Stealth, Thievery, Assassination: A look at being silent and unseen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
bump

NordWarrior5

Master Assassin
What you do is you cast a rune on a wall, wait for your enemy to pass then shoot it with an arrow. it also helps if you don't have quiet casting then they will be more attracted to the rune

Squirrel_killer-

What you do is you cast a rune on a wall, wait for your enemy to pass then shoot it with an arrow. it also helps if you don't have quiet casting then they will be more attracted to the rune
When I have some free time to play and such I'll test that out, and then add it to the guide.

Jei El

We will be avenged.
Well, they have good advantages to being stealthy and unseen. And if they're caught they can use histskin or whatever it's called to regenerate health.

~Shadow

I just stick with cicero's hat, cicero's armor, ancient shrouded gloves and Linwe's boots :D

Tayal

Master Assassin
this thread hasn't been updated in a while im worried :sadface:

k1ng_w0rri3r

Very nice guide! I know i'm a bit late late in replying to this but I found it really helpful and just wanted to say thanks. I've just started a thief character, less of an assassin, and this has been invaluable :D

Squirrel_killer-

When I come back and see this still gets some love I feel very proud of my work. I am sorry I haven't updated this thread or guide but life has been in the way. I thank you all for your support even so long after this guide was written.

web

I, personally took to the stealthily dungeon approach immediately after getting Skyrim, however, I've always had trouble with dealing with outside "raids" where I'm trying to kill someone or rescue someone in the middle of a fortress.(All combat is outside). I end up just transforming into a vampire lord and massacre everyone. I'd appreciate some tips regarding large scale lethal stealth approaches.

Some ideas of my own,
Try to kill enemies from back to front, guards wont be looking for threats in their own base (mostly)
Use your best ranged option for 1hits against weaker foes, so you don't get swarmed if your cover is blown.
Have a (as you said) good exit plan.
Aswell as other specific things, I will be testing my ideas for myself as I explore the world of Tamriel, but please share your knowledge with me.

Also, I think you should detail the details of invisibility, like how if you run into an enemy accidentally they can see you, even though you're invisible. and how if you do certain actions you lose your invisibility.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts