Starting out ..... messe dup mission already

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

lizardisok

I already messed up my mission. I killed the person I was supposed to talk to, can I start over from before I got the town mad at me. Or should I just move on and continue. My main objective is to beat the game ASAP.........

lizardisok

JoeReese

That would depend on your saves. If you go to your load screen, scroll through any previous saves you have...see if there's one right when you arrived in town, or shortly before killing them. If not, you have the choice of either going back to whenever your last save was, or just moving on.

lizardisok

I see. What woudl you suggest. I feel like this guy would have been valuable tomy team. Who knows. I feel bad for fighting all those people. I know it's just fantasy. Do you think I can just keep moving and it wouldn't be crucial to my game

JoeReese

I'm not sure what mission you're on or who you killed, if you have a bounty, etc. You might google the name of the person or mission, select either the elder scrolls wikia or the UESP wiki page, and see what the potential problems are. Sometimes it will tell you when there's an alternative way to get the mission cleared.

If it were me, unless I hadn't saved in a really long time, I'd probably go back.

lizardisok

Talk to Alvor in Riverwood

haven't figured out how to save yet. I was guessing it's mostly checkpoints... I would like a place to store items too!

JoeReese

Ok, guessing Talk to Alvor means you just left Helgen and followed the imperial (Hadvar?) instead of Raloff the stormcloak.
Alvor would have given you a quest to go to Whiterun, find the Jarl in Dragons Reach, and tell him about the dragons. If he's not there, you may be able to try Gerdur
(who gives the same mission if you follow Raloff.) If she won't, then try going to Whiterun anyway, but if you got a bounty from fighting with people, you'll get arrested so
beware.

Press your start button, pull the trigger til the indicator moves over stats, and then scroll down to crime. You should see bounties (if any) at the top.

Pull the trigger once more for your save/load screen. Click load, and it should display any saves. I think mine keeps 3 autosaves, then rewrites the oldest. So, if you haven't
manually saved, but haven't done too much since you killed him, you may be able to find a save.

If you have a bounty, probably not enough money to cover it, and have just gotten out of Helgen, may want to just do Helgen again. You're not too far in yet.

JoeReese

As long as nobody sees you, no bounty. But, if you get caught for something else and have stolen goods on you, they'll be confiscated.

JClarke1953

I already messed up my mission. I killed the person I was supposed to talk to, can I start over from before I got the town mad at me. Or should I just move on and continue. My main objective is to beat the game ASAP.........

lizardisok

What's the hurry to "beat" the game? It can't really be "beat" for one thing, it just ends when you decide to end it as there are many, many quests and jobs to do. And some actions may have an impact on other quests, and you may not be able to complete them, or you might. Bethesda didn't really, well, you'll see.

If I might suggest, just slow up a bit and enjoy the game. Not sure what kind of monitor you're using, but if it's a big screen, the eye-candy is awesome.

Also, you can Google most of your questions, just make sure your query includes the use of your PS3, as the XBox and PC's have/get different bug's or glitches. And most times UESP or Wiki may have a fix or work through. YouTube also has some good tutorials (again, make sure what you watch is for your console).

Have fun, make frequent saves (in case you don't like how something is, revert to your save and go another direction in your actions). Role play some if you can (or want), that will make it more interesting and "immersive" for you.

Lucid

Where do I find Bleak Falls Barrow. I'm at these GD giants now, can't seem to find it. Any help?

Go to the Riverwood Trader and ask about the Golden Claw. Camilla will walk you to the road to Bleak Falls Barrow.

JClarke1953

Hey Lizard? Seems you're in a hurry? There's no need to rush, although I understand you're wanting to get to the "end" per se. Thing is, there's not really an end. There's over 270 quests/jobs, and perhaps maybe 10 "main" quests, and that's just on Skyrim, not Solstheim (I believe there are 7 "main" quests, and over 30 jobs).

I should confess I tried to hurry through at first as well. But when I saw all of what there is to do, the eye-candy, how a choice may or may not affect something, not to mention surprises when something happens unexpectedly (I recently had a surprise and I'm on my 5th char, and am working on another).

So slow down a bit, explore, check stuff out. There's much more going on than what I had thought when I got the game last Spring. Have fun with it, make saves before you attempt something, that way you can revert back to it in case you need to work a different tactic.

Anyhow, 'nuff said I guess. Just enjoy, and check out Google, or these Forum's when you hit a bug or glitch. UESP and Wiki have a lot of info. There's also a Map of Skyrim that's an App that is easy to use.

JoeReese

The books you want to pay attention to most are skill books. These are usually found laying around, prominently, such as on tables or desks, rather than in bookshelves. That said, if you have enough room for other books, they certainly don't hurt. Some will give you side quests to do, while others just give you a background about the lore. The skill books will immediately raise the associated skill by a level, and are wroth considerably more money. I can recognize them now, but in the beginning I made it a point to read every book I encountered, even if I didn't take it with me. For looting purposes, the 10 gold / 1 lb ratio seems to work well for me. A 13 lb Ancient Nord weapon worth 15 gold is nice to have on the wall, but you don't lose much by not taking every single one you find. If you plan to become a Companion and forge them into Nord Hero weapons, there will be plenty of them available throughout the game.

Books are usually about 3-7 per lb, so I only take random books when I have extra room. Gems, some food items, alchemy ingredients, potions, etc., really make the bulk of your high value
items, and you can carry a lot of .5 lb potions, compared to a 13 lb ax or something. If you have the opportunity somewhere to grab a ruined book or two, they work for making spell tomes at the Atronach forge. If you can't find it early on, I highly recommend making a flame atronach tome. Nothing like a fire shooting buddy to watch your back, when dealing with draugr.

If you can't find Camilla to ask about Bleak Falls, leave Riverwood by way of the bridge, passing the Inn on your right. At the other side of the bridge, instead of going right to Whiterun, go left up the hill path. That will take you to a bandit tower, and then to Bleak falls main steps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts