*spoiler alert* So pissed at DB questline...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
In a way, Cicero was the only one following the true traditions of the Brotherhood. Granted, he was insane, but I like that he's aware of it. xD

I liked Astrid as well. She was a complex character, who trying to do what she believed to be the right thing for her family. She admitted she was wrong in the end. Kinda mad they killed the Argonian too. He was awesome.

Brother

They should have had twice or even triple the number of members to begin with so they could still kill a good number but they could leave you with more than just Nazir, Babette, and Cicero (if you chose to spare him).

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
To be honest, I didn’t care. This sanctuary was ripe for the Purification and I was actually glad to see those heretics burn. Especially Astrid whom I didn’t like from my very first encounter with her although I do have to admit that her last action was hardcore and might even gain her some forgiveness by Sithis. Also, Cicero, one of the few loyal brothers, survived so hey, there is that. He totally got me with his joke about killing me though. Oh but now that I think about it, I was kind of sad to see Veezera die who (apart from myself) was one of the last Shadowscales :'(

TheDarkLens

I'm surprised at how tradition-bound you guys all seem. Why should the old ways be upheld?

Everything was going well until Cicero showed up. In fact, the Night Mother is truly to blame for all of the Dark Brotherhood's misfortunes.
Think about it:
- She drove poor Cicero insane by ignoring him. His loyalty to her later resulted in his attacking Astrid. (And me mercy-killing him to end his pitiful existence)
- Then, by proclaiming you Listener and undermining Astrid's leadership, she created discord in the family, and sowed the seeds of distrust that resulted in the destruction of the sanctuary.

In the end, Astrid was killed, as well as many of those loyal to her, and the Dark Brotherhood was bolstered by the death of the emperor and reorganized as the Night Mother saw fit.
Truly, the Night Mother is the most skilled assassin of all -- she managed to get the leader of an elite band of assassins killed as well as the emperor -- and she didn't lift a single finger.

I believe that the Night Mother is the Dark Brotherhood's worst enemy. She allowed and encouraged the Purification in Oblivion, knowing it would serve no purpose, and she engineered the sanctuary's destruction in Skyrim. Just as she killed her children to gain her status, she kills them still to keep the Brotherhood running as she likes it.
And I choose not to be a pawn in her games. True-Death to the Night Mother, I say! Let one with better programming skills than I create a mod that lets me sink her coffin into the Sea of Ghosts, or feed the fetid remains of her corpse to a pack of rabid saber-cats! I want revenge for my killed brothers and sisters!

Jersey Dagmar

Yea, the Brotherhood wouldn't even be in existence if it wasn't for the Night Mother. The Night Mother doesn't issue any orders. She is merely the vessel. When someone prays to her, the contract is issued. Which is why the Listener is so important. Otherwise, the Assassins are scrambling for contracts to keep themselves afloat.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I liked the quest line, but the lack of characters in the end is bothersome. I didn't allow Cicero to live, he was just too annoying unfortunately. Maybe when I play through it again, I'll mute the TV when he comes on the screen :D

Jersey Dagmar

Cicero wasn't supposed to be killed, as Sithis himself didn't want Cicero to be killed. Lucien would have told you this.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I suppose I should let him live then, it just depends on how much he annoys me on the next play through, though I suppose my level of tiredness will dictate how much he annoys me :sadface:

Jersey Dagmar

I didn't find him annoying at all. He was very much sane at one point in time. But, being alone with corpse can have a serious effect on one's mind. To me, Cicero has a charming personality. And I love him as my constant follower.

Google

How could any of you kill poor, poor old Cicero? What has Cicero ever done to you? Cicero was one of the best characters in Elder Scrolls history! Well, except for that Martin fellow, but he turned into a dragon god, and that's hardly sporting...

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I think the main reason I wanted to kill poor old Cicero, is because he referred to himself as poor old Cicero. Such an annoying person.

Google

I think the main reason I wanted to kill poor old Cicero, is because he referred to himself as poor old Cicero. Such an annoying person.

H'afrumph! Well then, if you're going to be like that...Perhaps it's best i take my leave. A good day to you sir. I said good day!

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I promise, I'll try my best to let him live next time I get up to the decision whether to kill him or not :D

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
How could anyone kill Cicero.. He's AWSOME, I was crushed the first time I learned of Astrid's deed. But any pain I felt from seeing my fellow murderers dead was washed away when Babette said " I'm not exactly built for manual labour" I laughed soooo hard.... Plus Nazir AKA three dog survived, I couldn't ask for more

Adam Warlock

For you DB veterans , please advise a TES newb as to when is the best time to join up ?
I want to create a character who can encompass the DB(primary) , Thieve`s Guild , and Civil War quest lines without ever killing a Dragon.
Any recommendations ?

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
join anytime though the higher level you are the better a certain weapon at the end is

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts