• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Have you ever seen the movie Stargate, or one of it's follow up TV series? Do you like Stargate?

• I have seen the movie, but not the TV Series. I liked the Movie.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I have seen neither, but after looking up Stargate, I have found myself interested in an RP.

• I have seen the TV series, the movie, or both, and find myself generally uninterested in this RP.

• I have never seen anything pertaining to Stargate, and have no interest in an RP about it.

• Total voters

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Must be a vast empire already, I mean galaxies are huge.
    Unless of course, there aren't many planetary bodies in the galaxies.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Yea, that's the point I guess. Sort of gives you the feeling of no matter what you do, you barley make a dent in this giant War machine that is marching towards your home galaxy. Maybe with this Coalition between the allies, its not solely the Earth Military, or the Jaffa military. Maybe its the Coalition Military, with members of all the races a part of both the Space and Air combat, as well as ground Combat. So an SG team could consist of many different combinations. That would be interesting. With the Tau'ri becoming the most advanced technologically (At least in ship design due to the Asgard giving them all of their knowledge), the Tau'ri vessels are the main stay battleships of the Coalition fleet, with things like a Ha'tak serving a more support role, like trasnporting large amounts of troops, orbital bombardments, and possibly as a Carrier (Repurposed to carry large amounts of fighters and bombers).

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well combine the knowledge of the Asgards with the possible knowledge of the Ancients in the Atlantis database/library.
    Also there was the one episode where they time traveled, and the Tau'ri had similar technology to the Nox. Well, activating the stargate without the use of a DHD, at least.
    We also have to take into consideration of the other number of human civilizations.
    Including the one's the Tau'ri haven't gotten along with.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Well combine the knowledge of the Asgards with the possible knowledge of the Ancients in the Atlantis database/library.
    Also there was the one episode where they time traveled, and the Tau'ri had similar technology to the Nox. Well, activating the stargate without the use of a DHD, at least.
    We also have to take into consideration of the other number of human civilizations.
    Including the one's the Tau'ri haven't gotten along with.

Right!! Well, like I said earlier, maybe we could make this farther down the chain of events from the end of the last Movie, which was Continuum I believe. Possibly a 100 years in the future? That could give plenty of time for the Coalition to work on melding the Tau'ri (And Asgard) technology with that of the Ancients.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I would also like, maybe to see, http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Gadmeer, The Gadmeer, those sulphur based aliens somehow also incorporated and somehow in the coalition.
    Perhaps, they were the ones originally at war with the unnamed aliens, and they followed The Gadmeer to us or something.

Last edited:

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    I would also like, maybe to see, http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Gadmeer, The Gadmeer, those sulphur based aliens somehow also incorporated and somehow in the Tau'ri.
    Perhaps, they were the ones originally at war with the unnamed aliens, and they followed The Gadmeer to us or something.

Yea, and maybe the Enkarans, too. And the Nox MUST be a part of it. This could be like the Alliance between the Original 4 Races of the Asgard, the Ancients, the Nox, and the Furlings, except on a much larger scale.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Yes it could.
    Hopefully we get more opinions from others, also do you think the Lucien alliance would have grown as well?

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Yes it could.
    Hopefully we get more opinions from others, also do you think the Lucien alliance would have grown as well?
    I think by this point in time, with how advanced the Coalition between the Tau'ri, Jaffa, and so on have become, that the Lucian Alliance may not even be around anymore, and if it is, its not that big of a threat. Maybe its not so much a Coalition between the races like the Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Tau'ri, but they have come together to form a new type of Government.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Yes it could.
    I think by this point in time, with how advanced the Coalition between the Tau'ri, Jaffa, and so on have become, that the Lucian Alliance may not even be around anymore, and if it is, its not that big of a threat. Maybe its not so much a Coalition between the races like the Jaffa, Tok'ra, and Tau'ri, but they have come together to form a new type of Government.

Yes but this is assuming that the Lucien alliance didn't make/steal technological advances themselves.
    At the point, you could compare the Lucien alliance to the coalition as to the Coalition to the unnamed race.

You can't just say that the Lucien alliance was defeated due to size and being technologically impaired.
    That is just as well saying that the Coalition should be defeated by the unnamed race, just by size and technology.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Yes it could.

Yes but this is assuming that the Lucien alliance didn't make/steal technological advances themselves.
    At the point, you could compare the Lucien alliance to the coalition as to the Coalition to the unnamed race.

You can't just say that the Lucien alliance was defeated due to size and being technologically impaired.
    That is just as well saying that the Coalition should be defeated by the unnamed race, just by size and technology.

That is true. What I am trying to say, I think, that while they are still around, and could pose a threat, they are not as big of one as this new faction that we will be introducing. The events of SGU seem to have left them very weakened as well. I guess we could always start out as having them as the main antagonist group, and then switch it to the new Aliens, or something of the sort. Lol, I am having a Stargate marathon right now. I am on season 8 of SG-1.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts