Sports Sports Sports Sports

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
World Baseball Classic is coming up next month and it runs smack with March Madness. For the 2013 Team USA, I like our team so far though it is not as looking formidable due to a number of declined invitations. Field is strong though. We have Joe Mauer, David Wright, Ryan Braun, Adam Jones and Giancarlo Stanton.

Clau

The Fateless One
Anyone been watching the World Baseball Classic? Team USA is playing well and unlike the 2009 squad lead by Jeter and Co.

Plus I admire how the Netherlands are doing.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Anyone been watching the World Baseball Classic? Team USA is playing well and unlike the 2009 squad lead by Jeter and Co.

Plus I admire how the Netherlands are doing.

No can do, Clau. Baseball's just a snooze fest for me lately. Maybe it's on account of my Flyers sucking so bad. What?! Last I saw, even the lowly Islanders are above my boys in the standings. :sadface::mad:

Must suck on some Nirnroot to dull the pain. :eek::D

Clau

The Fateless One
No can do, Clau. Baseball's just a snooze fest for me lately. Maybe it's on account of my Flyers sucking so bad. What?! Last I saw, even the lowly Islanders are above my boys in the standings. :sadface::mad:

Must suck on some Nirnroot to dull the pain. :eek::D

You don't know misery until you know rooting for the Blue Jays. :D :p

Clau

The Fateless One
The Blue Jays? But I see your location as Virginia. How is it you're not an Orioles fan? :beermug:

That's just it, we here at VA would rather support Canadian franchises out of the jealousy that other states have thriving teams. Only Virginia Tech and its programs gets love here. But the Orioles have an established fanbase here, many of those fans wants to nab an MLB team over at VA Beach.

dunklunk

That's just it, we here at VA would rather support Canadian franchises out of the jealousy that other states have thriving teams. Only Virginia Tech and its programs gets love here. But the Orioles have an established fanbase here, many of those fans wants to nab an MLB team over at VA Beach.

Love the Canadian support. Wish they had more hockey teams than they currently do. The Hokies! Nice one. Glad you didn't say the Cavaliers. ;)

Judas

I'm just a big, hairy American winning machine.
I live in Richmond and I am an avid Redskins, Caps and Orioles fan, but I agree that Virginia is very jealous of other states as far as sports go. It's rough enough driving an hour and a half for a Caps game or 2 hours for a Redskins or Orioles game, that are in a completely different state, mind you, but none of those franchises have done much recently. The Caps are a consistent playoff contender, but no Stanley Cups to their name, the Skins haven't been relevant for 20 years, and the Orioles are starting to get better, but have been in the basement for a number of years, and as I said, they aren't even a Virginia team. There was talk of a NBA team coming to VA Beach, but I could honestly care less about that. Everybody around here just sucks on the Tech Teet, and they are lacking as of recently as well. It's tough for a fan of professional sports, here. Hell, we couldn't even hang on to a ECHL team haha.

dunklunk

At least the Skins look to be on the upswing, what with Griffin having a stellar year. The ECHL? Now that's a sports fan if you're gonna mention a minor Minor League. :D:beermug:

Clau

The Fateless One
It seems I'm the only one in VA that drives to Charlotte to see the Bobcats play. $2 tix for an NBA game. :p:D

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Consider my NCAAB tournament bracket toast. :eek: Very cool to see a couple of "Cinderella" teams doing so well, like FGCU, though. :)

Judas

I'm just a big, hairy American winning machine.
At least the Skins look to be on the upswing, what with Griffin having a stellar year. The ECHL? Now that's a sports fan if you're gonna mention a minor Minor League. :D:beermug:

You take what you can get around here haha

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts