PC Started a 2hd tank/ Chemist, need suggestions!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BigPickle0

Good day fellow DragonBorns!

I've known this game for quite some time, beating the game to an almost 100% back in 2011 with no mods.

I've come back to this game 6 years later looking to try something a little different. a two handed chemist who does not give a plops about stealth!

She's currently lvl 9 with 49 in 2H and 30 in Heavy Ar, and still low stats in chemistry.

here's what I want to achieve before continuing on the story line and delving into more difficult dungeons:
-reach at least lvl 50 chem
- reach lvl 50 smith
- craft heavy Orc armour
- Craft 2H Orc weapons
have adequate offensive potions to strategize my fights.

now this is my question to the community:
- which mods should I download that could assist me in gaining my crafting stats?
which city should my character consider home that could aid him in his skills? (currently Solitude, joining the Legion)
- what tricks can I use to speed up my smithing and my chemistry? I remember the one trick for smithing is to constantly create leather gloves or something. but now we're 2017, there must be something new.

thank you all ahead of time, I'm excited to hear your answers and trade ideas with you all :)

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Honestly speaking, Alchemy as a skill was so mind numbingly boring to consciously try and level up that I never once bothered levelling it up to max naturally. I would not begrudge you using mods or console commands to level your Alchemy skill artificially, as taboo as that may sound.

Otherwise, experience gain is based on the value of the potion, so a quick Google search should tell you what the most valuable potion type is to make and what ingredients you need to farm to make it.

As far as smithing goes, I really don't remember enough about how experience gain works with it to really say what would be most efficient. Just horde materials and smith absolutely everything you can, and keep whatever gear you and your followers are using max upgraded.

As for a house, the Hearthfire home with the Fishing Hatchery is probably the best overall, as the Hatchery can give you useful ingredients for alchemy.

BigPickle0

Honestly speaking, Alchemy as a skill was so mind numbingly boring to consciously try and level up that I never once bothered levelling it up to max naturally. I would not begrudge you using mods or console commands to level your Alchemy skill artificially, as taboo as that may sound.

Otherwise, experience gain is based on the value of the potion, so a quick Google search should tell you what the most valuable potion type is to make and what ingredients you need to farm to make it.

As far as smithing goes, I really don't remember enough about how experience gain works with it to really say what would be most efficient. Just horde materials and smith absolutely everything you can, and keep whatever gear you and your followers are using max upgraded.

As for a house, the Hearthfire home with the Fishing Hatchery is probably the best overall, as the Hatchery can give you useful ingredients for alchemy.
Am I able to take a wagon to hearth fire? I can easily google it, but it's always nice hearing from someone else :)

Staff member

Am I able to take a wagon to hearth fire? I can easily google it, but it's always nice hearing from someone else :)
Hearthfire is the name of the DLC that adds in various properties that the player can buy and build up based on pre-planned fabrications. They can be extremely expensive to build, however, especially if you want to fully furnish them.

The Hatchery can be built with the property you can purchase after doing various quests for Morthal.

I've never tried taking a wagon, but they are fast travel locations and you can even buy a carriage that will sit in the front yard and allow you to use it from there.

BigPickle0

Hearthfire is the name of the DLC that adds in various properties that the player can buy and build up based on pre-planned fabrications. They can be extremely expensive to build, however, especially if you want to fully furnish them.

The Hatchery can be built with the property you can purchase after doing various quests for Morthal.
Oh yes, I remember my friend showed me that mod on his PC, it's pretty awesome I remember :)

Staff member

Oh yes, I remember my friend showed me that mod on his PC, it's pretty awesome I remember :)
A mod is generally free and user generated content that you download and install at your own risk. Hearthfire is a DLC officially published and distributed by the game's creators/owners. If you bought the Special or Legendary Editions of the game, you already have Hearthfire installed.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Home: Markarth.
This one is a personal choice, but it gives you access to a dwarven ruin, plenty of quests, an interesting alchemist and blacksmith, and the city is both interesting and aesthetically pleasing.
I just dislike Solitude.
Mods: Really can't help you here.
Smithing/chemistry tricks:
Smithing efficiently is in general: Iron Daggers(Low materials cost, decent starting xp, enchantable for profit) to 30 smithing and then dwarven bows (low material cost, decent profitability) until you hit your goal.
Alchemy:
I can't actually remember them right now, but I've got a list of potions with easy to obtain ingredients that produce a decent profit. Just start mixing stuff together.
Also: Lemme direct you to this guy's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MajorSlackAttack
He addresses these things pretty well. He's "speedrun" to 60 smithing and has power levelling tips for alchemy and has videos on both, as well as tons of other tutorial and help videos for skyrim SE(and skyrim legendary as well).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts