Spoilerific Star Wars Discussion thread and Favorite New Character Poll

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favorite New Star Wars Character

• Fin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BB 8

• Maz Kanata

• Snoke

• General Hux

• Total voters

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
Hey everyone,

I love Star Wars and I know many of you do as well, so I'm creating a thread to discuss Star Wars.

In order to break the ice, please let us know who your favorite new character is and why. Please forgive me if I forget to include someone, but feel free to not vote and post your favorite.

-M'aiq

My favorite character right now is Rey because I love the characters (not always the performances of the actors) of Luke and Anakin and she is not only the "Luke/Anakin" in this trilogy; she is most likely related to them as well. It also doesn't hurt that the actress is very beautiful and the mystery of her parentage is intriguing.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I can't really pick a new favorite right now. Probably a tie between Rey and BB.

Not a new character but I thought Chewie stepped it up a few notches from the OG trilogy.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I've seen it today! I might have a crush.. Rey is my favourite.

I also liked BB-8, and the line Poe said: "Do I talk first? Do you talk first? It's kinda weird with that mask."

Speaking of mask.. I found Kylo to look too young. It was a bit of an anti-climax when he put off his helmet.. Maybe that fits with his anger outbursts and such. I catched myself with the thought: "Is this going to be a teen drama" at the scene where Kylo and Rey meet with the unmasking.

I don't really like Finn.. I don't know what it is, but I don't like him much.

All in all, I really liked the movie! Also happy Luke didn't turn out to be Kylo Ren.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
I just watched it today, same as Nyo... I must say, I'm slightly disappointed. It was funny, there was action, yada yada... I guess it's cause I didn't sense much character progression. I saw the Han Solo/Kylo Ren bit coming from a mile away, and I'm glad it didn't go the opposite direction (that'd completely derail everything).

I guess Kylo is my favorite character of the new movie, though, because he's a well-done character. I do agree with Nyo, though. Way too young.

EDIT: I forgot about Rey's change. I suppose that was a pretty good one.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
aOVymKD_460s_v2.jpg

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager
We need to officially burn Frozen
It'd be good now because there's a new one coming soon
I'll do the first step

brings in a vat full of magma

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I'm going to see it for a second time this evening :)

sticky runes

I picked Poe because he's cute and i was disappointed that he didn't have a bigger part in the movie (he was mentioned in the opening text, for f#ck sake)

On the whole, the film was predictable, and dreary. WAY too any references to the original trilogy. The villains are all lame. Captain Phasma - the first female villain in a star wars movie - was beaten very easily and we didn't even see her get tossed in the garbage. She's basically the new Boba Fett - cool looking costume, but does F.A.

and Kylo Ren - are you kidding me?? the worst thing about those prequels was not Jar Jar Binks, it was the fact we had to put up with some whiny pissant trying to be Darth Vader. And what did we get in this movie? A whiny pissant trying to be Darth Vader. Yes, he gets a badass looking light saber - which he uses to throw tantrums. :vomit:

Sorry, but this movie didn't do much to reawaken my fandom for Star Wars.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I picked Poe because he's cute and i was disappointed that he didn't have a bigger part in the movie (he was mentioned in the opening text, for f#ck sake)

On the whole, the film was predictable, and dreary. WAY too any references to the original trilogy. The villains are all lame. Captain Phasma - the first female villain in a star wars movie - was beaten very easily and we didn't even see her get tossed in the garbage. She's basically the new Boba Fett - cool looking costume, but does F.A.

and Kylo Ren - are you kidding me?? the worst thing about those prequels was not Jar Jar Binks, it was the fact we had to put up with some whiny pissant trying to be Darth Vader. And what did we get in this movie? A whiny pissant trying to be Darth Vader. Yes, he gets a badass looking light saber - which he uses to throw tantrums. :vomit:

Sorry, but this movie didn't do much to reawaken my fandom for Star Wars.

To each their own. I have seen that argument before: "too many references to the original trilogy". I'd say that is done on purpose, to give the older fans a stick to hold on to, familiarize with the story again. Other people say they do it so they forget about the prequals ( I personally liked them, but a lot of people don't).

I agree that Kylo is a bit whiny. BUT: This villain shows emotions, he's not the typical stone-cold badass. Maybe that makes him more dangerous and possibly more powerful. Think of an adrenaline rush, or something similar to Orc's berseker power in Skyrim. (yay for Skyrim reference on Star Wars :D)

The Phoenician

I don't buy the Kylo is a bitch argument. Even with the temper tantrums he still beat the hell out of two people with combat experience while bleeding out from a gut shot from a bowcaster wich is pretty much the Star Wars equivalent of a grenade launcher.

sticky runes

To each their own. I have seen that argument before: "too many references to the original trilogy". I'd say that is done on purpose, to give the older fans a stick to hold on to, familiarize with the story again. Other people say they do it so they forget about the prequals ( I personally liked them, but a lot of people don't).

This movie actually made me like the prequels more. The prequels went into the politics, i have no idea what the political situation is in this new movie. And the prequels brought in lots of new ideas instead of shoving references to scenes and dialogue from the old films in our faces every two minutes to remind us we are watching a Star Wars movie. but apparently, a lot of fans seem to appreciate that.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
My new desktop background:

MAMFKTW.jpg

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
adj7b1d_700b.jpg

The Phoenician

I hope they don't go that route

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts