Quest (Spoilers) Restoring the Thieves Guild to its Former Glory

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
First off this is what you do after the Thieves guild main quest line…

Vex and Delvin give out sidequests (jobs) all over Skyrim. There are Four main capitals you want to worry about, Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, and Markarth Goto Vex and Delvin and choose any job you prefer but you only need to complete Five in each of those Four cities.

Each time you have done Five in any one of those particular cities Delvin will spawn a special mission for you in that city to restore the Thieves Guilds honor there. Do that mission and stop accepting mission to that city while concentrating on the remaining cities, til you have completed all Four of the special missions.

You will then be presented a special ceremony in the Cistern declaring you a Master Thief

Congrats you have restored the Thieves Guild to its former glory.
Update: CAN be completed before main story line is finished

skyrim__9_by_ayej-d4jvdk2.jpg

Jeff Travers

Perfect! Been wondering about this!!! Thanks PurpleShew, Rep given :)
I've completed the Thieves Guild main quest line, but I don't remember having the city presented where a 'job' will take place. Isn't it presented as a type of job, like a shill job, but you don't know what hold it is for until you get the quest in your queue?

And is there a way to remove a quest from your queue other than going back to a saved game?

Shew

true
I've completed the Thieves Guild main quest line, but I don't remember having the city presented where a 'job' will take place. Isn't it presented as a type of job, like a shill job, but you don't know what hold it is for until you get the quest in your queue?

And is there a way to remove a quest from your queue other than going back to a saved game?
and if its in a city you already have done, then just quit it by going back to the person that gave it to you, and retry til you get the one you want.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I don't believe Riften counts as one of the area's you need to do 5 quests in.

I did only 5 of Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude and Whiterun and their respective special quests to get this achievement.

Also note: I had to finish the Thieves Guild MAIN QUEST LINE before I had the oppertunity to start the final quest for this achievement - Under New Management.

Chezzy

I used to play FPS games once...
I don't believe Riften counts as one of the area's you need to do 5 quests in.

I did only 5 of Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude and Whiterun and their respective special quests to get this achievement.

Also note: I had to finish the Thieves Guild MAIN QUEST LINE before I had the oppertunity to start the final quest for this achievement - Under New Management.

I can confirm this :)

Shew

ok I admit you don't get a Special quest in Riften your main quest will not pop if you havn't done at least 5 in Riften too.

Zaknafein

Thank you for this. I was getting angry at the guild cause I got no respect after finished the main quest. My fellow thieves did not recognize me as much and my Nightingale partner kept telling me he was too busy to talk to me. Hell Saphire was still not even telling me her real name! I was planning on returning and killing all the ungreatful lot of them.

Do you get anything cool after restoring the guild to it's former glory? any bonuses, a lot of gold or weapon?

Shew

,One more set of thieves Armor and the endless quests from Vex and Delvin but no nothing fabulous, oh and there are new shops in the same area as the Ragged Flagon

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
You also get that Guild Masters chest you can get a few gems and gold from, every now and then.

Shew

You can get the city influence quest before you do the thieves guild main storyline.:rolleyes:
Thanks I will have to do that with my current charaacter.

Shew

You also get that Guild Masters chest you can get a few gems and gold from, every now and then.
Good point the chest is located in front of the desk in the cistern and respawns random loot and money every so often

Shew

Thanks for the support, means alot to me and To Dragon Bourne for the reputation points and the like

Shew

No, but getting a bedlam job and a sweep job in the same town cut down on time needed to complete, cause you do two jobs at same time with same crimes

lvlatt is EDGE

STRAIGHT EDGE
Oh okay so i should go ask around for jobs in the 4 cities? How long is this process to get the achievement?

Shew

depends on you really. Skyrim time is subjective to the individual player

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts