• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Have you ever seen the movie Stargate, or one of it's follow up TV series? Do you like Stargate?

• I have seen the movie, but not the TV Series. I liked the Movie.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I have seen neither, but after looking up Stargate, I have found myself interested in an RP.

• I have seen the TV series, the movie, or both, and find myself generally uninterested in this RP.

• I have never seen anything pertaining to Stargate, and have no interest in an RP about it.

• Total voters

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    I don't know if anyone would be interested in this. I have always been a big fan of the Stargate movie, and the subsequent series that followed, and have always thought an RP about it could be cool. I have a few ideas in my head, but I am honestly just curious right now if anyone would be interested in an RP like this. If you really are interested, just post so on here, and maybe we can get an actual RP up and rolling. I have all sorts of Lore and Technology statistics available if we decide to go ahead and do this, but anyone willing to pitch in would be appreciated.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, It depends on the story of the Rp and the timeline of it.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    I'm thinking of doing a completely original story, set after the events of the TV Series, possibly. A new, powerful enemy, or something of the likes, as well as the fun that just happens to go with exploring the Galaxies. There are many Galaxies out there, and the SGC hasn't explored all of them just yet. Maybe it could be an Open RP, with new people getting added. We could get the Basic SG teams, and them also have people RP as allies.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well I can't say I'm not intrigued.
    I must say though, the enemy Should be totally different from the Goa'uld, Ori, Replicators and wraiths(Atlantis).

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well there was those unknown suited aliens in the alternate timeline thing with the Daedalus, where it kept jumping between realities , I believe. They had those plasma weapons and odd ships.
    In universe there was that Reptilian race that kidnapped Dr. Rush.

So, if we can travel over to the other timelines, why can't they do the same for us just for an example. I wouldn't know how to fit that into the other Galaxy thing.
    We've had the little greymen, so that's out of the picture (though they were allies).
    Plus, there has to be something worthwhile at that actual Galaxy or else they wouldn't have bothered.
    I mean it takes a lot of juice to travel between Galaxies.

Also we are practically done and dusted with the parasite thing, right?

As for original ideas. Well I'm stumped for now.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Well, I figure the Tok'ra are still around. Maybe there was the occasional minor Goa'uld that has survived, that we run into.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Well, I figure the Tok'ra are still around. Maybe there was the occasional minor Goa'uld that has survived, that we run into.

Well, there is that.
    I'm sure there are still some of the system lords.

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Alien

These guys could work. They were an unknown, highly advanced, physically imposing (As one of them gave Ronan Dex a beat down). They had yet to have been encountered in the main universe. Maybe they came from somewhere outside even the Pegasus Galaxy (They were only encountered there. Not to many details about them, so we could expand as we go.).

Toxius

Frost Wolf

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Yea, they could. Maybe they don't even need to come from an Alternate reality. Maybe they have been in a different galaxy in the Main timeline this whole time, and Earth and its allies just haven't ran into them yet.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    None that I can think of. Most of their lore and stuff is unknown.
    Maybe think how they came to be and whatnot.
    What their homeworld is like, and whatnot.
    Their name could actually be unknown until we do think of something.

Maybe they could use these things as pets or something.
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beast

Toxius

Frost Wolf

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    Yea, the beast could be like the equivalent of a War Dog. It could be used to add a variety to combat. And the Drones are a cool idea to. Maybe there could be different types of the Unknown Alien dudes. Like a Heavy one, and scout, stuff like that. We could also have Jaffa members of the Stargate teams. Maybe there is like a Coalition between a few different races, like the Tau'ri, the Jaffa, the Tok'ra, the Unas (Who could have been brought into the galactic politics with the help of Daniel Jackson), and any of their other allies. Maybe there will be new ones added into the RP?

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    The Unas could have had some translator that was implanted into, or fitted onto them that helped them understand the odd and widely spoken English language.

I also like the types of the Unknown race.
    Give them classes and such.
    Give them also a sort of hierarchy type government. Make the ship that was encountered a outdated scout ship with outdated fighters, I think it was stated that their (only their fighters but I think the kind they used there were just kamikaze fighters.) ships were inferior to human ships and they only managed to disable the Daedalus because it just came out of that Alternate traveling device thing.
    Also, note the devices they wore on their heads.
    Maybe they are a mass cloned, subservient race on their own.
    Maybe they're androids or such, as they resemble humans (somewhat).
    Or they were just convicts, that were subjugated into the military.

Maybe it does something else entirely.

So we could have:
    • The standard trooper, plasma/laser rifles.
    • The Scout, light plasma pistol
    • A heavy, with a plasma Gatling gun
    • Sniper, with a cloaking device.
    • Drones and other various robots.
    • The war dog.
    • Mech units (would they work?)
    • Infiltrator unit, laser sword (not like the ones that just crashed their fighters into the ship)
    • Other various wacky units, robots, or whatever.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Or, the device on their head is some form of Telepathic communication thing

Orien Terrik

"Arik tree'ac te kek."
    The Unas could have had some translator that was implanted into, or fitted onto them that helped them understand the odd and widely spoken English language.

I also like the types of the Unknown race.
    Give them classes and such.
    Give them also a sort of hierarchy type government. Make the ship that was encountered a outdated scout ship with outdated fighters, I think it was stated that their (only their fighters but I think the kind they used there were just kamikaze fighters.) ships were inferior to human ships and they only managed to disable the Daedalus because it just came out of that Alternate traveling device thing.
    Also, note the devices they wore on their heads.
    Maybe they are a mass cloned, subservient race on their own.
    Maybe they're androids or such, as they resemble humans (somewhat).
    Or they were just convicts, that were subjugated into the military.

Maybe it does something else entirely.

So we could have:
    • The standard trooper, plasma/laser rifles.
    • The Scout, light plasma pistol
    • A heavy, with a plasma Gatling gun
    • Sniper, with a cloaking device.
    • Drones and other various robots.
    • The war dog.
    • Mech units (would they work?)
    • Infiltrator unit, laser sword (not like the ones that just crashed their fighters into the ship)
    • Other various wacky units, robots, or whatever.
    Or, the device on their head is some form of Telepathic communication thing

Yea, I have been thinking about a bunch of this stuff. We could set it a lot farther into the future, like maybe 60 or more years after the Stargate TV series. They have explored multiple galaxies and such, until they come across a galaxy that is under siege from an unknown Alien race, who didn't even originate in that galaxy, but maybe one even farther away from Earth, and while the War with the Goa'uld and the Ori have been raging in the TV Series, this Race has been slowly but surely taking over entire Galaxies, and fueling what seems like an unstoppable Empire.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    You've watched all three movies right?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts