• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
Was there anyone you would've liked to have seen in Sovngarde but wasn't there? They could be from a past ES game, they could be a figure from lore, or maybe someone who died during the events of the game.

Was there anyone you would've liked to have seen in Sovngarde but wasn't there? They could be from a past ES game, they could be a figure from lore, or maybe someone who died during the events of the game.

Well, might sound odd, but on my main character I would have liked to have seen her Dark Brotherhood contract kills in Sovngarde. Especially the ones who put up a fight.
I also would have liked to have seen Lydia, who was killed by a Frost Troll on the way up to High Hrothgar on my main character. That was back when I didn't know you could reload the game and stop that from happening, and by the time I did realize it, the save was long gone. Even though Lydia did not like my Bosmer Dragonborn to much, and my Bosmer didn't like her either, they respected eachother as warriors and that was enough. Both my Bosmer and I feel horrible she was killed, and having died in battle protecting the Dragonborn, savior of the world and all, I think she deserves to be in Sovngarde. But unfortunately she was not. :/
I may think up someone else, but that's all for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeReese

I took Lydia as my first follower ever, on my first play through. She lasted quite a while with me, up to like level 14 IIRC. When she was killed, I actually felt the loss. I got all emotional about it. lol

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I think they could have done a MUCH better job getting people to show up in Sovngarde. Like others mentioned, any dead follower would be a welcome sight. Also, all the heroes and characters in all the books. All the past kings/emperors and Jarls. All the legendary warriors of the past.

I ran around Sovngarde looking for all these people and found like, 2 of them.

confessor

I think they could have done a MUCH better job getting people to show up in Sovngarde. Like others mentioned, any dead follower would be a welcome sight. Also, all the heroes and characters in all the books. All the past kings/emperors and Jarls. All the legendary warriors of the past.

I think people forget that Sovngarde is supposedly a place for Nord heroes only. You can't expect to see every cool character you've met though that would've been epic. And followers don't classify as heroes in my opinion. But I agree they could've done a much better job with the place.

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim

I think people forget that Sovngarde is supposedly a place for Nord heroes only. You can't expect to see every cool character you've met though that would've been epic. And followers don't classify as heroes in my opinion. But I agree they could've done a much better job with the place.

Nord heroes and those who died honourable deaths, I think a lot of followers have met the latter requirement. I was kinda disappointed too there weren't more historical figures or guys from past games. You'd think that would've been a lot of fun for Bethesda to create those guys.

MegaAlberto96

Bipolar Dragonborn
I believe Tiber Septim himself should've made an appearance in Sovngarde, I mean who else is more fitting to go to such a place than the one of the greatest rulers to have lived? Although it is possible that he may have his own some of realm since he supposedly became a divine. I did really like the idea of having Torygg as an appearance, although I'm a Stormcloak, but Torygg just seems like the tried the best he could for Skyrim at the time.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Shalidor. One of the most legendary Nordic figures next to Ysgramor, founder of the College of Winterhold and perhaps the most powerful man to have ever existed who wasn't Dragonborn.

Then again, I doubt Sovngarde would even be able contain him. Wouldn't put it past to him have cheaten death and be off in some outer realm or one of his own making.

Last edited:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I was surprised my first time through, to see Ulfric there. It seemed to set the stage for other appearances that never were. Yet Sovngarde is more vast than the portion where we fight Alduin. There must be a multitude of similar such great halls, where our dead followers, battle comrades, horses... Where they are waiting to greet us with mead in hand, because we've finally died, and with sword in hand. :beermug:

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I was surprised my first time through, to see Ulfric there. It seemed to set the stage for other appearances that never were. Yet Sovngarde is more vast than the portion where we fight Alduin. There must be a multitude of similar such great halls, where our dead followers, battle comrades, horses... Where they are waiting to greet us with mead in hand, because we've finally died, and with sword in hand. :beermug:

Ahh yeah I saw Ulfric too - great thing was that I actually had him Dead Thralled, and thought when I was doing the Skyrim Main Quest, that I had permanently lost him to Sovengard...

BUT ALAS! when it all ended and I warped back to Skyrim, there Ulfric stood, to do my bidding, even IN DEATH as I had always planned! Muhahahaha.

Would have liked to have seen DB members that died, also Lucien Lachance or that couple that were spirits during the Mara Love Questline - lots of possible additions.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Shalidor... ...be off in some outer realm or one of his own making.

Sort of what I figured. Joining the et'ada or hanging out with Magnus... Or could he be buds with Dunlain? *mystery plot sound effect*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts