Stealth, Thievery, Assassination: A look at being silent and unseen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

kcen orez

I have one other question - I broke into warmaiden's around 3 or 4 in the morning, stole some stuff downstairs, then went up to the bedroom that the blacksmith shares with the guy who runs the shop. I unlocked the jewelry box or whatever it is, stole what was in it, then went to check their bedside table when the warmaiden lady woke up and noticed me there - i dont know if i was detected or if she was just looking for me, and i ran out of there, jumped to the first floor, and left.

Anyway - she didnt chase me out, and i went back the next day and talked to her and everything was cool - did i just get out in time?

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I have one other question - I broke into warmaiden's around 3 or 4 in the morning, stole some stuff downstairs, then went up to the bedroom that the blacksmith shares with the guy who runs the shop. I unlocked the jewelry box or whatever it is, stole what was in it, then went to check their bedside table when the warmaiden lady woke up and noticed me there - i dont know if i was detected or if she was just looking for me, and i ran out of there, jumped to the first floor, and left.

Anyway - she didnt chase me out, and i went back the next day and talked to her and everything was cool - did i just get out in time?
She didn't witness any crimes it seems and you seemed to have escaped in time unless you got a bounty.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
On PC you have to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out
Great Guide by the way! I love Stealth Chars, and haven't been able to get the hang of a warrior/mage

Vendri

Great guide! I am new to Skyrim, but like in TES 3 and 4 I decided to play a stealth character first.

Squirrel_killer-

Great guide! I am new to Skyrim, but like in TES 3 and 4 I decided to play a stealth character first.
I have yet to properly play Morrowind, but I played Oblivion using a stealth character and loved it. Nothing is quite as fun as murdering an army from the shadows and seeing them all drop dead never knowing who did it.

If you're new to Skyrim I highly suggest reading my guide on hunting Falmer: Falmer Hunting - A Guide For New Players On Taking On Those Annoying Snow Elves | Skyrim Forums they are deceptively dangerous. After Oblivion I thought I would walk through Skyrim. Then I met those things.

DIEUNDERMYFEET

if you join the thieves guild after talking to mercer if you pitpocket people in riften and you get cought you can pay a bounty of 12 gold, i got 100 pitpocket in 1-2 hours, and sneaking you can go into a house when someone is sleeping and walk around them, that increases your sneak a lot to

Squirrel_killer-

if you join the thieves guild after talking to mercer if you pitpocket people in riften and you get cought you can pay a bounty of 12 gold, i got 100 pitpocket in 1-2 hours, and sneaking you can go into a house when someone is sleeping and walk around them, that increases your sneak a lot to
This is not a power leveling guide. This is a game play guide. Big difference.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
This was a helpful guide. Although, I tend to do things a little different. For example, rather than sneaking shadow to shadow avoiding enemies, I sneak behind them and slit their throats one by one. It's funner.

Squirrel_killer-

This was a helpful guide. Although, I tend to do things a little different. For example, rather than sneaking shadow to shadow avoiding enemies, I sneak behind them and slit their throats one by one. It's funner.
*More fun. Funner isn't a real word.

I do the same, however this was more about avoiding fighting. Some people will try to completely sneak pass an enemy.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
*More fun. Funner isn't a real word.

I do the same, however this was more about avoiding fighting. Some people will try to completely sneak pass an enemy.

It has been since at least 2010. Look it up in the dictionary.

Squirrel_killer-

It has been since at least 2010. Look it up in the dictionary.
I have a dictionary sitting around her. Two in fact. One is a proper English dictionary, the other is a collection of slang, and improper words which have become words through repeated use. Both are 2012 editions. Funner is only in the later.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I have a dictionary sitting around her. Two in fact. One is a proper English dictionary, the other is a collection of slang, and improper words which have become words through repeated use. Both are 2012 editions. Funner is only in the later.

Then my internet has deceived me. I've-... I've never had my grammar corrected before, especially because I'm usually the one correcting other people... I feel... dirty.

Squirrel_killer-

Then my internet has deceived me. I've-... I've never had my grammar corrected before, especially because I'm usually the one correcting other people... I feel... dirty.

The internet is a poor source for a dictionary. It's like purpler, as in "that wall is purpler than Barney", not a word, but my spell check on chrome lets it pass. But rule of thumb, say your post out loud, if a word sounds stupid or uneducated don't post it.

d3c0yBoY

Good jobs on the guild. Great fundamentals. I personally only have trouble with dragons which I find requires me to be geared with +elemental resistance. Other than that, Assassin builds are probably the most efficient builds to play on master difficulty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts