Stonghold 2: Skyrim Edition

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tyer032392

Just wondering if anyone has played Stronghold 2 by Firefly Studios. If so, have you recreated any of the cities from Skyrim using the Stronghold 2 engine? If so, are they the major provincial capitals, or the small hamlets and villages? I myself am going to try and recreate Whiterun with Stronghold 2.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I wish you luck. I love Stronghold! The map editors are usually my favorite aspect. Stronghold Crusaders Extreme is my favorite edition though, with Stronghold Legends a close second. Stronghold 2 was just meh compared to the others, but still on awesome game! I wish you luck. And to answer your question, no I have not.

Tyer032392

Trying it on the Stronghold 2 engine, and the graphical glare is terrible, to the point of giving me a migraine. Guess I'll try and adjust the graphical effects a little bit to see if that helps, if not, I guess I can always try Stronghold and or Stronghold 3.

Staff member
Stronghold Legends is probably best for a Skyrim type environment

Tyer032392

In some ways I agree, but in terms of a siege, I think 2 is much better, granted I have completely forgotten the castle defenses that someone could have.

Staff member

In some ways I agree, but in terms of a siege, I think 2 is much better, granted I have completely forgotten the castle defenses that someone could have.
Are you joking? The castle defenses in Stronghold 2 are no closer because there are NO castle defenses in the Skyrim game except for archers and soldiers, maybe some barricades and catapults.

Staff member

Are you joking? The castle defenses in Stronghold 2 are no closer because there are NO castle defenses in the Skyrim game except for archers and soldiers, maybe some barricades and catapults.
But in terms of a siege, I'm not so sure. Stronghold Crusaders was always my favorite and the best imo.

Tyer032392

The province capitals of Whiterun, Solitude, and Windhelm all have wall defenses, granted Whiterun's are run down to the point of non-existence. If you take a look at Whiterun, you'll notice the bases of crumbled towers, the sections of walls that are still in order with their parapets at the top, and the various gatehouses including the drawbridge. Those are the defenses that I am talking about.

The solders and archers are the "defenders", not the defenses

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Whiterun_(Skyrim)?file=Whiterunmapkey_03.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts