• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
I would like to apologize for not getting a chapter out for a while, it was my brother's birthday Wednesday, so we celebrated, then from Wednesday through today, I was at my cousins' house and I didn't have my laptop so I could not write, today, I went to go do something so I was too busy to get on so I am sorry that I have not got the second part of the chapter. Then tomorrow, there is a possibility that I will not have enough time to post tomorrow, but I WILL have it out on Monday. So again, I am sorry about that and it will be out on Monday, but this did give me time to think of more ideas for the second part so it should be pretty good, kinda fast paced, but it will not be short.

ultimatedovahkiin

i'm sorry, it turns out I didn't have time to write the next chapter yesterday so I am about to start it and it should be out in a few hours.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 11 Part 2: The Great Gate

The team needed a plan, and quick. The siege machine was quickly approaching the opening of the gate, if the siege machine got out, then it would blast Sovngarde and destroy it, all souls that died would be force to go to The Void where they would suffer. All of the souls in Sovngarde would be destroyed and erased from existence, the team would then be forced to wander the destroyed land of Tamriel, if Sovngarde fell then the war would be over, this battle could very easily decide the fate of Tamriel. Only Sheogorath and Argon would not have to walk the dead land, Sheogorath could go back to the Shivering Isles and perhaps he would take the rest of the team to live there forever, which was a nice thought, and Argon would be forced to live in Oblivion and be the center of yet another war. That could not happen, Argon and the team had to stop the daedra. The only plan Argon could really think of was to try to go through as quickly as possible, but that would not be easy, no doubt Dagon had learned from when Sheogorath had last closed his great gate, and would place hundreds of daedra all throughout the land. They needed to get to the big tower, get to the top, and grab the Great Sigil Stone, it was the same as closing a normal Oblivion Gate except one difference, there was a time limit if the Siege Machine exited the gate, as stated before, all would be lost and everything they had done so far would be for nothing.

"Alright, we've been doing great so far," started Argon, "and I have no doubts that we will be able to close the gate in time, but we need to make sure we do. If not all is lost, and when we close the gate we need to be fast or we will be trapped here. There is also no doubt in my mind that Dagon knows that I am here, so he will be trying to do all he can to contain me and cut me off from the group so that he may capture me and I will be trapped here."
"Well we cannot let him do that, even if it will end the war that fate is unacceptable." said Garnin
"And it will not happen, I know we can do it, we will all be getting out of here, once that stone is pulled we will be teleported out." said Nerevar
"No we won't, remember we are not mortals any longer Oblivion will keep us here." said Sheogorath
"I talked to Akatosh, asked him if he would be able to pull us out, he said he would try." said Nerevar
"Well okay then, let's get going." said Fayen

The team set off in a race against time to reach the Sigil Stone and close the gate. Time did not seem to be on their side though. The Siege Machine was moving slowly, but it was getting nearer and nearer to the gate, Sheogorath estimated they had about an hour before it would reach outside the gate and fire. Normally this would be a pretty good amount of time and the heroes would be able to make it, except that Dagon had strategically placed daedra everywhere, the strategy in this, the daedra were mean, evil, and tough, like normal daedra were, but they would do anything to stop the heroes and I mean anything, they would even jump off of the big building in the middle if it meant stopping the heroes from ruining their masters' plans.

The team looked around for a way to go, they knew that they had to get to the big tower, but to do that they would need to get to the four smaller buildings and pull a switch in each one, that would be easy except that the towers were in the middle of the lava on islands, the towers each had a walkway shooting out from their tops to get to each one, but they had to get to one to get to the next. They saw no way to do that. A the bottom of the towers nearest the big tower there was a platform on the bottom that went to the big gate, they could not get to that platform because there was a giant Siege Machine in their way! Even if the machine wasn't there, there was still a lake of lava in between where they were, and where the platform was. They would have to find another way. They started looking around and they split up. They would not let Argon go anywhere alone inside the gate so they sent Sheogorath to go wiht him, he was after all, pretty familiar with Oblivion, and he was Argon's relative so that would probably make Argon feel a little bit better.

"I promise you we will close this gate." said Sheogorath
"I hope you are right, and even if we do, the war will still be going on. This isn't going to end until we find a way to end it." said Argon
"I know, but we will. You had a great idea bringing us heroes together to try to stop the war. It was an idea that will work, it has to, and it will." assured Sheogorath
"It won't unless we can find a way to get to those towers so we can open the big gate and get inside the big tower." said Argon
"Don't worry, I know what we are looking for, Dagon has a tunnel that will go underground through the lava, and come out on one of those first two islands, once there we just have to go through each tower and flip the switches, then comes the hard part, we have to go through the big tower and close the Oblivion Gate. It's only hard because the princes will definitely have daedra posted all around on every floor to guard the tower and stop us, but together we will be able to stop their plans." said Sheogorath
"Alright, I hope we can." said Argon
"Don't hope. Know." said Sheogorath, "Ah, here we are, this is what we are looking for."

Sheogorath had rolled over a big stone to reveal a door with the daedra symbol glowing red engraved on it. It was stone and was in the ground, but was surely what they were looking for. Sheogorath called over the team and they opened the doors and jumped in. At first it was dark, they were falling to the ground below through a dark tunnel. Argon was hoping that something wouldn't grab him while they were in the air and take him away. Nobody would see it happen and he would be gone. For some reason, Argon was scared, he was the dragonborn he wasn't supposed to get scared especially when he was on an adventure. All of the pressure of this war and the worrying he had been going through had finally broken through and made Argon crack. However, he didn't get grabbed and taken away, instead he saw light at the end of the tunnel, which wasn't good considering the fact that they were falling a good hundred feet in mid air. Argon had a quick idea, he commanded everyone grab onto him and they all obeyed. They had to float over to him, which was difficult, but they managed, as soon as the last person grabbed onto Argon's armor he used the Become Ethreal shout, and instantly they all became blue see-through figures. They hit the ground without taking any damage and when they hit the shout wore off. They looked around and saw that they were surrounded by daedra.

"The heroes! Just like master Dagon said, they have arrived. Kill them! But leave The Dragonborn one alive, wound him so that he cannot fight, but leave him alive. The Princes want him themselves, as for the rest you may destroy them in any means necessary. Just do not let them get through!" commanded the head daedra

Everyone in the room drew their weapons and a wild, battle that would not end until they were in a certain part of the big tower broke out. Daedra gave a cry and charged at the heroes, the heroes stood their ground. Argon swung his sword and managed to cut off the heads of five daedra, will emitting a blue blast from his blade that desinegrated ten more. This angered the army that was ever-growing. The mages among them started launching fire, ice, and electric spells all across the battle. If this kept up without them moving, then they would surely fail their mission. Also, the spells seemed to have weakened the ceiling above them, and rocks started falling. The ceiling would soon collapse crushing everyone. Argon gave an order to start running and just slash every daedra that got in their way, don't stop for anything no matter what, unless one of them was injured and could not run, then they had to keep going, and if one of them was injured that severely, then one of the members would have to go and heal that member and then keep going.

The team started running, any daedra that happened to get in their way was cut down by Argon either using Unrelenting Force or by using the pulse from his sword. Eventually, they made it to the door, the daedra started shouting not to let them through. The daedra tried to get in the way but the team easily over powered them. At this rate they would probably barely make it but they could not slow down or they would surely fail. They made it through the door and Argon glanced over at the Siege Machine. They still had time, but it was making its way over to the portal, slowly but steadily. The Siege Machine fired a fireball at the team, perhaps it too was trying to stop them from stopping it. The fireball had not been aimed very well and it hit the battle and killed about a hundred daedra. The team was doing good, even better now that a lot of daedra had just been taken out, but they were growing tired, Argon commanded that them team regroup in front of the daedra, they did and Argon stepped forward. He used Unrelenting Force and the army of daedra flew backwards into the lava and they all burnt. The team was relieved to have the daedra off their backs, but they knew inside the towers, more awaited them. They rested for about five minutes then got up and went back to the towers.

ultimatedovahkiin

okay so i'm just going to split the chapter into three parts, possibly but not very likely, four parts. I still have some thing I need to get done today, so I had had to just stop and post what I had

ultimatedovahkiin

I would like to apologize for not posting a chapter for a while, I was planning on posting a new one today but I crushed my finger and now I have to wear a finger brace on it which makes it hard for me to type, just typing this little thing alone is pretty hard for me to do, once my finger heals and I no longer have to wear this finger brace, I will post the next chapter.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
I'm loving the story so far , and 'am anxious to read more chapters of this. KIU ultimatedovahkin -).

ultimatedovahkiin

I'm loving the story so far , and 'am anxious to read more chapters of this. KIU ultimatedovahkin -).
Thanks, that means a lot, I am glad you like it. A lot of time and planning has gone into this story. The end of it is getting nearer and nearer, it won't be very long until you find out who is REALLY behind all of this.

ultimatedovahkiin

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 11 Part 3: Closing the Gate and Narrow Escapes

Inside the tower, there were no daedra in sight, the tower seemed deserted. Something wasn't right.

"Where are all the daedra?" Argon said
"They don't seem to be in here, that's good it means we can get this done in peace." said Garnin
"No, when there are no daedra in Oblivion, there is never peace. Something bad is about to happen." said Sheogorath
"But, isn't there no peace when the daedra are IN Oblivion?" asked Fayen
"Well, yeah." said Nerevar, "But what he was saying is that, if there are no daedra in their homeland, the place where daedra belong, something is definitely wrong."
"Something is wrong. Have you forgot that the daedra are out in Sovngarde right now attacking it and trying to destroy it?" said Fayen
"But we just saw many daedra five minutes ago, remember Argon shouted them into the lava and killed them?" said Sheogorath
"Guys, this fighting is getting us nowhere. We need to just take advantage of this opportunity, and- LOOK OUT!" shouted Argon, he dove forward and tackled the team to the ground under the spiral ramp just as a fireball from the Siege Machine blew away the whole top half of the building
"RUN! This is probably why there are no daedra here, they knew this was going to happen!" cried Garnin

The team raced up the ramp to get to the top, luckily the switch was still in tact. As they were running up the ramp the Siege Machine kept firing and barely missing the team. The ramp was being chipped away, there was no going back down and hiding in the tunnels, they had to keep running. They reached the top just as a fireball blew up the rest of the ramp. Argon rushed the team onto the pathway connecting the current tower to the next. He ran inside to flip the switch, he had to hope that he was right and that the Siege Machine would go after him to injure him so he could no longer fight and leave the team alone. If he was wrong, it would be a long fall into the lava below for the team. Luckily he was right, he wasn't sure if Sheogorath was somehow using his powers to control the machine into not attacking the team, or if it genuinely wanted to hurt Argon. He had no time to wonder though, time was still running out. He was running to the switch, when a fireball blew a big gap in the ground in Argon's way. If he tried walking over it he would fall to his death, well his out of existence. And the gap was too wide to jump. He had one idea, it would probably work, but then once he was over there, he would be at the mercy of them machine, right now he could go through the door and run, on the other side of the gap he would have to pull the switch and quickly get back over without being blown up. Argon decided to take his chances. He used the Whirlwind Sprint Shout and he flew across the gap and landed in front of the switch. The Siege Machine was fast though, it had already aimed a fireball right at him. The Machine fired. Argon's instincts took over and he pulled out his sword, and before the fireball could hit him, he hit it and it went flying right back and hit the machine. Argon pulled the switch while the Machine was recovering. He went back across the gap using Whirlwind Sprint, and he went out the door.

"Run!" he shouted at the team, and they obeyed
"Did you pull the switch?" questioned Sheogorath as they ran
"Yeah, I got it!" yelled Argon, he was taking up the rear, and a fireball had just blown away the pathway right behind his feet.
"Is this thing going to stop firing?" yelled Nerevar
"Once we get inside the big tower it should stop, it know that inside that tower is the Sigil Stone, and a explosion could remove the stone, and the Machine knows if that happens the portal will close and then it will be stuck!" answered Sheogorath.

The team exited the platform into the next tower. They pulled the switch ran across the platform and into the next tower. They repeated this process while being shot at for the next few towers. Finally they had pulled the switch in the last tower, but there was no door with a platform connecting it to the big tower, they had to go down, through the tower, and into the big tower. They ran down the ramp, careful not to go too fast because with gravity pulling them, if they ran down too fast the weight of their armor would pull them all the way down and leave them injured. This was a problem, because with the Siege Machine attacking, they had to run at a constant speed. Argon nearly fell three times! Finally they got out of the tower. The gate to the big tower was wide open. The team ran through the gate, to find a whole militia of daedra standing there ready to stop them. The Siege Machine was still firing at them, so now they had to fight their way through a militia of about three hundred daedra, and avoid being blown to bits by the Siege Machine.

The team, realizing they had no choice, charged into battle. They raised their weapons, cried, "Victory, for Sovngarde!" And yes, they actually said FOR Sovngarde, since the victory would be for Sovngarde. After they gave their battle cries, they charged into battle against the militia. These daedra were not very skilled fighters, but they were fast. AND they and they had the home field advantage. They knew about every trick and trap on that part of the land, they tricked Argon into tripping over a root, and the daedra jumped on top of him, they started attacking him and scratching at him. He wouldn't take it though, he used the Ice Form shout, and the daedra instantly froze like ice cubes and they tumbled off him. He picked up his sword, raised it high and brought it crashing down on the neck of one of the daedra. The daedra's frozen head rolled away, and a streak of blue flew forth and cut about thirty daedra in half. The rest of the team was doing pretty good, Sheogorath had summoned a cheese monster to crush the daedra. He was used the Sword of The Crusader to burn any daedra that came near him. Fayen was on a high rock firing his bow at the daedra. Garnin was slicing heads off of the daedra, they he would pick up the head, and throw it at other daedra. The horns would impale that daedra and kill it also. Once, after he killed a daedra, Garnin took his pointer and middle fingers on each hand, stuck them in the daedra's blood, and made two streaks across his face with his fingers. Instant war paint. Nerevar, was calmly walking around the battlefield slicing any daedra that got too close in half. The Siege Machine was still firing, but the team was able to use that to their advantage. Whenever it would fire, they would jump out of the way at the last second and the daedra would get blown up. Eventually every daedra was dead. The team regroupped, Sheogorath sent his cheese monster back to the Shivering Isles to the village where the cheese monsters live. They looked at the Siege Machine, and it was almost to the opening of the gate. The team, with no time to rest, ran inside the main tower.

The first three floors, there were no daedra, they thought that maybe they had killed every daedra in the big battle. The were by far wrong. On the fourth floor, they saw the first daedra. They killed it. Easy. No, that daedra had sent out a signal when it saw them, it alerted every daedra in the building. They all came pouring out. Another army, about the same size as the militia, but these guys were more skilled, and they were in a small area. Argon was able to remove a lot of daedra by shouting them over the balcony to the bottom of the tower, but they didn't die. In fact, they started coming back up to them. The team drew their weapons and charged. They weren't charging to fight. They were trying to get through. They killed any daedra that got in their way, but other than that they didn't stop to fight. They ran through the floors to get to the top. But they ran into a dead end. The door to the Sigilum Sanguis was locked. The team summoned everything they could, and they started fighting. After a while the majority of the army was dead. The rest was injured too bad to fight. Argon shot the lock on the door with a fire spell then he kicked the door in. They walked into the Sigilum and found no daedra. Argon walked to the top while the team stood by to watch as Argon reached out to grab the Sigil Stone. His fingers had just touched it when the tower erupted in violent shaking. Argon was thrown back and hit the wall. The team down below had stabbed their weapons into the ground and were holding on to them as tightly as they could. The shaking stopped. Argon was being held by two very big daedra. They were holding him in front of the Sigil Stone so he could look at his failure. Down below, he could see that every Daedric Prince except Nocturnal, Hircine, Azura, and Sanguine, and Sheogorath but he doesn't count since he's part of the team, had gathered around the team.

"You heroes, think you can stop us from destroying Sovngarde?!" Bellowed Dagon, "Well you cannot! We know what is going on in Oblivion at all times! We were trying to see if the daedra would destroy you first before we came to kill you ourselves."
"You have meddled in our plans long enough! It is time you are destroyed, and it is time for Argon to come with us!" said Peryite
"No, we will never stop fighting. You will lose!" shouted Garnin
"We were hoping you'd say that. Now, we get to prove you wrong, by destroying you right now!" shouted Clavicus Vile

The Princes raised their hands, and they all shot special daedric spells at the team. The spells would have destroyed them, but Sheogorath was there, and being a Daedric Prince, he was able to shield them. He summoned a blue shield around the team to block the spells. He was struggling to keep the shield up. The spells were too powerful.

"You cannot keep your shields up forever Sheogorath!" shouted Boethiah
"Eventually you will have to drop it and we will kill the rest of your team, and you will be sent back to the Shivering Isles forced to stay there until the end of this war!" yelled Vaermina
"I will not let go!" Sheogorath yelled

The princes kept holding their spells slowly breaking through Sheogorath's shield. Sheogorath was growing weak. If Argon did not do something and fast, he would drop the shield and then the whole team would be destroyed, Sheogorath would be sent back to the Shivering Isles, and the daedra would take off with Argon. Quickly thinking, Argon realized how stupid he was that it took him this long to realize what he could have done a long time ago, when the Princes had first arrived.

"Even if you do not drop the shield Sheogorath, we will force you to stay behind there by using out spells, long enough for the Siege Machine to destroy Sovngarde!" said Molag Bal

That's right! The Siege Mahcine! Argon had completely forgot about it! He had to act fast. Was he positioned just right in front of the Sigil Stone? Yes, he was he had to execute his plan. Now.

"Hey, Sheogorath," Argon said, "Catch."

Sheogorath, rather confused looked up and his grand-son, he willed the shield to stay up as he held out his hands.

"Fus Ro Dah!" shouted Argon, the shout hit the Sigil Stone, and it went flying out of place and into Sheogorath's outstretched arms!

The tower and the rest of this plan of oblivion started wildly shaking. The Gate was closing, but the team was going to be locked in! Then, the roof of the tower burst off into tiny pieces that went flying across Oblivion to reveal the giant fiery dragon that was Akatosh! He breathed fire on the guards holding Argon and they melted, then in breathed fire of the Princes and they were knocked back into the wall. Akatosh landed on the part of the tower where the roof had once been, and he let down his tail for the heroes to climb up. They climbed on his back and he started flying. He was flying quickly, but not quick enough the gate was about to close! And to make matters worse, the Siege Machine was almost out!

"The Siege Machine is going to get out! And the gate is about to close!" shouted Argon
"I don't think so!" said Akatosh

Akatosh shot a great fireball from his mouth and it hit the Siege Machine and the Siege Machine blew up! Then he went even faster and at the last second he flew through the portal. Right after they flew through the portal closed behind them. Akatosh landed and the team climbed off. Akatosh turned back into person form, and the daedra disappeared. The Princes were in Oblivion, and Sovngarde was saved! The souls of Sovngarde came out cheering. The other divines came and thanked the team for saving Sovngarde.

"It's not over, this war still has ways to go, but today we saved Sovngarde. The daedra have been knocked down a peg, and a major battle has been won." said Argon
"That is true, but every soul in the world has been saved just now, if Sovngarde had fallen during this battle, then the souls inside would die, again, and then anyone who died after this battle, would be sent to the void. Now come, I do not think the daedra will attack anywhere for a while, they will need time to recover from the damages of this battle. and I think this victory calls for celebration" said Talos

After the celebration, the heroes returned to Sheogorath's palace.

"This war needs to end, after what happened today, I saw just how badly this war needs to end." said Argon
"We are trying to find a way, but it is not easy keeping immortals down." said Fayen
"I have a way. You will probably not like it, but I think it is the only way for this war to end." said Argon
"What is it? Right now, we are taking anything!" said Garnin
"This war is about me, they want me." said Argon
"Yeah, so?" said Nerevar
"They can't have me, if I don't exist." said Argon
"Are you saying what I think?" asked Fayen
"At the next major battle, I have to erase myself from existence. I will make sure the daedra and the divines see it. Then the war will end." said Argon
"Not and option. A hero's sacrifice is a noble thing, but this sacrifice is too big. I will not allow it." said Sheogorath
"Well what else can we do?!" said Argon, "There is no more order in the world now! It must be done!"
"Order.... That's It!" exclaimed Sheogorath
"What?" question Argon
"Jyggalag! The Daedric Prince of order! He can help us, and if I recall, he owes me a favor for freeing him." said Sheogorath
"But didn't he cut his plane of Oblivion off from the others so that he could be alone? How will we get to him?" asked Argon
"Easy. We use his sword to open a portal. With the right magic and spells, by using a power attack on the area where we set up, it will tear a portal to his realm open." said Sheogorath
"Then we will do that tomorrow. We had a crazy day today." said Nerevar

The team, went to their rooms to sleep for the night. The next day they had to succeed in getting Jyggalag's help. It might be the only chance for them to do something like that. The daedra would recover, and then it would be back to battling them to the death.

ultimatedovahkiin

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 12: The Prince of Order
Argon awoke in his room at the Shivering Isles to see Serana sitting on a chair in his room.

"I was wondering when you would wake up." she said
"How long have you been here?" Argon asked
"About and hour." Serana answered
"Stalker." joked Argon
Serana laughed, and then said, "You ready for today? What happens here might be the end of the war."
"Yeah, we had better hope that this ends the war, or we will be out of luck. We can't fight the daedra forever, and by fighting in this war, we are also causing damage to Tamriel, not much since we are not gods with divine power, but this is like a never ending war. I hope Sheogorath is right and that Jyggalag will help us." Argon said
"You're right, I know you guys are doing what you have to, but I am worried about you Argon, I understand you have done this type of thing countless times, but not when you were being tugged on by two divine forces. And no matter how hard you try to fight for the divines and get yourself to Sovngarde, the daedra keep tugging back on you. It's like a game where two teams pull on a rope, you are the rope, even if the rope tries to go to one team, it can't the rope doesn't decide that only the superior team, and here the teams are equal when one team gets the upperhand, the other team just pulls back. That sounds like a fun game.... Hmmmm maybe I should introduce that to the world, but what would it be called?" Serana said
"I know, my efforts aren't just for myself, I need to get into Sovngarde because if the daedra win and somehow Tamriel survives this war, the daedra will fight each other for my soul. A civil war between the daedra with Tamriel as the battle ground, Tamriel would be gone." said Argon

"I know, but I have been waiting for you because I need to ask you something." said Serana changing the subject
"What?"
"Last night, were you serious about wiping yourself out of existence?" asked Serana
"Yes. I am serious about it. It's like your rope simile, if there was no rope though, no team could win and they would have to deal with it. If this doesn't work today, that will be my only choice." said Argon'
"Then it HAS to work, now more than ever. I will not let you destroy yourself." said Serana
"I appreciate your concern, but I have made up my mind. There is no point in trying to change it." said Argon, "Now, if you don't mind I need to get dressed before we go." said Argon

Serana left the room and Argon put on his armor. He was thinking about the war, him possibly going to destroy himself. He reflected on about the war, all of the facts, the battles, what him and his team were about to go do. It all seemed like a pretty normal war, save the fact that godly forces were clashing this time. Something about it didn't seem right though, Argon could not figure out what it was, but there was this thing at the back of his mind bugging him about the war. Something definitely didn't seem right. He didn't have time to try to figure it out though, their window of opportunity was closing the team had to hurry and get to Jyggalag.

Argon walked out of his room and found his team already talking in the throne room.

"Argon, while we get the portal ready to be opened, Sheogorath thinks it is a good idea to contact Akatosh, let him know what is going on so since you are the leader of the team, we are putting you in charge of that. Sheogorath says the daedric Princes can make mini portals that nothing can travel through to show what is going on in an area. It's how they watch over us, they can make them invisible, or visible. So Sheogorath is going to open one so you can talk to Akatosh." said Fayen
"Alright, thanks Fayen. Open the thing and I will talk to him." said Argon

Sheogorath opened the portal to Akatosh and Argon saw Akatosh sitting hunched over some scrolls in the Hall of Valor. The other divines were wandering around planning for the next battle. "Akatosh!" called Argon

Akatosh looked up from the scrolls, "Argon," he said, "how are things going?"
"Things are alright here. My team and I are going to stop this war. We are traveling to Jyggaag's realm to try to get him to help us restore order." explained Argon
"Stop the war? Jyggalag? Are you crazy Argon?! The war will be stopped when we win! And we can't trust Jyggalag! He's a daedric prince, he'll deceive us, trick us!"
"Sheogorath didn't."
"Because you and him are related, and he used to be the Hero of Kvatch. His heart is in the right place. Jyggalag's is cold, and icy." said Akatosh
"But he owes Sheogorath for freeing him from being the original Sheogorath."
"Okay, but even if he agrees to help, stop the war? Why not win? You have been fighting to go to Sovngarde this whole time! Why just stop the war?"
"Because I have been fighting for Tamriel. You are using it as a battle ground and the people of it are being affected! I have been trying to save it! Tamriel will be destroyed!" said Argon
"Fine then trust your daedric prince. I must go anyway. A battle is about to start atop of the Throat of the World." Akatosh waved his hand and the image rippled and disappeared.

"Well that went well." said Argon sarcastically as he turned back to face his team, "How's the portal coming?"
"We're done, we just need you to release a pulse from your sword on the area, and the portal should open." said Nerevar
"Alright well stand back then."

The portal area was a little circular mat, with flowers, runes, soul gems soul gem fragments, and some of Sheogorath's blood because the blood of a daedra is required to open a portal to a daedra realm. Argon drew his sword, he held it high over his head with both hands. The team stepped back. Argon brought the blade thundering down, and a blue pulse flew out from the blade. The pulse traveled to the mat, and it hit the invisible mist of spells. As it hit them, there was a spark, it also hit the runes, which blew up and generated more magic while also blew up the soul gems, plants, and fragments. All of the magic generated flew in a mist to the spark and then a blue portal opened up.

"The portal to Jyggalag's realm. It's open. You guys ready to go?" said Sheogorath
"Yeah. We have to now. Akatosh say they are getting ready for a battle on the Throat of the World." said Argon
"The Throat of the World? That's not good that is the tallest mountain and point in Tamriel, any spell that is launched there will be magnified my the magic that the time tear genrates, and then the spell will fly across Tamriel and hit a city. People will die!" said Garnin
"Then we had better hurry." said Sheogorath

The team stepped through the portal and came out in Jyggalag's realm.The realm was completely crystalline. There were crystal obelisks, a crystal sun and sky. Everything was blue, a light shade for order instead of a dark for sad. There were crystalline knights everywhere, houses and structures were made of crystal. In the distance they could see a great crystal castle which the sun reflected off of. Every plant, and blade of grass were crystal, even the light seemed to be crystal. The team stayed together and swiftly knights of order had surrounded them.

"Who are you?" asked one of the knights
"We are of Tamriel, there is a great war there, and we need the help of your leader." said Argon
"Jyggalag has cut himself off from that realm and the rest of Oblivion, go back now." said the knight
"We need his help, we mean you no harm." reasoned Nerevar
"This one is different..." said one of the knights examining Sheogorath
"Daedra!" shouted another
"Not any daedra, but a Daedric Prince!" said the lead knight
"Here to bring Jyggalag back, are you? Well you will not succed." said another knight
"No, we need his help, we think he is the only one who can grant us a power to save out world." said Sheogorath
"That voice.... That is none other than the voice of Sheogorath. He is here to bring madness to Jyggalag and his realm! Stop them! Do not let them through!" commanded the lead knight, "You and your voice are not allowed here Sheogortah. Leave or we will destroy you!"
"I am about to show you MY voice." said Argon, "Let us through."
"Failure to leave makes you fair game. Knights. Destroy these intruders, they are orderless especially the madgod." said the head knight

The knights closed in on the team and they drew their weapons. Sheogorath drew the sword of the Crusader and started burning the knights with it. Fayen drew a glass sword and started slicing the knights in half, eventually he had cut a line through to a hill of crystal where he drew his bow and started shooting. Garnin was going with a war hammer that he used to crush the knights. Nerevar was going with two elven swords that had his name Indoril Nerevar carved in them. With Indoril, the sword in his left hand, and Nerevar, the sword in his right hand, he chopped through the knights with spinning motions. Argon pulled out his sword and when he did the knights around him cringed at the power and energy it gave off. He started swinging it around, he used a power attack, and when the pulse fired out the knights finally recognized the sword as the sword of Jyggalag.

"He wields Jyggalag's power! Run! But do not let them into the castle!!" yelled the head knight right before Argon fired a pulse at him and he disenegrated
"Wow. Glad you have that sword." said Fayen watching the knights run away in fear
"Hey, maybe this sword will be able to get us all the way to Jyggalag." said Argon
"I doubt it. It's only a matter of time before the knights regain their courage and start attacking us again." said Sheogorath
"Can't you use some of your madgod powers here and start making this place crazy?" asked Garnin
"I can, but if I start doing that it is going to seem like I am causing a greymarch in his realm for him doing that to mine for so long. If he thinks we are causing an invasion, he will not be so willing to help us." said Sheogorath
"Well then we have to keep fighting through them. Hopefully we will be able to make it." said Fayen

The team started heading for the castle, they were met with resistance, not much, but the knights really did not want them getting to Jyggalag. Sheogorath did all he could to resist the temptation to turn some of the knights to cheese, but it wasn't easy. Luckily before he ever could Argon would kill them with a pulse from his sword. Finally they were at the castle door. They were stopped by a big knight who demanded they put down their weapons and let him kill them. That didn't work out very well for him. This was the one time Argon allowed Sheogorath to turn someone to cheese since they had entered the realm. Argon tore the cheese apart and found the key to the castle in it. He unlocked the castle door and they went inside. Instantly they were surrounded by guards.

"You have committed crimes against the daedric prince Jyggalag and his realm. What say you in your defense?" said one of the knights
"We need to speak to Jyggalag right away. It is urgent business." said Argon
"Jyggalag will not speak with people who have brought such great disorder to his realm of order." said the knight
"You will take us to him. Or else." said Nerevar
"Or else what?" questioned the knight
"Show him Argon." said Nerevar
Argon raised his sword and fired a pulse at one of the knights. "Or else that." he said
"Please! Have mercy!" pleaded the knight, "We will take you to Jyggalag right away!"

The knights led the team to the throne room where Jyggalag sat perched upon his crystal throne of order. Jyggalag was so crystalline and blue, he looked almost like ice. He had a light mist floating around him. In his hand he held a sword identical to Argon's he probably had a new one made after his defeat in the Shivering Isles. He looked like one of the knights of order except bigger, and his armor was slightly different, his helmet did not cover his whole face so you could see the anger in his eyes. And the sterness of his face.

"Jyggalag." said Sheogorath, "We need your help."
"Sheogorath, great to see you found a way to break into my realm." said Jyggalag
"Please Jyggalag, we desperately need your help." said Nerevar
"I know. Guards, you may go." said Jyggalag, "There is a war going on in your world between the divines and the daedra, and it will destroy all of Tamriel unless I help you."
"How did you know?" asked Fayen
"I am a daedric prince, I keep up with the news of the daedra, and being the daedric prince of order I knew it was only a matter of time before you came searching for my help to bring order back into your world." said Jyggalag
"So will you help?" asked Argon
"Let me get this straight, you break in to my realm, you attack my guards, you bring the daedric prince of madness into a place of complete ORDER. You turn one of my guards to cheese, you wield my blade as if it were your power, you scare off my knights, and turn this place upside down. An you expect me to help you?!" said Jyggalag angrily getting up
"Please, don't you love order? We had order but now everything is crazy. And can't you just snap your fingers and everything will be fine here?" said Garnin
"I can. And I will." said Jyggalag snapping his fingers
"Jyggalag, if I recall correctly, you owe me a favor for freeing you from your curse and taking it on myself." said Sheogorath, "Not that I minded it's pretty cool being Sheogorath."
"Ah that is correct. I suppose I can overlook this whole thing then." said Jyggalag
"Really?" asked Argon
"No. You have caused a Greymarch scare. That is a crime. I should destroy you." said Jyggalag
"But you did that to my realm." Sheogorath pointed out
"But you defeated me."
"So what? Are you saying we should battle?"
"That is exactly what I am saying. If you win I help you, no strings attached. If I win, you are permanently banished from here." said Jyggalag
"Seems fair enough." said Argon
"Oh and only Sheogorath is allowed to compete." said Jyggalag
"Why not us also?" asked Argon
"Because and the end of my greymarch we fought, now at the end of his greymarch we will fight." said Jyggalag
"Well I guess that makes sense." said Nerevar

Then the battle started. A ring of crystalline fire shot up around Sheogorath and Jyggalag. Argon and the team were on the outside, there was some sort of magical barrier so that arrows and spells couldn't go from one side to the other. Jyggalag drew his sword and Sheogorath drew his. Jyggalag charge at Sheogorath and brought his sword crashing down, Sheogorath caught the attack with his blade, he pushed upward on his blade to move Jyggalag's sword back. Once it was high enough, Sheogorath rolled off to the side, Jyggalag, involuntarily releasing the strength he had put into pushing his blade back against Sheogorath, fell forward. Sheogorath stood up and kicked the bent over Jyggalag down. Jyggalag tumbled to the floor, he grabbed Sheogorath's leg and pulled him down. He then climbed on him and pinned him down. He held his sword up to Sheogorath's throat. Sheogorath had to think fast. He grabbed Jyggalag's leg with his hand, he summoned a fire spell. The spell heated up Jyggalag's armor, Jyggalag let out a scream and then jumped off of Sheogorath the spot where his hand had just been was red with heat. Jyggalag, charged at Sheogorath and swung straight across for his chest. Sheogorath jumped back and came forward swinging his sword. Jyggalag sung at Sheogorath but he blocked the attack with his shield. Sheogorath then raised his shield arm and brought the shield slamming into Jyggalag's face. Jyggalag swung and knocked Sheogorath's sword out of his hand, he then went over and stood on the blade. Sheogorath swung his shield and knocked Jyggalag's sword out of his hand also. He too stood on the blade. He strapped his shield or his back, and both him and Jyggalag raised their hands. They unleashed spells. Sheogorath's a spell or madness, Jyggalag's a spell of order. They were both each other's weaknesses. Their rivals. Their opposites. And they were matched. Sheogorath's spell was an orange and green spiral. Jyggalag's also a spiral, was of course, a crystalline blue. The spells matched in the middle and wouldn't move. Finally, Jyggalag's started creeping forward and kept getting closer and closer to Sheogorath. In was about a foot away from hitting him and defeating him when Argon started yelling at him.

"No Grandpa of mine loses!"
"Come on! My Grandpa can do better than that!"
"Sheogorath, you have to win. If not, everything is lost."

That last one really got Sheogorath going, he heard the doubt and worry in Argon's voice, and it got to him. Sheogorath focused all his energy into this on spell, he released for a second and Jyggalag's spell came spiraling at him, Sheogorath got in a ready stance. Then he bent forward, and with all his power thrust his hands out and sent his spell flying forward. The madness of his spell overcame the order Jyggalag's and the spell went back, hit Jyggalag, and sent him flying backwards, only to be caught by the barrier. He fell to the ground defeated. The ring and the barrier dispersed. Sheogorath went over to his sword, picked it up and sheated it. He helped Jyggalag to his feet and got him to his throne.

"I guess, madness really does overcome order." Jyggalag said
"You fought well my friend, I would enjoy doing battle with you again in the future." Sheogorath said
"Good, because I was thinking, maybe I ought to let at least you into my realm. We are so evenly matched, that we make great sparring partners." said Jyggalag
"I would like that. Now, I believe we have a deal." said Sheogorath
"Too true. I will give you a power. Argon, I expect that you know the thu'um right?" said Jyggalag
"Of course I do I am the Dragonborn." said Argon
"Good, then I will give you a shout that will allow you to restore order to your world. Don't worry, the order will not be as hardcore as the order in this realm. It will not turn your world crystalline, it will only bring back peace and order." said Jyggalag
"Thank you." said Argon
"Now, it is a one use shout, after it is used you cannot use it again. I must be done from the highest part of the Throat of the World. Which is where a great battle in your war is taking place right now." said Jyggalag
"To get it to work, you must get to the highest part of the mountain, stab my sword into it, then use the shout on the sword. The magic in the mountain will be channeled to my sword so it will maginfy the shout all across Tamriel, and to get the shout to work, it must be used only on my sword which has some of my powers of order in it which will magnify the order in the shout."
"Okay, what are the words?" asked Argon
Jyggalag waved his hand and a crystal fire burned the dragon words Monahven Vokri Roh into the ground at the front of Jyggalag's throne. "The words mean Throat of the World, Restore, Balance. It is as if the shout is talking to the mountain and telling it to summon its magic. The mountain will obey."
"Thank you Jyggalag." said Sheogorath
"You're welcome. And the shout must be used now, because there is a big fight going on atop of the mountain and spells are being magnified beyond belief and are flying across Tamriel at this very moment and they are destroying cities. I will teleport you there join the battle, and save your world." said Jyggalag

Jyggalag snapped his fingers and the heroes disappeared.

-----------​
At the Throat of the World, the divines and Daedra were prepaing for the final battle in their war.​
"Akatosh, we give you one last chance to turn over Argon's soul." said Peryite​
"It will not happen." said Akatosh​
"Then this is where the victor of this war will be decided." said Nocturnal, back from being banished​
"So be it." said Talos, "This is where the Soul Wars will end."​
"How about we let Tamriel watch as we destroy the divines." said Dagon, he waved his hands and the portals from the beginning of this chapter appeared so that all in Tamriel may see the battle.​
"Let the fight begin." said Boethiah​
Everyone raised their weapons, Peryite went dragon form and started attacking from the skies. Akatosh too took to the skies to do battle with Peryite. The armies clashed, the divines summoned creatures to fight for them, and the Princes summoned daedra to fight for them. It was chaos, spells flying in all directions, divine and daedra powers being magnified and missing their targets and flying to places all over Tamriel. People and cities were being destroyed. The whole continent was in complete chaos and panic. Then something amazing happened. It started in Solitude, but quickly spread across Skyrim, and Morrowind ans Solestheim until the whole continent even the bad people were doing it. They started singing, not just any song, a song to raise their spirits. A song foretelling the come of some one. The Dragonborn comes. It started with one man in Solitude, then the whole city. It was so loud it was heard in another city. Then another. Until everyone who was watching, and that was everyone in Tamriel literally. Was singing​

Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart.
I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.
With a Voice-wielding power of the Ancient Nord art.
Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes.
It's an end to the evil of all Skyrim's foes.
Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes.
For the darkness has passed and the legend yet grows.
You'll know, you'll know, the Dragonborn's come

All through the song, the battle was waged. Creatures, and people dying. Villages being destroyed. Frightened people running for their lives. Children crying, families and lovers huddling together for each other's protection. The song was sung eight times. Then at the end of the eight time, the team appeared on the mountain. All of Tamriel started cheering. They had all heard of the exploits of the Dragonborn and his team, they knew that if there was any chance of them surviving, it was with them. This was the team's last chance to save the world. If they failed here, all hope was gone, and within minutes, Tamriel would be gone. The final stand of the war, was well underway.

ultimatedovahkiin

Coming in 2 weeks:

It's the beginning of the end (possibly the end if I can get it all done that weekend).

As Argon struggles to get to the top of the mountain and use the new shout, all hell breaks loose. There are people dying everywhere. The divines seem to have become blood-thirsty, Argon finds a new power, And the real power at play is revealed.

Will the shout work?

Who will win?

Does Tamriel survive?

What is Argon's new power?

And who is REALLY behind all this?

These questions will all be answered in 2 weeks in the epic conclusion to "Soul Wars"
Also, the beginning of my next fanfic coming possibly next month will be revealed after the story is over.

ultimatedovahkiin

Just so people know, the reason the conclusion comes out next week instead of this weekend is because tomorrow I am going somewhere and will not be back until Saturday. And I really want to try to get the whole conclusion done in one weekend. I am going to split the next chapter into at least two parts, maybe three. So there is at least three (maybe just two if I decide to combine the last chapter with the last part of the next chapter) chapters left, not including the Epilogue. Then I might do the prologue to my next fanfic, that will come out probably next month, it has a story, but lacks a name and a back story and some more powers for the villain.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Man , I can't wait for the last three chapters to come out :D . I mean , I am just loving this story. Greatly done :).

ultimatedovahkiin

Man , I can't wait for the last three chapters to come out :D . I mean , I am just loving this story. Greatly done :).
thank you, if you like it, read my next fanfic it is actually going to be a sequel to this one.

ultimatedovahkiin

the end is only a week away now. get ready for the biggest twist of the story.

ultimatedovahkiin

this is kinda embarrassing... this weekend I have to go stay with my cousins, because my sister is having all of her friends over and I have to be out of the house when she does, so I will probably not get the story done this weekend, it usually takes a couple hours to write just one, and my goal is two each day of the weekend which won't happen when I am over there, I will probably not even get one done. I will try though to get the first chapter of the end out, then finish it NEXT weekend. It will leave off with a really big twist in the story so be ready, oh and the rest of the story except the epilogue will be told from Argon's point of view, since the end of the story revolves around him, it has do be done that way. I am really sorry for the delay, I have been planning and planning this all week, but then this came up and there is nothing really I can do about it. I will update on here before I write the chapter if I can.

ultimatedovahkiin

I'm sorry for the delay, but at long last, the next part is coming tomorrow. I will try to do more this weekend, but I have a project I have to do. But, next weekend and that whole week is spring break. I am most likely not going any where for spring break, so I will be able to finish the story then. The ending is going to be epic, full of death, blood, power, and the twist you never saw coming.

ultimatedovahkiin

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts