• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travis

Did you guys like those stones where you could get a blessing, or buff, or bound armor, in Oblivion? I didn't find them all that useful, or exiting. I noticed "Find so many Standing Stones" in the achievement list, I'm assuming these are the same thing?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Those are supposed to replace the lack of birthsign in Skyrim. You can have only one activated at a time and I suppose there are standing stones for each of the birthsigns. I'm not super sure about this though.

Travis

So you run around and find one, and get the effect, and it lasts until you activate a new one? So the idea is if you find another one, and you like the effect better you can switch? Interesting. I like the idea of being able to switch. It would have been great in Oblivion to be able to switch the the mage when doing the mage guild stuff, and then to the "thief" when doing the thieves guild stuff. But I'm also glad it's not a piece of cake to do so.

Flamingtaco

What Hex said, they replace birthsigns, so choose a combat one and your combat skills increase, choose a stealth one and your stealth skills increase, etc, etc, etc.
Wow that's a lot more interesting than choosing the stars you were born under. It goes along nicely with removing classes and such to allow more freedom.

Flamingtaco

Its nice the standing stones have more of a purpose now. I never really used the summoned weapons from them last time around so now I actually have a use. I wonder if you still need to be a certain level to use some of them.
Hopefully I did not just triple p. The server tends to be a bit laggy on my phone although its never on the computer so its probably just my phone.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts