• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, Petahbread.

I hope your series and channel do well. However, the best way to make shameless self-promotion work is to get involved in the community and become a known or well-known member. This is true of any community with an interest in what you're doing. We don't have much reason to click the links if we don't know you.

That said, the link's existence technically helps generate traffic to you with search engine results, but not as much help as garnering the favor of the communities most likely to support you long-term.

I hope you join us in enjoying and discussing Skyrim in days and months to come, and I wish you luck with your channel. :)

[EDIT]

I was reminded we've had promoters in the forum before -- usually for videos. One guy did it really well, both by participating in the forums, and by providing priority viewing to forum members (so his videos were "released" here first). Another, however, only posted when he had videos, and did not otherwise interract with anyone, and the interest generated for his channel was the opposite of what he would have wanted.

The less you give a community, the less the community will want to give back.

Sorry to lecture on your first day, but my concern is as much for the quality of any individual experience, as for the health of the site as a whole, and everyone deserves the best possible shot at succcess. So, again, I hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope the best success for your channel. :)

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Skyrim should not CTD unless you have way too many Texture mods running at the same time. Or if you have conflicting mods or have them in the wrong load order.

I would suggest going through your mods. Refining them, cutting some you absolutely don't need and then running the ones you keep through LOOT.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts