Starting out ..... messe dup mission already

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lizardisok

I pick up books to gain skills also

No I'm not at th kill Paarthurnax stage of the game yet. I'm at the Throat of the World.

So I'm beating the game to get a hammer? Awwe now the ending is ruined Clarkey!:pinkdragon:

lizardisok

Fish are great to catch, do they replenish?

Not sure if I stopped at the Altar's

were they the things that people drop money and ingredients on? If so, I only remember one

JoeReese

On the way to High Hrothgar, there are a number of altars (little statues in sort of a half-shell backing) which tell the story of the dragon language coming to the mortal races. If you read each one, it grants you a gift, in that animals and creatures will not attack you for 24 hours.

JClarke1953

That's a contridiction to your usual reply.

I forgot to ask, did you stop at the Altar's on the way up the 7-thousand step's?

If not, you can return and visit them.
what is an alar then?

I'm unsure what you mean by a "contradiction" to my usual reply? I thought to encourage you to go to Google to find what your quests, jobs or whatever to see how they work, the alternatives, possible bug's/glitches and answer's if any about them.

lizardisok

I do both. I was just loooking for how to find Elder SCroll online and couldn't find the answer, but I jus figured it out on my own. Besides that, I like to hear what other players have to say. It's fun like that

I didn't mean anything by contradiction JClarke, for lack of better wording anyhow I just meant that you usually say to slow down.

Lucid

You've got a lot of steps ahead of you before you lay hands on that scroll. Go to the College in Winterhold and get info on the scroll from the Orc librarian. He will point you to a nutty mage further north, who will point you to where you will find the scroll. It's an...interesting set of experiences. Eyes open.

lizardisok

lol

Hello Lucid. I'm trying to locate the nutty mage right now. Seems like i have 3 Main Quests running.. don't know which one to check. There's another one that looks fun too. It's called Lesson 1... and well..

on to the crazy guy!

JoeReese

Lizard, if you didn't already do so, go into your quest log and deactivate all but whatever quest you want to work on at the moment, so you'll have only one arrow to follow. If you happen upon something related to another quest, it will still trigger it, but it's a lot less confusing.

To find the nutty mage, Septimus (hoo boy, is he out there) go to your map and look just a little north of the College. You'll have to run down the cliffs from the entrance way, and then cross the water.

JoeReese

Nah, you have dialog to either buy it from him or have him give it to you. You can also intimidate, but he's harmless. It's basically a game mechanic, presenting you with a chance to buy a staff cheap.

lizardisok

I think he was selling potions or ingredients, I will have to re-load and find out. An ice wraith killed him the first time, and I seen what he had, but then I played it again and saved him, but decided to try and intimidate, when that didn't work I just took one swing and took his belongings.

I haven't had any luck with intimidating them thus far

lizardisok

- You must choose to have Elenwen stay or leave
- You must choose to give up Markarth or Riften
- You must decide a counter offer for giving up Markarth or Riften
- You must decide on additional concessions for the weaker side

Any advice at this point?

Lucid

Have you taken a side in the civil war? If not, go with your gut or flip a coin for each. No decisions you make here have a significant impact on how the main quest proceeds.

On subsequent playthroughs (if you do so) you'll have more familiarity with the holds and the impact of your decision and you may feel differently, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

If you have a current bounty in any of the holds up for negotiation, you can choose to have them change hands and your bounty will be cleared under the new Jarl(s).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts