*spoiler alert* So pissed at DB questline...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brother

No quest in Skyrim came close to arousing strong emotions in me until the Dark Brotherhood questline...I've played it two and a half times and each time my rage and sorrow is greater than before. On my first playthrough, when Maro first told me he'd destroy the Brotherhood, I didn't believe him. I figured I'd show up at the Sanctuary and everything would be alright. Everyone would be shaken up, like after the attack from Cicero, but no one would lie dead.

Man, was I ever wrong. When I discovered poor old Festus Krex, his arms raised to shield himself, transformed into a human pin-cushion by the arrows that pierced his body, I started hammering away on my mouse buttons out of anger. My character delivered power attack after power attack, but no matter how viciously I slew the Penitus Oculatus agents, my revenge could not bring back my wizard mentor from the dead.

And I'm not just roleplaying, mind you. I was seriously PISSED.

I ran inside the sanctuary, shivering at the thought of what I would find. Without waiting to listen to the coversation I heard coming from around the corner, I charged in, buchering the startled soldiers. My heart sank as I found the body of Gabriella. I'd never gotten to know her very well, but I'd hoped to see more character development in the future. Perhapse we could have become fast friends.

Worse was when I slew Arnbjorn's attackers AND HE DIED ANYWAY. I had been so close to saving one of my favorite Brothers of Darkness, and the game wouldn't allow for it. I reloaded save after save, saving him over and over, but he always died. But if I had been upset over the death of my werewolf friend, I was quaking with rage when I found the body of my absolute best friend, my favorite lizard, Veezara. I reanimated his corpse to fight the Sanctuarie's defilers one last time, but his mindless moaning only reminded me his soul had fled the empty shell of his body.

The smallest seed of hope was planted within me when I discovered Nazir and Babette had survived. The hope blossomed and I quivered with excitement as I eagerly ran to the location at which, I had discovered, Astrid waited to speak with me. But those hopes were cruely snatched away from me when I learned of my beloved leader's treachery. I wished the rat had been someone like Cicero, so I could truly enjoy killing the traitor. But it was Astrid. The truth crushed me.

I was disappointed when the only veangence I was allowed to deal out was to Maro. I wanted a quest to hunt down every last Penitus Oculatus agent and destroy them. I wanted to turn each one of them into a human pin-cushion as they had done to Festus. I wanted to put all of them in the Dawnstar Sanctuary torture room!

But it was not to be.

I love this questline. But I hate it even more.

L3ftyrighty

..You get to KILL, THE fluffING EMPEROR - What the fluff is your problem; and you killed poor Cicero the best companion ever! Oblivion take you.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
..You get to KILL, THE f***ing EMPEROR - What the fu** is your problem; and you killed poor Cicero the best companion ever! Oblivion take you.

Anyone who kills Cicero ultimately fails the questline in my eyes. LOL

BlackRat

Oh... Cicero died. I listened to him whimper and beg on the floor before gutting him for his teachery.
Astrid? Never trusted the B*tch from the start.
Nazir? I'm keeping an eye on him. I think he's out for number one.

Jersey Dagmar

LOL Cicero never did any betrayal. He had been following the traditional ways of The Dark Brotherhood. Astrid insulted the Night Mother. She had to die.

Besides, Astrid was the true traitor. Someone doesn't have comprehending skills I see. :D

BlackRat

hah!

I comprehend. My character? Not so much. Cicero died more out of anger at him stabbing the only DB member I actually liked.
Astrid died for being a treacherous wh*re.

Jersey Dagmar

Astrid was going to die anyway, you nor your character had any say in that. That was part of the game coding. :D

Still that lack of comprehension.

Metallipath

Premium Member
I also found the Dark Brotherhood questline drew me into the characters and story more than any of the others so far.

BlackRat

ll bet you that if i walked away from Astrid laying on the floor... and went back after completing every other questline in the game... she'd still be alive. :)

SanSalvador15

Once I found it that Astrid was the one who sold me out and nearly (well not nearly, but you get my point) had me killed, I was happy to slay that bitch. I only wish I could have fought a true fight with her so I could have shown her what happens to lying rats.

Jersey Dagmar

ll bet you that if i walked away from Astrid laying on the floor... and went back after completing every other questline in the game... she'd still be alive. :)

Yea, but the coding still dictates that you have to slay her. There's no choice like with Cicero or Sinding or some other characters.

BlackRat

Then why play at all?
If we are to reduce the game to nothing more than coding and pixels.. why bother?
Might as well break out the Atari 2600 and replay Adventure.

Jersey Dagmar

I would if I could find a working Atari 2600, surprised you know of it. And i'm reducing the game to coding and pixels, cause that's what it is. Just because that's what is doesn't mean I enjoy it any less. That's a nice assumption on your part, eh?

BlackRat

Just in a foul mood today? Or just enjoying sitrring the pot? I've made no assumptions, dude, and I didn't mean to offend you. So let's start over.

I approached this post tongue in cheek, and "in character", that's all. No insult meant.

And don't be surprised I know of it... I've been playing vids since I was old enough to twist a "pong" paddle, and there's very few systems I haven't owned.

Jersey Dagmar

How can you tell if I'm in a foul mood or not over the internet? Do you have telepathic powers? Cause I'm in a great mood, got the day off, playing some Skyrim. Never been better. You're the one who keeps replying to my posts. :D

I'm in no way offended, in fact, your constant replies are making me LOL.

BlackRat

I can't tell,, that's why I am asking. :D

and I'm glad I'm making your day better.

Now, do me a favour... go to Fort Sungarde and tel me if you're getting the same annoying gltiches that I am.

Nuclear Dave

Im right with you Brother. I loved this questline alot as well. My biggest gripe is the poorly made auto quests at the end. I killed that poor lumberjack in Riverwood 3 times in a row. After that i just stopped taking contracts from the Mother. Hopefully they will expand the questline with a DLC. But it is the greatest questline in the game that I've seen so far. Great post btw.

Brother

I didn't kill Cicero! I love Cicero! I just meant if he had been the traitor I wouldn't have minded killing him like I minded killing Astrid. And yeah Dave, I really hate the unfinished ending. I really want an update where you find some more members with NAMES and you TRULY restore the Dark Brotherhood to its former glory. Right now there's only a single nameless initiate, Nazir, Babette, Cicero, the Night Mother, and me. Considering the initiate and Night Mother aren't much good for company, it's pretty lonely. At least I have the screams of the torture victims for comfort...

And I think Jersey is either really stuck-up or just a troll.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts