Steam integration not working

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I noticed that it's been saying 'Invalid profile data' on my steam integrated thing for a while for some reason. I am purrity sure my steam profile is valid. I don't really mind much but I thought I'd mention that.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I just noticed someone else with a "302" server error in their Steam profile. I wonder if Steam itself changed something with how it serves the info.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I've done a little more research on this. It looks like other forums are also having difficulty with the Steam Integration. We may need to wait for an update to the addon if Steam did indeed change something on their end.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Ahh I see. I think this started happening ever since they did something to steam or steamcommunity few days ago. I guess there are some adjustments to be made on whatever changed on that day.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Apparently so. I'm not sure if it's something we can hack to get to work or if we have to wait for the add on developer to work it out. The latter would certainly be preferred. I'll keep checking the XenForo boards to see if there's any new news about it.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
There will be an update for this addon quite soon, most probably in the next few days so I hope you can hold on until then. :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
haha now it says 'This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.' even though I clearly have one. It says 'Unknown Steam profile' when I try to reintegrate. Is my steam account that elusive?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's not you at all. It's Steam. I've been watching the add-on thread waiting for an update. Steam changed the way they serve out the information and we have to wait for the add-on to be updated. I'm glad at least -something- has changed. I'll go look today to see if there's been any progress with this.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It's odd, I've already updated this addon but I'm not sure if it fixed it. It's displaying properly for some people though - maybe try relinking it?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Nope. It's the same crap haha. It says unknown Steam Account when I try to associate it even though clicking on it leads me to my right profile page. I haven't seen other people having this problem though. Is it only me? :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts