now be in the store, but she will also tell you that you're trespassing
6. Quickly leave the store.
7. Reenter the store and the shop will go back to normal, and Lami will once again be the shopkeeper.
8. Open the console, target Idgrod, then type and enter "resurrect" to bring Idgrod back to life with her original AI before she 'took over' the store.

Voila

JClarke1953

The hassle I have is when I go looking for "important" NPC's as a Dawnguard (my char is a Vampire Lord). They are getting scarcer to find, as some were killed in the War, and some by rogue Vampire's. but, I play on a 360, so writing in code's isn't an option. I'll just have to find a less important NPC to place Vampirism on.

sticky runes

this happened to me, but it wasn't the shopkeeper lady, it was the guy who was supposed to be protecting Alba's house. I think he might have been killed by a mudcrab, because there was a dead body of a mudcrab nearby, probably killed by a guard afterwards. Never seen any chaurus around that area, though. Is that something that occurs when you reach higher levels, or just very rare?

JClarke1953

Seems to be getting worse the higher in lvl I get, especially with repeats from the Night Mother and from the Castle, not to mention the Thieves Guild. Seems to be getting like WoW, farming for gold, just in a different way. Only thing different I ran into by accident was doing a Bedlam job in Markarth. I went into the Hall of the Dead, and went into the ruins by a different route, just being curious. A "mission" in there to find journal's of previous explorer's, full of Falmer's and spider's.

Thing is, if this is heading into another "farming" thing, well, I hope Bethesda is working on something. It's why I quit WoW, there was nothing much left but to farm for gold, and to increase abilities etc. Whoop-de-doo!

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Last new game I started as soon as I first reached Riverwood after escaping Helgan I found Faendal laying dead on the main street.

sticky runes

Every time I've travelled to Morthal with a new character for the first time since then, I've always scoured the area for enemies, in case a villager gets picked off, but if its gonna happen its gonna happen :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts