Starting out ..... messe dup mission already

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Same thing for that troll. Fire, fire, fire. Don't drop down yet, if you haven't already. Shoot him with fire from above, so he can't hit back.

lizardisok

I havent put any skills into Magika.

I have scroll Fireball and Firestorm, i'll try them because Flames isn't phasing him

musn't be using it right.. took off 80% of his power first, and now isn't working

lizardisok

No bow :sadface: not sure why I don't carry one

Could I just run past it... .does it give anything good?
He also killed the prisoner I was with

Lucid

No bow :sadface: not sure why I don't carry one

Could I just run past it... .does it give anything good?
He also killed the prisoner I was with

You can try jumping over him and running out of the cave. What race is your character? You may have a racial ability that can help you deal with the troll.

lizardisok

I doubt that.. Lol my character is weak

I can get past it, it's just the pride that hurts!

* I killed the A-hole, and all I got was troll fat.

JoeReese

Yeah, trolls give you that, which is ok but...meh.
If you mean Malborn, the elf who helped you get in, he seems determined to die. I've gotten him out, only to have a dragon get him (because the numbskull runs up to it with his fists) or a sabre cat, or...

If he lives long enough to get to Windhelm, it's still a circus trying to protect him.

If you have a follower for that quest, though, they usually show up in the cave and help fight the troll. Don't forget to loot the dead alchemist, but beware of the unusual gem. If you're not planning on joining the thieves guild at some point, they just get stuck in your inventory. No bueno.

lizardisok

I just bought a horse in Rifton for $1000

Am I going to find this useful? If I dismount it elswhre will it tRifton Stables?

JoeReese

Some people find horses very useful. Others don't. For me, they're necessary because I'm often overloaded when I come out of dungeons, and you can ride (and fast travel on) a horse when you're overloaded. The horse should stay where you dismount, unless it's attacked. Then it will try to fight, so be ready to protect it. In dragon attacks, sometimes it just moves a little bit out of the way. If you can't find him, fast travel somewhere and he should show up.​
That being said, I have had problems if I ride a horse that isn't mine. It seems to send mine somewhere else, and then he doesn't come back until I go find him and ride him again.​

lizardisok

I am on my way to Alduin's Wall. I've been killing Dragons on myway with horse... left two followers behind because they are slow, so hopefully they'll show up if i fast travel or when I get in cavern.

My question is.. there's a spot I'm at with villagers ( and blood dragon )

I can't get the rhythm down to destroy it. If I leave and keep going will it burn the whole city? Should I stay and fight it?

JoeReese

You know, I'm not sure what they do once you leave. It may beat up on some of the NPCs, but I don't know if they just all go their separate ways, when the dragonborn is not around.

lizardisok

I'm at the Alduins Wall, just entered the cavern.

Can I kill a few guards and loot stuff... and then part ways through leave.

I want to go back to Whiterun, sell things, and come back.

JoeReese

You're at the wall, or just going into Karthspire? You should encounter just a few Forsworn, then the traps. Once you get into the entrance to the temple, there's a chest you can use to store extra stuff, if you're overloaded.

JoeReese

Now that I'm finally on PC, I've been modding it in Creation kit. Less of those freaking wall baskets and useless barrels, and more mannequins, weapon racks and shield plaques. I'd live in an armory, if I thought I could get away with it. With the PS3, I just cleared out all the clunk junk and tried to use the storage as best I could.

How's your game going?

lizardisok

I could use you to upgrade my armour lol and weapon.. Oh well I'll do it later in the game and I'll be that much stronger.

Maybe I could take a picture of my inventory sometime and post it

*nice lab :Dragonborn:

**Paarthurnax doesn't stop talking!!

Does anyone know where to go to upgrade my housewith decoratins?

*** OKay after trying to kill Paarthurnax for the 3rd time and then climb on and fly it through Skyrim I gave up.
Will try one more time, unclicked current mission and chose Takin Care of business

JClarke1953

I am on my way to Alduin's Wall. I've been killing Dragons on myway with horse... left two followers behind because they are slow, so hopefully they'll show up if i fast travel or when I get in cavern.

My question is.. there's a spot I'm at with villagers ( and blood dragon )

I can't get the rhythm down to destroy it. If I leave and keep going will it burn the whole city? Should I stay and fight it?

Depends on if the villager's are essential NPC's or not. And as far as destroying the place? It ain't Helgen, so it'll be okay. There's several times (on XBox anyway) that I just didn't want to mess with the Dragon. Not that I couldn't have killed it, just had "better" things to do. There's been times when I was followed and waited for by Dragon's when I enter/leave a cave, home or ruin. And there's been times when the Dragon has left, only to find me heading down the path's.

JoeReese

Wait, you're at the Kill Paarthurnax part already? You don't get to fly him. Odahviing will fly you to Skuldafin to fight your way through, but only after you capture him at Dragons Reach. If you have the bend will shout from Dragonborn, you may be able to fly other dragons, but I don't know about Paarthurnax.

JClarke1953

Lizardisok? You're going way, way to fast! It seems as if you're attempting to beat something that cannot be beat (but for a hammer, lol!).

Really, you need to read more of what's going on, Google what you're wanting to do, or to find out the why's of something not doing what you think it should be. There is way, way more in the game, despite its faults than just Alduin, Paarthrunax and so on.

Please, slow down, take your time, check out things on Google as well as within Skyrim itself. I've gotten so that I don't fast-travel or use the carriages anymore. I just run from one city or village to the other.

But then, that's me, and I've been playing for almost 2-year's (XBox). Just slow up a bit, check out Google, the storyline, and how to get to a particular quest/job. Skyrim is fairly linear in how it's played, A has to happen before you can do B or C.

Check out your choices. Are you doing something just as a means to an end? To get to something? Or are you "that" kind of Dragonborn, willing to do whatever in order to gain this or that.

It's actually all on you. Just take it easy, enjoy the scenery and see how the game goes. Oh, and one good hint? Do not grab any/all book's as you go along unless it's a Tome you can use. Just quickly "read" them in case you come across one that ups your Abilities.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts