• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Chapter 4: Battle of Sovngarde
The daedra were pouring in from all around, portals were opening up and daedra kept coming out. The beautiful land was now litered with daedra everywhere dremoras, spider daedra, scamps, attronachs. Every where firing at him. The divines were no longer standing where they had been watching. Argon looked around and he saw that the divines had charged into battle to fight the daedra. Akatosh had raised his bow and climbed to the top of a hill and started firing arrows from his seemingly-bottomless quiver. Julianos and Zenithar were back to back using their godly magic on the daedra. Mara and Dibella were flying around blasting people daedra from above. Kynareth was controlling the plants and making them wrap around daedra and squeeze them to death. Stendarr was summoning spectral vigilants of stendarr to help assist in the battle while he ran around beheadinf daedra and turning them to dust. Arkay was touching daedra and they would instantly die, he was summoning zombies and skeletons, he also had contacted the souls inside the Hall of Valor and they were now charging out to join the battle. Talos had instatly drawn his sword, gave a battle cry, and charged into battle. At the moment he was surrounded by daedra, but it was easy to tell where he was because you could hear the shouts and see the daedra fly back.
Finally, Argon regained his senses. He raised his sword and charged into battle. He went right into the middle of the battlefield, that's where it was the worst. A daedra tried hitting him with his sword but Argon slashed the daedra in half before he could even finish his swing. Another fell from above and tried to stab Argon in the head, but Argon was too fast. Argon raised his sword and the daedra fell and landed on it. He kicked the daedra of the blade and decided he would do something else. He raised his sword for a power attack and he brought it down with all his might. He hadn't hit any daedra with the blade but he sure dealt some pretty big damage. As soon as he had finished the attack a sharp red beam appeared as if he had just cut through time and space and it flew forward slicing daedra in half and cutting off any limbs that happened to be in the way of the beam. at least five daedra fell to the ground dead, others fell to the ground bleeding because they had lost a leg and could not stand.
Argon turned around to face more daedra but this time he was faced with a giant lizard like daedra thing called a daedroth. The daedroth roarded and a fireball came out of its mouth. Argon dodged and slashed at the monster's leg. Unfortunately, the monster's scales were incredibly strong so all the blade did was give the monster a cut. This seemed to anger the daedroth though, because he roared and again a fireball flew out and Argon expertly dodged again. The daedroth slashed and clawed, but Argon was too fast. He raised his blade and when the daedroth slashed again Argon brought his blade down right on top of the monster's hand and the hand fell off. The daedroth seemed shocked, which gave Argon the perfect chance to stab it in the chest which seemed to be the only unarmored part of its body. The monster instatly stopped and fell over. Argon took his blade from the monster's corpse and wiped it clean. Fireballs were falling from the sky hitting and were landing all over the battlefield. Argon took a minute to look around and examine the battlefield. As he was looking around a daedra snuck up on him and slashed him right across the back. Argon spun around and sliced the head off of the daedra. Blood spurted out and the headless body of the daedra fell to the ground dead. Argon was quickly losing energy, he was able to get to some cover before he fell over.
"Why is it hurting? How am I hurt? I am a soul! I can't get hurt! Can I?" though Argon to himself from his cover.
Argon sat there awhile watching the battle play out before him. At first the souls were doing pretty good then they started retreating back to the Hall of Valor. It seemed like the daedra were going to win. Argon could only hope that the daedra didn't notice him lying there. Unfortunately, luck didn't seem to be on his side today. A group of three dremoras saw him and stopped.
"Ah, the daedric princes have been looking for you." said the first
"It is time you honor your commitments" said the second
"You can't go live in the Hall of Valor, your soul belongs somewhere else." said the third
One of the daedra raised his hand and charged a spell. It was a spell to send him to Oblivion. The spell was fully charged the daedra aimed. In a second Argon would be hurtling through a portal that would dump him in Oblivion at the mercy of the daedric princes. But right as the daedra was about to cast his spell, a blade pirced the body of each daedra. The blades were removed and three heroes stood there.
"Stay here, we will come back for you." said the one in the middle
Then the heroes gave a cry and charged into battle. The rest of the souls saw this and their courage was restored and they charged into battle once more to fight the daedra.
"Who were these people that could restore courage back into many fleeing souls? They must be some pretty big heroes if they are able to do that." Argon thought
This time the daedra were the ones retreating. They started fleeing and running back to their portals. Many were able to get back to the portals and get through in time. The slow ones who got caught in the onslaught from the souls were sliced in half or beheaded. Finally, the daedra were either gone through the portals, or they were dead. Some souls stayed posted at the portals in case any daedra decided they had forgot a beating back in Sonvngarde. Luckily, no more came through the portals. The divines all landed in front of Argon. Kynareth tended to his wounds.
"It doesn't make sense." Argon said
"What doesn't?" asked Julianos
"How were they able to hurt me? I am a soul I am dead I should not be getting hurt." said Argon
"The daedra have a magical ability to hurt and kill souls." explained Julianos
"And what happens if they kill me? I just come back here?"
"Actually, no. If a daedra is able to kill a soul then the soul is completely erased from existence and can only be brought back in the event of a clash between Anu and Sithis." confirmed Julianos
The three heroes who had charged into battle and rekindled the courage in the souls hearts walked over to Argon.
The first hero bent over and held his hand out to Argon. Argon took his hand and allowed him to pull him up. Argon now stood on his feet and the soul introduced himself
"My name is Fayen, also known as the Eternal Champion. I foiled the plans of Jaggar Tharn a couple hundred years ago." said the soul as he shook Argon's hand
"I've heard about you, it's an honor to meet you." said Argon
The next soul shook Argon's hand and introduced himself, "I am Uriel Septim's Agent. But you can call me Garnin. I helped deal with the numidium problem in Daggerfall. Even though I died there I still lived on."
"I heard about that. What was it called? A Dragon Break?" asked Argon
Finally, the last soul took Argon's hand "And I am the Nerevarine. But you can call me by my original name, Indoril Nerevar. I know what you might be thinking I was originally a Dunmer. Well I died and Azura reincarnated me as a Nord. I guess she felt that it would be more intimidating and would show the power of the Daedric Princes."
"Well, this is amazing meeting some of the best heroes of Tamriel." said Argon, "Now, if only the Hero of Kvatch were here."
"Nobody knows what happened to him. He was a Nord so he should be here." said Nerevar
Suddenly, interrupting the moment the ground shook. On top of the hill sixteen portals opened up and out of them stepped the Daedric Princes. Boethiah, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Azura, Nocturnal, Hircine, Vaermina, Clavicus Vile, Hermaeus Mora, Mephala, Merida, Namira, Peryite, Sanguine, Malacath, and finally Sheogorath.
"Argon, you have pledged your soul to us if we promised not to meddle with the affairs of mortals. We have held up our part of the bargain, now you shall hold up your end." said Molag Bal
"Not to me or Vaermina, he destroyed our artifacts! We shall have in and he shall suffer in our realm of Oblivion!" said Azura
"He pledged to guard my sanctuary as a nightingale after death. And he will or he will face destruction." said Nocturnal
"None of you are getting him!" said Akatosh stepping forward, "He is a great hero and will reside here in Sovngarde forever."
"I do not think so, Akatosh, he will serve me in my realm forever more!" said Mehrunes Dagon
"Shut up Dagon, you got knocked down a few pegs after I beat you in the Oblivion Crisis." said Akatosh
"But I still caused a crisis and it became a part of history." said Dagon
"But your so called master plan to take over Tamriel failed." said Akatosh "That must have been pretty embarrassing."
"Argon, just come with us right now and this can all be over." said Molag Bal
"You will never take him, he will reside in the Hall of Valor. You can try to take his soul, but you will not succeed." said Talos strongly
"Fine then, if we cannot have his soul, we will take you up on your offer." said Boethiah, "As of right now, the divines and the daedra are at war."
"We will not back down, you will lose this war, no matter what the price. This is a war you will not win challenging the nine divines to war is like challenging a giant, when you are armed only with a dagger." said Stendarr
"You will lose and Argon's soul will be ours." said Malacath
And with that, the Daedric Princes disappeared.

ultimatedovahkiin

note: I just realized the font size starts acting weird. I am sorry I do not know what is going on with my computer right now but I will try to fix it. I hope you have enjoyed today's chapters, there are more on the way tomorrow.

ultimatedovahkiin

Epic battle! Can't wait to hear about the champion of cyrodiil!
he's coming the next chapter, well he was in this chapter, but he didn't talk and there is also a pretty big surprise with Akatosh in the next chapter also. It should be pretty good, but you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I will try to get it out early in the morning.

Harc

Big Hog
he's coming the next chapter, well he was in this chapter, but he didn't talk and there is also a pretty big surprise with Akatosh in the next chapter also. It should be pretty good, but you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I will try to get it out early in the morning.
Oh man can't wait!

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 5: Forming the Alliance
"A war? Between the daedra and the divines? Tamriel can't handle that!" thought Argon
Everyone including the divines had gathered in the Hall of Valor. The divinies were using it as their home base for the war. They would not let any souls fight in the war with them for fear of them dying and being erased from existence. The divines were discussing the upcoming war and battle strategies. It seemed Talos and Julianos were in charge of this. Being the chief deity of the nine divines Akatosh was in charge of the divines side of the war with Talos being the god of war he was second in command. It seemed Talos was the one doing the most work. Being the god of war and governance would do that to you. Argon and the other heroes that helped him when he was injured were gathered around the table in the middle trying to help the divines plan.
The divines were planning were powerful assaults on the daedra. They would attack all of their shrines all over Tamriel, thus cutting off any worship to them so they would not become more powerful and would not be able to talk to their worshipers to have them carry out deeds for them. Also, this should cause the daedra to come to Tamriel and the divines would be able to face them one on one in Tamriel, without having to attempt to travel to Oblivion. Argon saw what they were doing, they may not have been noticing it but the divines were turning Tamriel into their battle ground! A war this big, between these groups of such powerful beings would surely destroy the battle ground they were using. He tried warning them about what they were doing but they would not listen to him. They usually just shrugged it off like it didn't matter. They seemed so intent on winning this they didn't care what the cost may be, as long as it proved their power and showed the daedra not to mess with them. One major flaw was that this war could go on forever. Both the divines and the daedra were immortal and pretty much invincible. This would surely destroy everything before it even began to end. Tamriel had barely survived the Oblivion Crisis and they won by pure luck.
"If only the Hero of Kvatch were here. He'd know what to do. He faced many daedra when he fought in the Oblivion Crisis. His activeness and heroism in it were what earned him the title Champion of Cyrodiil." thought Argon. But it seemed that was impossible to come true since the hero had disappeared and his body had never been found.
Suddenly, the whole Hall of Valor started shaking wildly. The divines and souls raised their weapons ready to fight. Then, in the middle of the table a portal appeared and out stepped Sheogorath!
"An assault! Divines to arms!" yelled Akatosh
"Calm down, I am not here to fight you." said Sheogorath raising his hands up to show he had no weapons
"Then what do you want? Daedra." Akatosh had said that last word as if in were something nobody would want to be around, something so horrible it hurt to even say its name.
"I wanted to be sure of something." said Sheogorath, "Yes, it is you..."
"What is who?" asked Talos confused
"I have no intent to fight it this war." said Sheogorath
"Why not?" asked Zenithar who was suddenly very interested
"I am not going to fight over the soul of one of my family members."
"Family member?!" exclaimed Argon suddenly
"That and what I came here to check. I cannot fight you Akatosh." said Sheogorath
"Why not? Explain yourself daedra before I send you back to Oblivion!" said Akatosh
"I cannot fight against an old friend."
"Old friend? You are a daedra I am one of the divines, we were never friends!"
"We were, before you became a divine, and before I became a daedra." said Sheogorath
"How do you know about this? Only the divines know!"
"I know, because I watched your death."
"What do you mean? How could you have watched my death?"
"I was there in the Temple of the One when you smashed the Amulet of Kings and became the avatar of Akastosh and sent Dagon back to Oblivion. I fought by your side in the Battle of Bruma, I closed the Great Gate. I went into Mankor Camoron's paradise and retrieved the Amulet of Kings. Take a close look Martin Septim and see who I am." said Sheogorath with such power and courage in his voice the whole room went silent.
"Nobody has called me that for a long time... Tamiir, is it really you?" asked Akatosh/Martin
"Yes, it is the Hero of Kvatch, Savior of Bruma, Champion of Cyrodiil." confirmed Sheogorath/Tamiir
"But how?" asked Martin
"I was going to ask the same of you, although I think I know the answer. Here's how it happened, about a year after the Oblivion Crisis ended somehow Sheogorath opened a door to his realm of Oblivion. I entered and apparently the madgod had been expecting me. I went to see him in his palace and I did many things for him as his champion. Eventually, I became Duke of Mania. This was all happening at the time of the Greymarch a period of time in which the daedric prince Jyggalag came and would destroy the Shivering Isles, Sheogorath's plane of Oblivion. He always disappeared at that time. Eventually he explained to me that he was Jyggalag. The Daedric Princes feared his power and turned him into Sheogorath. At the end of every era Jyggalag was allowed to return to himself temporarily. Before he transformed, Sheogorath made me, the new madgod. Then when Jyggalag attacked the palace, I battled and defeated Jyggalag and Jyggalag was now allowed to stay himself forever without ever turning back into Sheogorath. He then left the Shivering Isles and I was in charge. And that is how it happened, ever since then I have been the madgod Sheogorath. It really annoys Dagon though, because I was one of the ones responsible for him being defeated in the Oblivion Crisis and now I am a Daedric Prince, I bug him about how we beat him all the time and there is nothing he can do about it because now I have just as much power as him if not more. Now, tell me how you came to be Akatosh." said Sheogorath the room once again becoming silent as he spoke
"What an interesting story... Now, as you know, I smashed the Amulet of Kings became Akatosh's avatar and battled Mehrunes Dagon." explained Martin, "Then, after the battle, when Akatosh left the dragon, instead of staying the dragon and being stone, Akatosh brought me with him. Leaving some of his blood within the dragon to keep the Oblivion Gates closed. Him and I spoke and he asked if I would stay him. I accepted and him and I combined once more and an everlasting bond was formed. I became him instead of just being his avatar. His spirit came inside of me and him and I became one. Since then I have been one of the divines."
"Well I guess we both rose to become gods. I guess that is our reward for fighting in the Oblivion Crisis." laughed Sheogorath, "And don't worry as madgod, I still have to live up to my name as a Daedric Prince, but I do not kill people as much as the old Sheogorath. Sometimes I have to, but it is not as often and I am not as brutal."
"So, the madgod has gone soft, huh?" joked Akatosh
"I've been soft, it was the old Sheogorath who wasn't." said Sheogorath
"Now, how about you explain this family member thing to me." said Argon.
"Well it's rather simple, now that you know my story." said Sheogorath, "Like you I am a Breton, and you are my great-grandson. So we are family."
"No wonder you seemed so nice to me last time I saw you when you gave me the wabbajack." said Argon
"Excatly, you are one of my family members, and I love you great-grandson." said Sheogorath, "I am not going to battle for you soul and then confine you in my realm of Oblivion if that is not what you want to do."
"Well that is very generous." said Argon, "So you're the Hero of Kvatch right?"
"Yes, I know pretty cool being descended from a hero as great as me."
"Yeah it is! Can I talk to you and you other three heroes over there?" asked Argon pointing to a place across the room where nobody else was.
"Sure, what do you want to talk about? Is someone troubling you? Because I will turn them into a chicken." said Sheogorath
"You'll see." said Argon
They all went over to the area Argon had just been pointing to. Argon had explained to them why he needed to talk to them. He had a plan, a war this big would surely destroy Tamriel, but if Tamriel's greatest heroes came together to form a team, they would probably be able to stop the war and save Tamriel.
"I like this plan," said Nerevar, "I'm in."
"Me too." said Fayen
"Sure." said Garnin
"Sounds like a pretty great adventure. And I will get to spend some time with my great-grandson and go on an adventure to save Tamriel with him. And I will also get to do it with the other few of Tamriel's greatest heroes." said Sheogorath, "I'll do it. There's just one problem."
"And what is that?" asked Argon
"If I fight against the daedra they will never accept me back in." said Sheogorath
"We are not exactly fighting against them. And besides if they win and end up with my soul, it will cause a civil war between THEM. They will be fighting over who's realm my soul will go to. The war will tear them apart and it will also probably destroy Tamriel. We need to make sure that doesn't happen. The divines need to win. And we are not fighting for the Divines either. We need to stop the war not assist it."
"But if we are not fighting for the Divines and we are not fighting for the daedra," started Fayen
"Then who are we fighting for?" said Garnin finishing his thought
"We are fighting for Tamriel, to keep it intact and its inhabitants alive." answered Argon
"Then it's settled," said Nerevar, "From this day forward we are a team. We will fight until we die, or until we save Tamriel."
"We are going to need a base though, somewhere big and strong. It has to be save and able to withstand any attacks on it." said Argon
"Are you forgetting that I have my own plane of Oblivion? I have a great castle with many guards to defend it. And no Daedric Prince would be stupid enough to attack me in my plane of Oblivion, I control it if anyone attacks I can make the place do whatever I want to destroy the invader." said Sheogorath
"Then it is settled, we base ourselves in the Shivering Isles and we use the palace as our fortress. Anybody who attacks us will get more than they bargained for." said Argon, "Today we begin something new, we begin a team that will protect and serve Tamriel in its times of need. We will be known as The Heroes of Tamriel and we will not stop until Tamriel is safe from danger."
"Sheogorath, teleport us to the Shivering Isles." said Fayen
"Right away." said Sheogorath, he snapped his fingers and they disappeared

ultimatedovahkiin

I am sorry I was only able to get one chapter out today, I had to help with Christmas shopping and then I went to go and hang out with my cousins who live far away from me and I only get to see them at Christmas. So, over the course of the next few days I will probably only be able to get one chapter out a day.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 6: The Beginning of the End
The team reappeared somewhere else. They were in the throne room of a great palace. There were trophies all along the walls and near the back was a throne made of stone. From the top of the throne to the bottom of the seat was a cloth that in the middle had a line drawn down it. If you were sitting in the throne the half on the right of the cloth was red and the half on the left was blue. There was a small staircase of about four steps leading up to the throne. From the top of the steps to the end of the room ran a long cloth like the one on the throne, only this one was bigger. The colors were the same and in the same spots as the ones on the throne. Also, there were steps leading up to a more elevated area, it wasn't like a second floor or anything like that, it was just more elevated. The are with the throne was in a little basin-like spot and that was the main part of the room. Behind the throne was a waterfall, with herbs and plants growing around it. Also, in the throne area stood the court healer who healed the heroes even though they didn't need it. Finally, there was a man standing there he wore all black, black pants, black top, and black shoes. The only thing not black was from the shoulders up. He had a red neck piece type-thing that went up to his chin, at the top there were points, they weren't sharp it was fabric, all around in a circle so he looked significantly like a flower with a head sticking out of it. He had no hair on the top part of his head, but around the sides he had short brown hair.
"Ah, Haskill, it would seem the Daedric Princes are at war with the divines." said Sheogorath
"Well then sir we should start preparing you for battle." replied Haskill
"Good, send a guard to fetch me some weapons and armor. Oh, and bring me my staff!"
Haskill dispatched a guard and then he asked, "If you do not mind lord, may I ask what the war is over?"
"My great-grandson! Can you believe it?" answered Sheogorath
"That is quite ironic lord. Shall I contact one of the other princes and receive their battle plans?" asked Haskill
"No, I have to intentions to fight with them in this war." said Sheogorath
"Sheogorath doesn't want to fight in a war? The madgod does not want to fight in a war? Wars are full of madness. If you do not want to fight, then why do you need weapons?" asked Haskill thoroughly confused
"Oh I am fighting in the war, just not for the Princes, and not for the divines either."
"Then who are you fighting for?" asked Haskill
"Tamriel. If this war happens, Tamriel will be destroyed." said Argon speaking up
"And, if the Princes win, it will cause a civil war between them over which realm of Oblivion Argon's soul will go to." said Nerevar
"And that war will tear the Princes apart and unrest will happen everywhere. Especially in Oblivion." said Garnin
"And two major wars, back-to-back like that will surely destroy whatever is left of Tamriel after this war is over." finished Fayen
"Well, I suppose that makes sense. But lord, who are these people?" asked Haskill
Sheogorath explained everything that happened from him going back to the Hall of Valor to him revealing himself as the Champion of Cyrodiil. Then the reveal about Martin Septim being Akatosh. He ended with Argon pulling him and the rest of the heroes aside and they formed the team.
"One thing I am confused about, I am a Breton, but Nerevar says you are a Nord. So what are you? You kind of have to be a Breton to be my great-grandfather. But I want to clear this up." said Argon
"Of course I am a Breton! I have to be or we could not be related!" laughed Sheogorath
Argon turned and looked at Nerevar as if to say I told you so.
"Okay, so I was wrong. How would I know? I left on and adventure to Akavir before he even became a famous hero!" cleared up Nerevar
"Whatever, it doesn't matter. We still need to be worried about how we are going to stop the war." said Fayen
"Well, for now I say we lay low until something big happens, then we need to be there as soon as possible to try to deal with it. That's the only plan we have for now, we have no idea what course this war will take." said Argon
Just then a guard walked in carrying a sword, bow, arrows, and a staff for Sheogorath she handed it to him and said, "I overheard you talking, and you might want to hurry and get ready."
"And why is that?" asked Sheogorath
"Because all over Tamriel Oblivion Gates are opening. It's like a second Oblivion Crisis but, with the divines and daedra battling it out to the end." answered the guard and then she walked off
"We need to get going. Now." said Argon
"We can't, if they are opening all over, where should we go first?" said Garnin
"Well knowing the Princes, if they war is over Argon, most of the fighting is going to be happening in Skyrim his home. So we need to go there, we need to close the gate outside of Solitude because they will want the capital first." said Sheogorath
"Okay, so we have that down, but we need to settle something else, if one of us dies, except for Sheogorath we are gone from existence." said Garnin
"Well that's an easy fix, if any of you are about to die call for me and I will send you back here. I have a spell that will let me teleport me back here if I am almost dead. I can probably use it on other people also, but it will pull you out of battle. Then you will not be fighting for the rest of the battle, the court healer will heal you, but there is no way you will be able to get out of here unless I let you because I closed the Cyrodiil door a couple years ago." said Sheogorath
"Okay so we know the location, we know what to do when we are hurt, but what is the battle plan?" asked Fayen
"Hit them hard, and hit them fast." answered Argon
"Okay, then I'll teleport us there." said Sheogorath, he cast a spell and they teleported to Solitude
When they got there there were daedra running rampant through the streets. The guards were attempting to hold them back but there were too many of them. The team appeared in the middle of the battle they took a quick look around and saw all the damage the daedra had already done. There were fires raging, The Winking Skeever was burning, bodies were lying all over, Radiant Raiment had debris blocking the door so nobody could get it -- or out. There was a guard slowly dying and was leaned up against the well. He had a long gash that had sliced through his and blood was pouring out of it. He was riddled with arrows all over his chest. The smith must make some pretty good armor because especially with a long gash already, all of the arrows should have killed this guy. He was barely alive, but still he was alive. The team walked over to him and Argon knelt by his side.
"I must already be in Sovngarde, I thought I had longer, but I am already seeing Tamriel's biggest heroes." said the guard
"No, you are not dead. Yet." said Argon, "We are really here, we are here to help save Tamriel again, this time we are doing it as a team."
"What is going on? Oblivion Gates are popping up all over Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel. I thought they were sealed forever. Something really bad must be happening." said the guard
"The divines and the daedra are at war. They are using Tamriel as their battle ground." said Fayen
"I don't think the sealed gates act really matters right now." said Garnin
"Tell us what happened here." said Sheogorath
"It was just a normal day. People were taking care of business, children were running around playing and having fun like normal. I was on my shift, all was quiet. I was getting rather bored and I felt like it was just going to be a normal day again. So, I allowed myself to doze off for a little while, after you brought peace to Tamriel, there was really nothing bad happening here which I was fine with. But awhile after I dozes off, there was a rumbling like an earthquake or a dragon landing right next to me. I woke up with a start and I gazed over the edge of the wall. Out of the ground was a weird rock formation that looked like the symbol for Oblivion, then I saw the orange portal in the middle and I realized that it was an Oblivion Gate! The portal finished rising and daedra started pouring out of it, I fired a couple arrows into them, I know I killed at least three, but there were too many of them." the guard gave out a loud groan as if the arrows were really hurting, which they probably were.
Argon put his hand on the guard's shoulder and said, "It's okay hold still"
Argon the raised his hand and cast the Grand Healing spell which healed everyone near him, and the guard. The guard instantly stood up feeling fine and insisted he return to the battle.
"No, you need to rest, you have done good. Besides, someone needs to get those arrows out of you." said Garnin
"You're right, take me to Castle Dour Courtyard, that's where we made our base. We fortified it the minute the daedra started pouring out of the gate." said the guard
They took the guard up to the courtyard of Castle Dour and someone else took him inside so he could rest and have the arrows removed. The team then went to go speak to the Captain of the Guards.
"Alright men, grab arrows, swords, shields and get out there! If we lose this city, then we have lost Skyrim! We cannot afford to let the daedra take over!" yelled the Captain
"You're doing a great job." said Argon
"Dragonborn? Is that you? But you're-"
"Dead? Yeah I know, I am a soul, and I would imagine you would recognize my team? The other heroes of Tamriel? We are here to stop this Crisis." said Argon
"Well, that's great news! It is an honor to meet you other other heroes." said the Captain
"Thanks, now tell us, how bad are things?" asked Garnin
"Well look around, the situation is pretty terrible. I am losing men by the minute, eventually I am going to be completely out and then the daedra can just storm the city and take the palace, if they do that, the city is theirs and the daedra have Skyrim." said the Captain
"Well, we are going to have to make sure that doesn't happen. Understand team?" said Argon
"What is happening though? Why are the daedra so suddenly attacking?" asked the Captain
"They are not trying to take over Tamriel again, that is for sure. It is a war between the divines and the Daedric Princes both sides will stop at nothing to get what they want and win the war." answered Fayen
"Well, that's just great. I hope you guys have a plan. We really need you right now." said the Captain hopefully
"Well at the moment the plan is to close this gate. The daedra only want Skyrim so they will have more power against the divines, it will turn Skyrim into a safe haven for the daedra, and we cannot let that happen." said Garnin
"And it won't, what you need to do is put us on the front line right now, call back your men so that you do not lose anymore. We will take out the daedra ourselves" said Nerevar
"Are you crazy? And risk losing Solitude? With all do respect heroes, there are only five of you I do not think you will be able to hold them back." said the Captain
"Call them back or I will shout you into that Oblivion Portal and you will be fair game for any daedra inside." said Argon
"Men, fall back!" yelled the Captain, "Come back to Castle Dour hurry!"
"Good choice," said Argon "Only send men in when we ask you to."
"Alright, I hope you know what you're doing."
The guards were all falling back to Castle Dour, which meant the team had to work quick, if they were not fast enough getting onto the battlefield, then the daedra would take advantage of the window they had just opened for them and they would be able to take the city. Quickly, the team sprung into action. As the guards were coming back to the courtyard the heroes were running towards the battle. Argon almost ran into a few guards so he had to slow down so he wouldn't knock anyone over. Finally, they reached the battle but it was too late. The daedra were already pushing forward a little bit more and they would be in the residence part of the city. The guards had done a pretty good job keeping them out of that area, but now that they were retreating to the courtyard the daedra were able to move forwards. If they got there, they would be a step closer to reaching the palace and taking over the city. And if that happened.... No, Argon didn't even want to think about it. The daedra would have Skyrim, they would send their troops to take the other holds. So many people would die in that onslaught. And where were the divines?! Shouldn't they be here helping? A whole city was about to be taken over and then the daedra would be able to take over on of the Provinces of Tamriel. They had better be fighting a bigger battle somewhere else. Argon's thoughts were interrupted by a daedra charging at him with its sword raised.
Argon drew his sword and when the daedra was close enough he cut the daedra's head clean off of its body. The head flew through the air and landed in the well.
"Argon! We need to somehow push these daedra back out of the city gate!" called Sheogorath
"I know! I'm working on a plan!" Argon rapidly started thinking of a way to push these daedra outside
Finally, it came to him, he knew what he would have to do. He only hoped one part of the plan was still alive.....
"Captain! Quick get everyone inside the castle!" Argon yelled
The Captain seemed to have heard him as he came out for the courtyard gave Argon thumbs-up and then went back inside and started yelling at the men.
Now that, that was taken care of Argon called to Sheogorath and Nerevar, "You two need to go open up the city gates!"
"Alright we're on it!" replied Nerevar
"Okay, Fayen and Garnin, you two need to push the daedra together in a group wide enough to go through the gates!" yelled Argon
"But what about you?" they yelled back
"You'll see just do it!"
"Alright, but this had better work!" yelled Garnin
Sheogorath and Nerevar fought through the daedra horde to the gates so that they could clear out any daedra coming in and blocking the gates. Garnin and Fayen got on either side of the horde and killed every daedra that was outside of the line of the gate. Argon killed any daedra that got to close to him or the residence part of the city. Eventually, Sheogorath and Nerevar had cleared out enough daedra that Argon could push the daedra out of the city. Garnin and Fayen had cleared out the daedra on the sides so now the daedra could be pushed out of the city without any daedra being left behind inside the city walls.
Now, it was time for Argon's part, "FUS RO DAH!"
The daedra army flew backward and flew outside the city, a lot of the daedra flew over the hill and landed on the ground at the bottom of the hill effectively killing them. Sheogorath and Nerevar then closed the gates to Solitude and the team regrouped. Now for the next part. Argon shouted two more times. One to summon his dragon Odahviing and a second time to arouse the lightning of and storms of Skyrim. The sky went dark and it started raining, lightning started striking everywhere killing many daedra. A roar was heard in the distant and within a minute Odahviing was above head breathing fire on the daedra and burning them to a crisp. The lightning fried the daedra and Odahviing cooked them everyone was fighting their hearts out. The team was winning, but still the daedra kept coming. Argon knew that eventually the storms would die down and a big part of their lead would be lost. They had to close that gate, but how? Nobody knew how except....
"Sheogorath!" Argon called, "You need to close that gate!"
"Why me?" Sheogorath called back
"Because you are the only one who know how to!"
"Do you think I knew how to close them when I closed the Kvatch one? No! I just charged in there!"
"Just do it!" cried Argon
"Alright fine!" Sheogorath called back
Sheogorath finished impaling a daedra and he charged across the battlefield to the gate. He hesitated a moment, then he entered the gate.

ultimatedovahkiin

Note: There is a very good possibility I will not be able to get one out tomorrow, this is also the only one I can get out today. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Also, starting the next chapter the story will no longer be told from just Argon's point of view every chapter it will switch between the team members. It will still be told from Argon's point of view every five chapters It was told from his point of view for awhile because he was so important and crucial to the story, he still is, but he was the reason for the war and the starting of the team and becoming their leader so I had to do it like that.

Harc

Big Hog
Tomorrow is Christmas! I would be surprised if anyone coups do anything on here tomorrow. Still great chapter!

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 7: Into Oblivion
Sheogorath was standing in Oblivion. All around him there was lava, strange plant life, and rocks. In fact, it seemed as though he was on an island of rock in the middle of a sea of lava. There were four buildings, three smaller ones that formed a triangle around a bigger one. Each of the smaller buildings had a pathway that connected the small towers to the big one, but the middle of the path was broken off so it was unusable. He was in Dagon's realm of Oblivion, he knew what he had to do. In each of the smaller towers there was a switch, he had to get to the top of each tower and flip the switch. After each switch was flipped, it would open up the big gate blocking him from getting to the big tower. He had to get in the big tower if he wanted to close the Oblivion gate. Once in the big tower he would have to make it to the top and get to the Sigilum Sanguis. Once there he would be able to grab the Sigil Stone that kept the Oblivion Gate open and the gate would collapse. So he had his plan, but there was one problem. Where were all of the daedra that had been pouring out of the gate only recently? Then they jumped out at him.
They took him by complete surprise. But being the Daedric Prince Sheogorath had its perks. He quickly regained his sense then quickly he drew his sword, he'd forged it himself and enchanted it with a custom effect. Whoever it hit would either, disenegrate, be transformed into a rabbit, or they would turn into cheese. He quickly swung it sideways and five daedra all turned into cheese wheels. More and more daedra kept coming it seemed that for each daedra he killed, five more took its place. Nevertheless, he kept attacking, daedra kept turning to rabbits and hopping into the lava where they burned, disenegrated into ash, or turned into cheese wheels. They just kept coming! Sheogorath could not keep doing this, he would try to stop them but behind his back daedra were escaping through the portal. He knew his friends were counting on him. They were probably growing very tired by now soon they would be too tired to fight anymore and the daedra would kill them and make them disappear from existence. They would spare Argon, just to take him to the other Daedric Princes where he would be forced to live in one of their realms. That was NOT an option, nobody would force his great grand-son into an afterlife like that. That thought gave Sheogorath more adrenaline. He then remembered his staff. It could buy him some time, but he had to be fast. He sheathed his sword and pulled his staff out from behind his back. He fired it at a daedra, direct hit.
A loud booming voice, the voice of Sheogorath yelled, "HOLD!"
The daedra stopped, they were frozen. But only temporarily, eventually they would be relased, he had to be fast in getting out of the horde. He took off running down the path towards the first tower. He was at the door when he heard the voice yell, "RELEASE!" He looked behind himself towards the daedra, they were clearly confused on where he had went, but they remembered that they had a job to do. Then they once again started pouring into the portal to the mortal world. Sheogorath then remembered his friends and how they needed him to close the gate. He opened the door and walked into the tower. Inside there were tons of spikes sticking up from the ground, there were no daedra which was odd. But the platform he needed to stand on was raised up already. Across the room there was a switch used to lower the platform. He walked to the switch and pulled it. The platform started lowering. When it finally reached the ground Sheogorath had already drawn his sword. He had gotten a glimpse of the platform as it was coming down. There were about ten Dremora Lords on it. They had also drawn their weapons and they quickly got off and ran at Sheogorath. Sheogorath slashed one of them in half, the next he transformed into cheese. He then impaled two at once, then he cut off another's head, picked it up, and threw it at the next daedra, the horns of the head impaled the Dremora and killed it. He then cast a spell on two and they killed each other, the remaining two were so scared that they killed themselves. Sheogorath stood there surrounded by ten dead dremora that he had just made short work of. He turned around, pulled the switch, and ran and jumped onto the rising platform. At the top he there was a spiral staircase which he walked up. At the top of the staircase there was a daedroth guarding the switch. It instantly charged at him and he dove out of the way. The daedroth fell of the edge and was impaled by the spike in the middle of the platform. Sheogorath flipped the switch and then went back to the platform. He stood on it then flipped a switch against the wall and it started descending. Then a thought popped into his head, he had forgot about the spikes at the bottom! They would stab through the platform killing anything on it, it was a wonder the spikes had missed the dremoras. Or had they? They clearly had but it was because the dremoras had jumped off in time. He was still too high up to jump, a fall like that would surely leave him badly wounded. It wouldn't kill him since he was a Daedric Prince, but it would still leave him wounded for a while. He didn't have a while though his friends were surely tired by now, but they were probably still fighting their hearts out.
With some quick thinking, Sheogorath jumped off the platform at just the right moment leaving him unharmed. He did the same thing with the next few towers. Finally, it was time for the big tower, he entered and found himself pitted up against three daedroths. All at once they shot fireballs at him. He dove out of the way and drew his sword. He charged at the first daedroth, dodging attacks from the other two. He tried to stab it with his sword but it failed and his sword shattered into three pieces. That left him weaponless. He still had his staff, but it was running low on charge and he hadn't brought anything to charge it with. He picked up the pieces of his sword and threw them into his backpack. He would have to fix it later. For now he would have to make do with his Daerdic Prince powers.
He fired some fire magic at the daedroths but it bounced harmlessly off of their scales. He tried frost, nope. He had one idea left. He used lightning, that seemed to do something. He realized that they were weak to lightning. He summoned a cloud of lightning above his head. Lightning came down and zapped the daedroths it bounced off the walls and went everywhere, when it was gone the daedroths were ash, also some ash fell on him from above.
"I must have zapped whatever was up there also." Sheogorath though to himself.
He went through the tower killing whatever attacked him by binding them, zapping them, crushing them, summoning a black vortex to suck them into so they would never be seen again. Finally, he reached the Sigilum Sanguis. He opened the door and walked into the big round room. The ground was red, not from blood or anything like that. But it was made of a rather fleshy material, nevertheless it supported him and everything else that stood on it. It could probably hold a lot because there were about thirty daedra and dremora standing on it. They all attacked him at once. In the fight that occurred, Sheogorath was captured. They held him by all of his limbs and carried him to the Sigil Stone.
"I suppose you were looking for this? Weren't you hero? Well that's too bad you see, because you can't have it." said one of the dremora
"We were told to protect it from scum like you." said another
"You had better watch who you are calling scum." said Sheogorath
"And why is that?" asked the first
"Because, you never know when you might have caught one of your bosses." replied Sheogorath
"Our bosses are all at war! Besides, why would they want to close a gate?"
"Really? Are they ALL at fighting with the divines right now?" asked Sheogorath
"Yes, why do you care?"
"Well because I'm not."
"But you are not a Daedric Lord."
"You dare call Sheogorath not a Daedric Lord?! How dare you!"
"You are not Sheogorath."
"Oh but I am."
"Then prove it!"
"Gladly."
"Good luck pulling that off." said the Dremora rolling its eyes
"I don't need luck to demonstrate my own power."
"You should be ashamed, calling yourself Sheogorath. I should call on him to smite you."
"Then go ahead, I am sure he would answer. He will even appear to you in person."
"I will. Oh Lord Sheogorath! Madgod! I call on you to smite this hero who dares claim to be you!" said the Dremora
Sheogorath disappeared from the dremoras grasp and reappeared floating in mid-air above the Sigil Stone. "Where is this hero?" he asked
"I've no idea how you are doing that put this does not prove anything." said the dremora
"Well what else can I do?"
"Make some of us go crazy."
Sheogorath waved his hand and instantly, twenty dremora fell to the ground groaning that something was coming for them and that they needed to run.
"Lord Sheogorath... It is you... I am sorry, please have mercy on me!" said the dremora
"Of course." said Sheogorath waving his hand again. Then all of the dremora in the room disenegrated, "Oops." he said with a grin
Sheogorath landed and grabbed the Sigil Stone. Instantly the world started shaking, the gate was closing! But why wasn't it spitting him out? It had every other time he had closed a gate! So why wasn't it this time? Then it hit him, every time he had closed a gate, it had spit him out because he was a mortal! Well, now he was a Daedric Prince! He wasn't mortal anymore, only mortals would be spit out, not daedra! Sheogorath had to quickly think of a plan. Perhaps he could try to control the land here, even though it wasn't his plane of Oblivion. He then tried controlling the land to propel him forward as he ran out of the tower. He was also trying to control the land so that it would shorten and he would get to the gate faster before it closed. He was almost there. He could see the gate ahead of him. He was so close. But even with the land coming towards him and propelling him forward, he wasn't fast enough. He tried with all him might to summon a gust of wind, but it was too late. The gate was closed.
Sheogorath sat there, at least he had been able to close the gate. But now he was trapped with no way out. Suddenly, he felt something weird, like a window into the mortal world. He had no idea what it was, it could even be a trap. But he followed it regardless. He appeared outside of Solitude. The team was standing there surrounded by the bodies of hundreds of daedra. He was about to ask how he had got there when Argon explained that they had summoned him to get him out of the portal. After reporting to the captain that the gate had been closed and the daedra were all dead, they went back to Sheogorath's palace. Where they discussed plans for their next strike.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 8: The Battle for the Imperial City
The heroes were all gathered in Sheogorath's throne room discussing plans. Nerevar was standing by listening for most of it mainly because he could not think of anything. They had saved Skyrim from being taken over, but where else could they go? And what could they do? They couldn't keep closing Oblivion Gates, Dagon would just keep making more and more. But there had to be something they could do. They needed a solution for the war, but they couldn't think of anything. Nerevar kept trying and trying to think of something but nothing came to mind. Then suddenly, a disturbing thought crossed his mind. They had saved Skyrim from being taken over, but the daedra may try to take over other provinces. And who said that they wouldn't try to capture Skyrim again? These thoughts led to an even worse one. If the daedra wanted Skyrim because they would have a lot of control because that's where most of the fighting would be going on. Then why would they not want to take over the battlefield? Why just try to take over one little portion of the battlefield, when they could capture the whole battlefield? If they were to do that, then more and more chaos would happen, not only because of the war, but because the daedra would be in charge.
They could not let that happen. Nerevar offered this idea to the team. They all stopped and looks came across all of their faces as if to say How were we so stupid to not think of that? Then after they got over the big shock of this they sprung into action. Instantly they were grabbing their weapons, except Sheogorath who's weapon had broke and now lay in three pieces in his forge room, and they were strapping on some armor. After they were ready Sheogorath summoned a portal to Cyrodiil. They stepped through the portal and came out and they were standing on an island in the middle of a lake.
"Sorry guys, I guess when I opened the portal it reopened this one instead of opening a new one." Sheogorath apologized
"It's alright, there's no time to try and open a new one to the Imperial City, so we just have to go now." said Argon
Argon shouted twice and two dragons flew above head and landed in front of the team.
"Odahviing, Durnehviir, we need you to fly us to the imperial city. It is very urgent so we need you to go fast, please." said Argon
"Climb on our backs and we'll be off." said Odahviing
"We will go very fast, you may want to hold on tightly or you may fall off." said Durnehviir
"I'll handle that." said Sheogorath, and when everyone was on the dragons' backs he waved his hand and straps appeared around the heroes waists to keep them from falling off.
The dragons took off and quickly flew threw the air, within no time they were flying above the Imperial City. From above they could see the whole thing, every district in the city was visible. The thing that stood out the most though, was the Temple of the One. It had been pretty messed up after the Oblivion Crisis, but they had fixed it, it was widened, and the roof was higher, probably to hold the dragon in there. They could also see the onslaught going on in the Talos Plaza. Dremora were pouring out of a gate that had been opened up guards were once again trying to subdue the daedra and people were running ion fear and cowering behind buildings. There were screams, and people yelling for the divines to save them. As the dragons flew above the Talos Plaza Nerevar had an idea. He commanded the dragons to let out a loud roar. The dragons, clearly confused, obeyed and let out a great loud roar. Then everything went silent. The whole Talos Plaza were looking up at the dragons. Then Nerevar commanded the dragons to breath fire upon the daedra. The dragons content with this order let out a blast of fire and burnt many of the daedra.

"Now, take us in low and drop us off." said Nerevar, "Then fly above head and burnt all of the daedra, kill them all. And if you can, try to disrupt the Oblivion Gate, that will help us because there will be no more daedra coming."
The dragons obeyed and dropped the heroes off, after they dropped them off the dragons flew back above head. The daedra snapped out of it and started attacking once more. The heroes raised their weapons, Sheogorath raised his hands will spells in them, and they charged into battle. Fire from the dragons spewed across the battle and almost burnt Nerevar a few times. At least the dragons were trying to watch out for them. Nerevar swung his weapon and a daedra and sliced its arm clean off. Blood spewed out for a second and then stopped. The daedra was angered and he tried using one hand to swing his two-handed sword and Nerevar. The dremora wasn't so lucky because the sword slipped and the dremora dropped it into its own foot. The dremora was very angry but also weak. Nerevar decided to put it out of its misery and he stabbed it in the chest with his blade. Then he ran off to fight more daedra, there came a few times in which a daedra almost stabbed him and killed him, but he had enough experience to dodge the attack the attacks and then kill the daedra. The heroes were doing good, but not good enough, they had to get that gate closed. And after what had happened with Sheogorath they didn't want to send him back in there. And the heroes were no longer mortals, they were souls. What is they weren't spit out? They would be locked up for sure! And if Argon, were to get caught in there then the daedra would win the war, so there was no way Argon was ever going in there. The dragons had to disrupte it, it was the only way. But how? With their fire? It had to work.
"Odahviing! Durnehviir! Give the rocks on the portal everything you got! You have to destroy them and close the gate!" shouted Nerevar
The dragons heard the command and they spewed fire all over the rocks and heated them up greatly. Finally, the rocks burst, and the gate with a mini explosion, closed. The team had their hopes restored and so did the city watch. The guards rejoined the battle and the heroes fought harder than they had the whole fight. Finally, the gate was gone and the daedra were dead. They had saved Tamriel, again. But they still had to save it from total anihilation. Sheogorath teleported the team back to his palace to rest. After awhile one of the Dark Seducers, which were the dementia guards in the Shivering Isles, came in with some news that greatly disturbed Argon.
The Dark Seducer reported, "I have recieved news that Lakeview Manor is under attack."

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 9: Escape From Lakeview Manor
Garnin did not understand why Argon was so distraught over this. From the moment the Dark Seducer Guard told Sheogorath about the attack on Lakeview Manor, Argon had been pacing around the room worried about something. Maybe something important was there, maybe if the daedra captured the house and found whatever it was, they would be able to win the war. Everyone else seemed to be wondering why he was so upset also. The only person who seemed to not be curious was Sheogorath.

"He probably knows whats wrong, he's most likely been watching him." thought Garnin

Something seriously important was there if at attack on this house could upset the dragonborn that badly. Also, why would the daedra care about that place? Seriously, it's just a house out near a lake away from civilization. Finally, Garnin decided that they go there.

"Alright, Argon, you are really upset about this attack, there must be something of importance there. Also, why would the daedra care about this small little house out in Falkreath? Something big is there so we have to go save that house." said Garnin taking charge
"He's right, we have to go there, find out why the daedra are attacking and stop the attack." said Fayen
"Whatever is there must be important, we should leave right away if whatever this is goes to the daedra they might be able to win." said Nerevar
"Guys, what's there, it's not a device or weapon or anything like that." said Sheogorath
"So you do know what's there. Well, what is it?" asked Garnin
"My family." said Argon
"Your family?" asked Garnin to confirm that is what he heard
"Yes, Lakeview Manor was my home, I had lived there many years with my family, a few years back my daughters moved out. One of them moved to Whiterun I gave her my house there and my other daughter moved back to Riverwood." said Argon
"Well then why would your daughters be there if they moved out?" asked Fayen
"Because, I died there. They came to visit me before my death with their boyfriends whom they are supposed to marry next month. That was only two days ago, they are still there mourning my death as a family." answered Argon, with each word he seemed to get more upset
Garnin walked over to him and put his hand on Argon's shoulder and said, "Don't worry, we will get them out of there, the daedra will not get them."
This seemed to make Argon feel better but he still had one question, "Where will we take them? Any where they go the daedra will be able to find them and attack them again. No where on Tamriel is safe from this war."
"We can bring them here." said Sheogorath, "This place is safe, the daedra are not allowed to invade each other's plane of Oblivion. And, if they try then I can easily stop them, as I am the ruler of this plane. Nothing can get past me here.I will open up a portal inside the house and we can have the family go through the portal and into the Shivering Isles."
"Then we should really be heading out right now. We don't have much time." said Garnin

Sheogorath opened up a portal in the middle of the room. He told the team that they would most likely run into a Daedric Prince there and that in the event that that happens, they all five need to attack at the same time. Then, after that was said, the team stepped throught the portal and came out at Lakeview Manor.

Garnin looked around and saw all of the damage, there were holes in the wall, parts of the roof were on fire, beams had fallen from above and crushed tables. He saw Argon looking around, the wreckage had not done anything to help his mood. There were no daedra inside, but the place was still a disaster. Maybe they were too late. Maybe the daedra were gone and the family had been taken. No, Garnin knew that couldn't be right. It had to be wrong. They were only stanind in the back room of the house, so perhaps they were hidden somewhere.

Sheogorath seemed to have read everyone's thoughts as he said, "They are here, the daedra are still attacking. The family is outside trying to take cover in the stable. We need to hurry or they will be killed."

This made the team spring into action. They drew their swords, Sheogorath still didn't have one, and they ran through the front door. Right into the middle of the attack. The daedra turned to the team and instantly grew very angry at them. The daedra completely forgot about the family in the stables and they started attacking the team. The team tried to push through with all their might. Sheogorath summoned lightning to fry the daedra. Fayen and Nerevar were back-to-back fighting. Argon was slashing dremoras in half as he tried with more strength than ever to get to his family and save them. Garnin felt something hit his head, he turned around and found a daedroth had just whacked him with its tail. Garnin grabbed the tail and the daedroth thrashed about. It wildly swung him back and forth. Finally, when the daedroth swung its tail high enough Garnin let go. He flew through the air and landed on the back of the daedroth. He grabbed onto its neck and using one of the spikes along the daedroth's back he sat down. He then grabbed onto one of the spikes on the daedroth's head and moved its head around. At first the daedroth tried wildly to get Garnin off. It thrashed about, jumped around, tried running into walls, but Garnin stayed on perched on the daedroth's back. He then found out how to control the daedroth, he made it shoot a few fireballs and burn some daedra, he made in move forward and back, swing its tail, and claw with its arms. Garnin made the daedroth run around trampling daedra and burning them. He then saw Argon being overwhelmed as he tried to get to the shed. Garnin made the daedroth run over there and he burnt the daedra with fireballs. He told Argon to hop on and he obeyed. The two rode the daedroth over the stable and Argon climbed off and went to go see his family. Garnin stayed there defending the stable with his daedroth. He overheard the family talking.

Argon walked over the family, and his daughter Dorthe was in shock at seeing him. "Papa?" she asked
"Is it you?" asked his other daughter Sissel
"Yes, it's me. I am so glad you are still alive." said Argon overjoyed
"But, you died. How are you here?" asked the steward Marlion
"I am a soul. I am trying to help stop all of this chaos."
"What is going on?" asked Lars Battle-born
"This isn't a normal daedra invasion, it seems like so much more." said Frodnar
"The divines and the daedra are at war." answered Argon
"Over what?" asked Serana
"Me." Argon answered
"You?"
"To bring peace to Tamriel, I had to ensure that the daedra stopped meddling in the affairs of mortals, so to do that, I became their champion, every single Daedric Prince. Then, as their champion I was able to convince them to stop messing with the mortals. They agreed, but it came with a price." explained Argon
"What was the price?" asked Lars
"My soul. I swore that when I died, my soul would go to Oblivion and I would reside there forever. I didn't realize it then, but now I see that, the solution I used, was a mistake made." said Argon
"So where do the divines come in though?" asked Dorthe
"The divines want me in Sovngarde, the daedra want me in Oblivion. The daedra invaded Sovngarde to try to take me to Oblivion, we beat them in battle, but they declared war on the divines." said Garnin answering the question while having the daedroth eat a dremora
"Exactly, now there is a war going on over my soul. And if the daedra win, then they will have a great civil war over which plane of Oblivion my soul will go to. They will also use Tamriel as their battle ground. If somehow the daedra win, and miraculously Tamriel is still in tact, then surely it will fall in that battle." said Argon
Just then Garnin said, "This is great and all you guys, but seriously the daedroth can't take much more of this, and neither can I so can we please hurry up and get to the portal inside?"
"He's right let's go." said Argon
"What portal?" asked Dorthe
"The portal we used to get here, it will take you to the Shivering Isles. We are using it as our safe place." said Garnin
"The Shivering Isle? Isn't that Sheogorath's realm? No way, how is that safe? You are taking us to the home of one of the Daedric Princes!" said Serana
"It's fine, Sheogorath is on our side, he is one of Tamriel's greatest heroes, and he is my great-grandfather." said Argon
"What? No! Okay? No! I will not do it!" said Serana
"You have to trust me. I will explain everything please, just trust me." pleaded Argon
"Fine, you had better be right though." said Serana

Everyone except Argon climbed on the back of the daedroth and Garnin rode it to the house. As soon as they were all off, the daedroth was hit by an ice spike and died. Argon, Garnin, and the family ran inside Garnin covered them as they went through the portal. Argon had to reassure them that they would be fine and finally, they went through the portal. And not a minute too soon, Sheogorath had managed to disrupte the portal and close it. As soon as he had done this, the ground shook, a portal opened up in the ground and out rose Azura.

She waved her hand and the daedra disappeared. "Argon, you destroyed my daedric artifact when you turned it into the black star. You ruined it! And now you shall suffer forever in my realm of Oblivion!" said Azura
"You will not take him Azura! Just stop all of this chaos!" commanded Sheogorath
"Ah, Sheogorath, trying to stop the Daedric Princes, you should be ashamed. You should feel lucky you are the unpredictable Madgod and nobody knows what you might do. If not for that, the Daedric Princes would destroy you." said Azura
"You need to stop. This war, is tearing Tamriel apart!" yelled Fayen
"Why should the daedra care? We have our own little places to rule." said Azura
"Please, just stop! You will no longer be able to meddle in people's lives!" said Argon trying to reason with her
"We can do what Sheogorath did, turn his realm into a place where people live, we can create mortals to live there, and we can mess with them." said Azura
"You don't understand the consequences of the daedra winning this war." said Argon
"We understand very well, you will have to suffer in Oblivion forever." said Azura
"No, there is more. Something much bigger." said Argon
"Too bad. I am tired of all this talking. Come with me Argon and this chaos will be over." said Azura
"You will not take him." said Sheogorath
"Pity, I though we would be able to do this without a fight." said Azura, "Guess I was wrong."

With that, Azura unleashed a frenzy of spells at the team. Sheogorath was luckily able to block them with his daedric powers. Azura landed on the ground and drew her sword, she charged at the team with all her might. Luckily, the team had remembered what Sheogorath had said about needing to attack all at once. They drew their swords and charged. Even Sheogorath had used a scroll of bound sword he had found. He raised his sword and charged also. Garnin blocked an attack from Azura and returned it with him stabbing her in the stomach. She screamed in anger and sent Garnin flying back, he hit his head on the wall of the house and he was out for the battle. Their strategies had to change. No doubt they would be fighting more Daedric Princes later in the war. They had to be careful what they did. He watched as one by one the team was knocked out by Azura. Eventually, only Sheogorath and Nerevar were left standing. They were able to stun Azura temporarily and the team regroupped.

"Alright, listen, I have a plan but all of you need to stay back. I have to do this alone." said Nerevar
"What are you going to do?" asked Garnin
"Try to reason with her." answered Nerevar
"You can't reason with a Daedric Prince, they will never listen to you! No offense Sheogorath you are like the only one who will listen." said Fayen
"No, he can. Remember, I reasoned with them once?" said Argon
"But you had to become their champion." said Garnin
"But she'll still listen to me. She reincarnated me remmeber? I know she will at least listen." said Nerevar
"Alright, but be careful." said Fayen
"I'll be fine, I promise." said Nerevar

Azura got back up on her feet no longer stunned. Nerevar was able to get to her just in time before she attacked again.

"Azura." he said
"Nerevar, great to see you again." said Azura
"Well your not showing it very well." said Nerevar
"How so?" asked Azura
"Well, here in Tamriel, trying to kill people doesn't exactly say, 'Hey! It's been awhile! How have you been?' It give off more of a I really hate you and can't believe I have to see your ugly face again, type of feeling." said Nerevar
"I was only attacking, because your little friend there needs to suffer for what he did to my artifact." said Azura explaining her motives
"What did he do to it?" asked Nerevar
"It was originally intended to be a soul gem with infinite uses for creatures and animals. Instead, your friend along with someone else, who is already suffering in my realm because of this, changed it into a permanent black soul gem, for human souls!" said Azura enraged
"Don't think of it as him ruining it, think of it as him, enhancing it." reasoned Nerevar, "Instead of it only being able to get animal souls, it can now only get human souls, and human souls mean more people to serve you in Oblivion."
"But, when a soul is used up, it goes to the Soul Cairn so it is out of my power, that is why I made the artifact only for animals, because I won't care as much." said Azura
"But you are a Daedric Prince, you have more power than the Ideal Masters, you can demand that they give you any soul used from the Black Star that you want."
"You do have a point, but he still needs to suffer."
"Why? He helped you have more servants, if you think about it, whenever he used the Black Star, it was as if he were serving you by sending you more servants. And that other guy? He doesn't deserve to suffer, send him to Sovngarde." said Nerevar
"I see your point, I will let this go, and I will let that other man into Sovngarde. Thank you Nerevar for helping me see it this way. But, Vaermina, will still want him to suffer in her realm because he assisted in the destruction of her artifact. Also, he swore his soul to the daedra so they will be looking for him. I will let you go now. But one more question, if I may. What are these consequences for the daedra winning the war?"
"If the Daedric Princes win the war, then a great civil war will happen between the daedra over which realm Argon's soul will go to, the Princes will be torn apart by battle. And the fight will be everlasting." said Nerevar
"Then, we must not let that happen, I will drop out of the war and Sanguine, I thought you should know, is not fighting in the war either, apparently him and Argon became pretty good friends after Sanguine tricked him. From then on, Argon would go visit him at the fort where he would reside, he is fine if Argon's soul goes to Sovngarde, and because of their friendship, Sanguine would not let Argon swear his soul to him. Sanguine will probably be helping you at some point." promised Azura and then she disappeared back to Oblivion

Nerevar walked back to his friends and told them what had happened. The team went back to the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath closed the portal. Garnin saw Argon hugging his family. Argon then thanked the team for helping to save them. As the team was trying to decide what to do next, Fayen said something

"Guys, I think we missed something in the Imperial City, we need to go back." he said
"Why?" questioned Garnin
"There is something important there that is being kept secret by the Elder Council, I don't know how I can tell, but I know there is." said Fayen
"Then we will go there tomorrow, for now we should really rest." said Sheogorath

ultimatedovahkiin

I am sorry I was unable to get a chapter out yesterday I was busy. And I feel I have been getting lazy in my writing for chapters 7, 8, and 9. Please tell me what you think so I will know what I need to fix for the next chapters to make them better.

Harc

Big Hog
I like the creativity, but I think they need to be spell checked, and I also think they should be a tiny bit longer

ultimatedovahkiin

I like the creativity, but I think they need to be spell checked, and I also think they should be a tiny bit longer
you think they need to be longer? huh, i thought they were pretty long, i was kinda worried that they were too long. But thanks it really helps, i'll try to make do that for the next chapters.

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 10: Return to the Imperial City
Fayen had no idea how he knew this, but he just did. They had missed something in their visit to the Imperial City. Something big that the team did not know about, but it was about the war. They had to get there. It could help them, it could hinder them, or it could not even do anything but it was important. The Elder Council knew about it. They had to they know about everything that happens in Tamriel. They had to get to the city, find the High Chancellor, and have him give it to them.

"How's the portal coming?" asked Fayen
"I will take a little bit longer, but I can manage to open it." said Sheogorath
"Good. We need that portal open in the Imperial City not in a lake outside of Bravil." said Fayen
"I promise, I will make sure it won't." Sheogorath said
"Argon, how's the family?" asked Fayen
"They're fine, they're staying at an inn in Bliss." said Argon
"That's good, I'm glad they're doing well." said Fayen
"Hey, Fayen. Tell me again why we have to go back to the Imperial City." said Garnin
"I am getting this weird feeling that we missed something there. I felt like something important was there since we had arrived there." said Fayen
"And if you're wrong?"
"I'm not." ensured Fayen
"I'm getting that feeling too. I don't feel it as much as he does, but I feel it." said Nerevar
"Alright, and... I... got it." said Sheogorath opening the portal
"Great, let's get going. Fayen you are leading this expedition. You are the reason we are going back, so you are going to lead." said Argon
"I'm fine with that." said Fayen

The team stepped through the portal and came out in the Temple District of the Imperial City. In front of them was the Temple of the One, it looked much bigger on the ground than in the air. Inside was the dragon, the dragon that had been Akatosh until he left it and it turned to stone. The dragon had also been Martin Septim because he allowed himself to be Akatosh's avatar and now he actually WAS Akstosh. The dragon was supposed to keep the Oblivion Gates sealed forever but for now it wasn't. This was likely because the divines were letting the gates open so that they could battle the daedra. They decided to go inside and look at the dragon for a minute because the only one who had actually seen it was Sheogorath. everyone else had wanted to see it. They walked through the doors of the temple and instantly they were in awe. The dragon really was about 100 feet tall it was completely stone, and even after over 200 years it was still in perfect shape. There were no cracks, no scratches, nothing was chipped off. It looked amazing. It had even survived the Great War, it would probably even survive this war, the Soul War. If it did survive and anything was left of Tamriel it would make a great place for hope. Just like this team, this alliance of Tamriel's greatest heroes, was Tamriel's only hope of survival. The team's spirits were higher than ever from visiting. Sheogorath was the only only one not completely in awe, most likely because he had already seen it, but it did put him in a trance.
"I remember when this statue was made, like it had just happened a few minutes ago." said Sheogorath
"How did it happen? The dragon being made?" asked Argon
"Martin was about to be crowned Emperor and we were on our way to light the dragonfires and stop Dagon from coming into the world. Just as we were about to, the daedra started attacking the city. We fought through the daedra army. We got to the Temple District and there were gates opened everywhere. I couldn't go close any of them because there wasn't enough time, and I could not leave Martin. Then, just as we were about to enter the temple, Dagon appeared. He was as big as the dragon is. He was big, red, he had four arms, with a battleaxe in one of his hands claw like things on another. He swung the club at anyone who got to close. He would stomp and the ground would shake, people were fleeing in terror. Some people were squished by his feet and they died instantly. I knew we had to get by him so I did something incredibly stupid." said Sheogorath

"What did you do?" asked Fayen

"I challenged him," Sheogorath went on, "I raised my sword, leaving Martin with some guards and High Chancellor Ocato. I charged at Dagon, I slashed my sword at him, I dodged all of his attacks. He would stomp and I would jump out of the way. One time he swung his battleaxe at me and I grabbed onto it. He swung it upwards and I jumped off. I landed on his head and I swung wildly at him. I stabbed him in the head, but it only angered him. He grabbed me and threw me to the ground, luckily I had been wearing a special pair of boots known as the Boots of Springheel Jak. They would allow me to jump high, and if I landed on my feet they would absorb the impact and I would be unharmed. So when Dagon threw me I positioned myself to land on my feet and I did. I landed and I swung at Dagon again. Eventually, I had created an opening big enough for Martin and I to get through. I called for Martin and we ran into the temple. He told me it was too late to light the dragonfires, and that we would have to defeat Dagon, I was about to charge out and finish Dagon but Martin stopped me. He told me that mortal weapons would not hurt him we would need to find another way. I suggested the Amulet of Kings, he realized I was right. He told me that he had to go now. He smashed the amulet and turned into a big fiery dragon, just as Dagon smashed the roof off of the temple. Him and Dagon battled, Martin beat Dagon and then he landed. The dragon let out a great roar and Akatosh left it, then the dragon turned into stone. And that is how it was made."

"Wow.... that's a pretty great sacrifice. We have to honor that sacrifice, Martin gave his life to keep Tamriel in tact, now we have to make sure that Tamriel stays that way, even more than two-hundred years later." said Fayen
"Then I guess we have one more thing to fight for." said Argon
"I guess we do. Now, where do you think the High Chancellor might be? We need to find him." said Sheogorath
"I don't know, he could be anywhere in the city, I heard someone saying that the council was spread out across the city trying to keep people calm." said Fayen
Then, a voice boomed across the temple, everywhere it was heard, "The High Chancellor has been captured. He is being kept at the Arena in the Arena area. You must hurry, Hircine has him, if you want to find him and save him you must hurry. Hircine will force you to battle his werewolves for the High Chancellor."
"Great.... I get to fight in another arena led by Hircine" said Nerevar
"What do you mean another?" asked Fayen
"It's a long story." said Nerevar, "And we don't have time."
Again the voice was heard in the temple, "Tamirr, Sheogorath, remember what I said about the future of Tamriel being in your hands. That will happen soon, you may think it already is, but it is not. Not yet, you will know it when it is time."
"Martin, how do you know this?" asked Sheogorath
"I am Akatosh I know everything, except how this war will turn out. I foretold this war, and I know what will happen." said Akatosh indeed it was him speaking from the dragon
"Then why can't you stop it?" asked Argon
"It must happen. I cannot interfere with this war happening, but I can still fight in it, I am required to. I must go now something big is happening, you need to save the High Chancellor." and the voice of Akatosh was silent again
"Let's go stop Hircine." said Fayen

The team set out to the Arena. Once there, they charged through the arena bloodworks and came out in the battlefield of the arena. In the throne where the emperor would sit, sat the Daedric Prince Hircine.

"Ah, heroes, I knew you were coming. That is why I kidnapped the High Chancellor to force you to come. You have fallen into my trap. It is time for you to die, you have done enough damage to our side of the war already. If you somehow manage to win, then you will be free to go along with the High Chancellor. You will likely fail. And Sheogorath, you should come back and join the Princes in the war. We could use you." said Hircine
"You do not know what will happen if the Princes win Hircine." said Sheogorath, "But we accept the battle, bring out the werewolves."

Hircine clapped his hands and ten werewolves appeared surrounding the team. Fayen drew his weapon along with the rest of the team. He glanced up near Hircine and saw the High Chancellor sitting tied to a chair next to Hircine, the Chancellor was gagged and he had fear in his eyes. He knew that the heroes might fail and Tamriel would fall. The werewolves charged the team and they all blocked their attacks. Then the team branched off and two werewolves chased each hero. Fayen caught a glimpse of Argon transforming into a werewolf.

"I though you weren't a werewolf, Argon!" yelled Fayen
"I cured myself! I just found a way to keep some of the power tied to Hircine's ring that he gave me!" came the reply
"That's right.... You are already participating in the hunt like you should Argon! Why don't you just come with me now?" said Hircine from his throne
"Not happening!"

Fayen turned back to deal with his werewolves. One of them roared and two wolf spirits appeared next to it. The other roared and two more werewolves joined it in the fight. So now, Argon was trying to stay alive against four werewolves, and two wolf spirits! Why wasn't this happening to anyone else? No matter, Fayen drew his bow instead and ran through the arena being chased by the werewolves. He fired a few arrows in the wolves direction and hit the spirits. The spirits were sent back to Oblivion because Fayen's bow had an enchantment that would send daedra back to Oblivion. The wolves didn't get sent back though, probably because they weren't from Oblivion and they weren't daedra. Argon then drew his sword again and stopped, he let the werewolves get near him then he attacked. He charged them with a yell and he sung his sword inside one of the werewolves. He pulled it back out and the werewolf fell over dead. The other three were angered by this and they roared and at the same time jumped at Fayen. They would have killed him if not for Argon, he had changed back from a werewolf and had seen the werewolves about to erase Fayen from existence. He had used the unrelenting force shout just in time and the werewolves flew against the wall. Fayen beheaded one of them and that left him with just two, right back where he had started. They werewolves clawed at him and gave him a nasty scratch across his chest. Fayen returned the favor by slicing the arm off of it. The werewolf howled in pain and then tried to bite Fayen. He jumped out of the way and the werewolf bit air. This really angered the werewolf and forgetting it was missing that arm tried swinging at Fayen. Fayen couldn't help but laugh at this. While he was laughing the other werewolf had snuck up on him. In grabbed him by the leg swung him into the air and let go. As he was falling Fayen looked down and saw the werewolf facing its head up with its mouth wide open. How it was possible to eat a soul, Fayen had no idea. But he didn't want to find out. He grabbed his dagger and threw it at the head of the werewolf killing it. He fell to the ground rolling. He got back up and saw the arm less werewolf charging at him swing its good arm through the air. Fayen charge also and stabbed the werewolf in the chest putting it out of its misery.

Fayen looked around and saw that the rest of the team were still dealing with the werewolves. He decided to assist them by shooting a few in the back with his bow, then he snuck up on the rest and stabbed them in the back. After every werewolf was dead, Hircine stood up.

"How is this possible?!" he yelled enraged, "My werewolves should not be dead! You should be!"

Hircine disappeared and reappeared in the middle of the battlefield of the arena. He was very angry that the heroes had not been killed in the battle.

"You will not get out of here alive! You will be erased from existence right now! I will not allow you to live even if I have to end you myself!" shouted Hircine
"You promised you would allow us to go free if we beat the werewolves!" said Fayen
"Never trust a Daedric Prince to live up to their promises!" said Hircine
"You lived up to your promises to me." said Argon
"You swore your soul, do you know how valuable the dragonborn's soul is?" asked Hircine
"Obviously worth a lot if it is worth all this chaos." said Argon
"Can we skip the talking and get to the fight now?" asked Fayen
"Good idea, I am really itching to kill you." said Hircine
"And we are itching to get the Chancellor and leave." said Fayen

Hircine's eyes glowed white and he floated up into the air raising his hands as he floated. Storm clouds started filling the sky and it started to rain. Lightning struck all throughout the arena. The team dodged these bolts and ducked behind a part of the wall. Sheogorath charged out and started making lightning bolts of his own come from the clouds. One of these bolts struck Hircine and he fell out of the sky. The storm and lightning kept going, but Hircine was on the ground. He got up and transformed into the biggest, nastiest werewolf they had ever seen. He was about twenty feet tall. He had brown fur sprouting out all over his body. He roared so loudly it felt to Fayen like his eardrums were about to split. The team ran out of the shelter and attacked Hircine. They swung and his legs and feet making him more angry while dealing some damage. Even though they were doing all this Hircine would not be defeated. He kept knocking the team backwards with spells and powerful roars. He grabbed Fayen, flung him up in the air, caught him, and then smashed him on the ground. He clawed at the rest of the team. Fayen shot him with his bow and for a second, Hircine disappeared. He appeared back angered and he stomped and Argon and Fayen didn't get away in time and the vibration sent them both flying backwards.

Argon said to Fayen, "I have a plan. I need you to get the Chancellor."
"Why me? Why can't anyone else do it?" said Fayen
"Because you are the one who needed to find him so that you could find whatever it is we came back here for." said Argon
"Alright fine, I'll do it. I'll need some help though, I'll let Hircine throw me again, but then you need to use the Unrelenting Force shout on me before he catches me so that I'll fly over to the seats." said Fayen
"Alright, now for the rest of my plan. I need your bow, it's enchantment will be able to expel Hircine, but Sheogorath needs to use it." said Argon
"Why Sheogorath?"
"Because he is a Daedric Prince. He is a god-like being. He is powerful enough to expel him, but he needs the bow." explained Argon
"Alright, here. I hope this works." said Fayen handing him his bow and quiver of arrows
"It will, I promise." ensured Argon

The two charged back to the battle and Argon handed Sheogorath the bow and quiver and explained his plan. He made sure that Sheogorath would not fire until Fayen was over the wall and freeing the Chancellor. Sheogorath agreed and they enacted the plan. Fayen was thrown into the air, but before he was caught, Argon used Unrelenting Force to send Fayen flying over to the Chancellor. He landed a few rows of seat away from the High Chancellor. He ran up the rows of seats and knelt down near the High Chancellor. He drew his dagger which he had recovered from the werewolf, and he cut the rope tying the High Chancellor to the chair, and cut his gag.

The Chancellor stood up and said, "Thank you for saving me Eternal Champion. Look!"

Fayen looked at the battle and saw Sheogorath placing an arrow on the string of the bow, he focused all of his energy and power into that enchantment on the bow, trying to magnify it so that Hircine would return to Oblivion. The heroes tricked Hircine into facing the opposite direction of Sheogorath so that he would not see him about to shoot him. Sheogorath had a clear shot for Hircine's back. He waited for a moment to finish focusing his power and energy, then he released. The arrow cut through the air and made a woosh sound. The arrow connected with Hircine's back and sunk inside of him. Instantly, a portal opened up in the sky. It was large, and blue in the center it was all black and there were streams of blue curling around on the inside and if it were some sort of vortex, which it kind of was. Hircine was pulled upward into the sky sucked right into the portal

"NOOOO!!!! The daedra will win! We will have Argon's soul! The divines will lose! You heroes will die! And Sovngared will fall!!!" yelled Hircine, and the portal closed

Fayen and the High Chancellor met the heroes outside of the Arena.

"Alright, High Chancellor, I know you know some big secret about this war. You must tell us it." demanded Fayen
"What do you mean?" asked the High Chancellor trying to sound clueless, "I know nothing."
"I suggest you stop lying, unless you want us heroes to stop fighting and trying to save Tamriel." threatened Fayen
"Fine. Here, read this. This is what you want to know." the High Chancellor handed them the scroll from the Hall of Scrolls

Fayen took the scroll and read it. He showed it to the rest of the heroes and their faces went blank.

"This is the scroll of the Great Prophecy. Meaning, that the war that is going on now is the Great Prophecy. What is said here, must happen, because it is a prophecy. So we will fail no matter what." said Nerevar
"No, it will not come true. We can't let it." said Argon
"Argon, you I are from prophecies, we were foretold. And our prophecies came true. We defeated the enemy of them. You know it must come true."
"No, it doesn't have to. I have stopped a prophecy from happening before. I can do it again. But I will still need all of your help. Akatosh even said, he can't see how this war will turn out, meaning there is still a chance that we can save Tamriel." ensured Argon
"Speaking of Akatosh, he said something big was happening, what do you think he meant?" asked Sheogorath
"And Hircine said something about Sovngarde will fall, I don't remember this war being about destroying the divines." said Garnin
"It's not it's over Argon." said Fayen
"That's right, and if Sovngarde falls, my soul can't go there. So the daedra will win be default. And Akatosh said something big was happening. What if it is big enough to end the war?" said Argon
"You're not saying- Oh no, you're right.... And that will destroy us too.... oh no..." said Fayen
"Wait, what are you guys saying?" asked Sheogorath
Argon answered, "I'm saying, that big thing Akatosh was talking about? I know what it is."
"What is is?" asked Sheogorath getting anxious
Argon answered, "The daedra are attempting to destroy Sovngarde."

ultimatedovahkiin

Chapter 11: Battle For Sovngarde Part 1
The team was at Sheogorath's Palace getting ready for the upcoming battle. Argon had sharpened his sword and made his armor stronger the rest of the team except Sheogorath was doing the same thing. The team was stocking up on potions, and scrolls, and poisons. The battle would not be easy, and if the failed all of their work would b for nothing. The team assumed that the battle had not yet begun because they probably would have wanted Hircine to destroy the heroes first and then join the battle. They probably did not have news of his defeat yet. He would not be joining them in the battle for Sovngarde. He was temporarily stuck in Oblivion. Sheogorath had made sure of that when he was about to fire the arrow. Sheogorath had channeled so much power into it that Hircine could not leave Oblivion for some time. Eventually he would be able to join the was again but he would miss the fight. Argon saw Sheogorath talking to Haskill telling him to deal with any problems that might happen in the Shivering Isles during his absence.

"Sheogorath, you should probably put on some armor and bring a different sword for the battle." said Argon
"I was thinking the same thing. Come with me, I want to show you something." said Sheogorath
"Alright, what is it?" asked Argon
Sheogorath pushed a button on the armrest of his throne, the ground in front of in moved backwards stacking itself up on top of other parts of the floor forming layers, then the staircase in front of Sheogorath's throne grew longer and stopped at a door at the bottom. "This." Sheogorath said

He led Argon to the door, he stopped for a second to fish a key out of his pocket, and he literally fished for it. He took a mini fishing pole out of his other pocket, dropped the hook into the other pocket that was filled with water, and he stood there for a second holding the fishing pole. Eventually he pulled it out and there was a key hooked on it. He took the key and unlocked the door with it.

"I guess when you are the Daedric Prince of madness, you can have mini fishing ponds in your pockets." Argon thought to himself
Sheogorath unlocked the door and led Argon inside they walked down a dimly lit corridor and as they walked Sheogorath said to Argon, "I never thought I would be using this again, but the situation requires something like this to be used."
"What is it?" asked Argon
"You'll see." answered Sheogorath, "Ah, here we are."

The corridor opened up to a smallish room with nothing in it except magelights, which really lit up the room, two weapon racks along the back wall holding a sword and a mace, and in the middle, on a mannequin was the armor and weapons of the Divine Crusader!

"You're the Divine Crusader....." said Argon in awe of this new side of the Daedric Prince he was learning about
"Yes, I am. I never thought that I would be using this armor again, but I guess even the Madgod himself can predict what he will do." said Sheogorath
"So, you are going to use this in the battle?" ventured Argon
"I will, and on the weapon racks, are the mace and sword of the crusader. Could you grab those for me?" asked Sheogorath
Argon went over to the racks, took the weapons and gave them to Sheogorath saying as he handed them to him, "Here."
"So I was right. You are able to pick them up. Here try putting on the armor, I will still use it, but I want to try something."
Argon was confused but he obeyed and strapped on the armor. "So why am I doing this?" he asked
"You are worthy of being the Divine Crusader, I wanted to test this whim I had." answered Sheogorath
"So, I could be the Divine Crusader? Wow, that's amazing." said Argon
"Yes it really is. Now, if you wouldn't mind removing the armor so I could put it on." said Sheogorath

Argon removed the armor and strapped his own back on, Argon was equipped with Auriel's Bow, the Bloodskal blade, and the wabbajack, he also had a quiver full of Sunhallowed Elven Arrows on his back. He had Boethiah's Ebony Mail, the Konahriik Dragon Priest Mask, and dragonbone boots and gauntlets. Sheogorath and him walked back to the throne and Sheogorath closed off the room where the armor had been. He then went behind his throne and recharged his staff in the fountain behind the throne. After he had recharged the staff he went behind a cave behind his throne to one of the trophy pedestals he came back with a two-handed sword.

"Here, I want you to have this." said Sheogorath handing Argon the sword, "It's the sword of Jyggalag I got it after I defeated him in battle about two-hundred years ago."
"Thank you. It is a great sword, I'll wield it proudly." said Argon
"I know you will." said Sheogorath, he then summoned a guard to take Argon's other sword to his room
"That sword is enchanted with an effect similar to that of your other blade, it sends out an energy wave but it is blue, the sword is also stronger, I sharpened it greatly over the years. It should slice through enemies with ease." said Sheogorath
"Who is Jyggalag?" asked Argon
"He is the Daedric Prince of order. I defeated him when I became Sheogorath, after his defeat he sort of withdrew from everything. He is still a Daedric Prince but he reside in his realm of Oblivion now, and no one has seen him since I defeated him." said Sheogorath
Just then Nerevar and the other heroes walked in ready to go. "You're the Divine Crusader?" Nerevar asked
"Yes I am." answered Sheogorath
"Oh cool." said Nerevar, "You ready to go?"
"Yeah, let me open the portal." Sheogorath said, "Now listen, if I'm correct the daedra are going to be opening a Great Gate. They will need to open three smaller Oblivion Gates to open the Great Gate once it is open, they will start wheeling the Siege Machine out. It is slow, so it will give us some time. But all of us are going to need to go inside the gate. We won't have much time so as a team we will need to go in to deal with the daedra easily. I warn you it will not be an easy task, but together we can do it."

Sheogorath opened the portal and the heroes stepped through. They came out in the Hall of Valor where Akatosh was rallying the divines for the impending attack on Sovngarde. He was in the middle of giving a speech when the heroes arrived. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the heores

"Oh, thank goodness you're here. We could really use the help. Again I am letting no souls fight in this battle, I am only letting you four and Sheogorath fight, because you seem to not really care about that rule and you have already battled Azura and Hircine and beat them both." said Akatosh

After a while, the divines and the heores went out side and waited for the daedra. Argon, stood with his new sword raised. Soon, the ground shook and an Oblivion Gate opened up in the ground. Sheogoraht ahd explained to Martin that they were probably going to open a Great Gate again, and Martin commanded that they let them open it and they not close the three Oblivion Gates needed to open the Great Gate. He seemed to have a bit of the attitude he did during the Battle of Bruma in the Oblivion Crisis, letting the daedra open a Great Gate and try to bring out the Siege Machine to destroy the area. The Siege Machine was a great snake like daedra mechanism. it was about two-hundred feet long and at the top it was kind of rounded like a half circle it had four spikes sticking out of the sides near the top that stretched forward. In the middle of the half-circle at the top there was a hole that the siege machine shot fireballs out of, the fireballs could get big enough to destroy a whole city, which had happened during the Oblivion Crisis.

Daedra came out of the gate and filled the grounds of Sovngarde, they did not attack because they were awaiting orders from the twelve Daedric Princes that came out of the gate also. There was Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Nocturnal, Boethiah, Malacath, Hermaeus Mora, Clavicus Vile, Mephala, Vaermina, Merida, Namira, Peryite. After a brief discussion between Boethia and Akatosh about how the divines should hand over Argon and they would leave, or he could fight and Sovngarde would be destroyed. The battle began. Everyone drew their weapons and charged into battle. Instantly, Argon was surrounded by daedra wanting to capture him for the Daedric Princes. He swung his new sword and a blue line of energy flew out cutting the daedra to pieces and blowing them backwards. Argon was fighting off a horde of daedra when one of them grabbed him from behind, and held him in place. Another daedra walked up to him with a dagger out, it pushed the dagger against Argon's face and slashed downwards, a big gash opened up and blood started pouring out of the wound. Argon flinched and then used Unrelenting Force which made the daedra fly back and block an arrow about to strike Nerevar. The daedra and the arrow collided and the arrow killed the daedra on impact. Argon then did a back flip over the daedra holding him and then stabbed the daedra in the back with his dagger. Argon picked up his sword and went back to fighting.

Eventually, one of the Daedric Princes saw him and charged at him. It was the Daedric Prince Nocturnal. She came at him yelling about how he was sworn to guard her sanctuary. It was his job as a Nightingale. She was angry about his lie and threatened to engulf him in eternal darkness. Argon refused to go with her and she was true to her word. She called upon the darkness to grab him and wrap him up. He opened his eyes and found he was in a dark room. It was so dark that anybody trapped inside it would have to way of getting out. Unfortunately for her, Nocturnal had forgotten that Nightingales are trained to control the darkness and the darkness is like a second home for them. Argon wandered around a little bit and knew exactly where to go. He saw an area that was not as dark as the rest of the room. He figured it was a door and he walked out of it. Instantly the darkness around his body dissipated and he was no longer cloaked in the "eternal darkness". Nocturnal was enraged by this and she shot dark magic out at him. The magic grabbed him and hurt him. It felt like the darkness was suffocating him. He did the only thing he could think of which left him out of breath for a minute. He used the clear skies shout of the dark magic and instantly it disappeared. He was dropped by the magic and he knelt on the ground for a minute trying to catch his breath. Nocturnal stood over him about to grab him and take him away. He looked up, maybe the shout would work on her too. She was the Daedric Prince of darkness so if it worked on the dark magic, it had to work on her. He used the shout and she bellowed in pain before being sucked away to Oblivion.

Argon stood up, "I guess you can shout away the Daedric Prince of darkness." he said to himself

By now the third Oblivion Gate had opened and more and more daedra were pouring out of it. Soon, the Great Gate would be open and the team would have to go close it. Argon found the members of the team all fighting together in a group trying to hold back the daedra.

"About time you showed!" said Nerevar
"Sorry, Nocturnal wanted to have a little chat." said Argon
"You fought Nocturnal? And won? How?" asked Fayen as he stabbed a daedra in the heart
"The Clear Skies shout? It seems to work on the Daedric Princ of darkness and theives." said Argon
"Nice, now in case you haven't noticed we are at the third gate, meaning any minute now the Great Gate will be opened and hen we have to go close it." said Sheogorath
"I noticed, I was coming to find you guys so that we could-" Argon was cut off by the ground shaking so greatly that the heroes were almost knocked off of their feet.
"The Great Gate! Hurry, we have to close it!" said Nerevar

The team dealt with the last of the daedra, Argon cut three daedra in half at once, with his sword. Sheogorath burned a few daedra with the Sword of the Crusader. Garnin, had just stabbed one in the chest and then he cut the heart out to use it in a potion. Fayen shot one in the head and was making sure it was dead by stabbing it repeatedly with the arrow. Nerevar, blocked an attack with his shield, then bashed five more, knocking them backwards. After they had dealt with those daedra they ran to the Great Gate, they called to Akatosh that they were going to close it, he was in dragon form having a rematch with Dagon when they called. He then blew fire at Dagon then flew off to give the heroes some cover. They looked at each other, then at Sovngarde and all of the chaos of the battle. Then they jumped into the Great Gate to close it.

ultimatedovahkiin

note: Since this chapter is a two part one the next chapter will be told from Argon's point of view also. I purposely made this one short, because the next one is going to be pretty good, and a pretty good length. So tomorrow's might not be out for a while tomorrow, I will do my best to get one out, but it might be hard since it will be New Years. So happy New Years and sorry if I do not get one out tomorrow.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts