Soul Trap on Weapons (how?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ironclad

Hi guys,
Can anyone lay out for me how I can achieve Soul Trap on my weapons please. I am getting annoyed trying to fire off this spell to charging enemies, they close me down too quickly. If I am hidden the spell seems to give my position away as I attempt to follow up with assassination & the accuracy of this (and many other spells) is crap.
So, can you guys tell me what Perks, or whatnot, I must have, or what I need to do. My PC has my spells in the arsenal but i'm not levelled in many areas of casting, I am more the sneak/fighter type.

Thanks.

Monique

"Psssst I know who you are, hail Sithis!".
I thinkkkk the way to do is keeping empty soul gems in your inventory so they're able to be filled, and then you should be able to charge your enchanted weapon with the filled soul gem if it's low on enchantment.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
First off, you need to find or buy a weapon that already has the Soul Trap enchantment on it. From there, you can either keep and use that weapon or disenchant it and create your own weapon and apply the newly learned Soul Trap enchantment to it. (via Enchantment Table)

Keep in mind that there are timers associated with the Soul Trap enchantment on a weapon ("If target dies within 3 seconds...", for example). Depending on your playstyle, you could use this weapon to deliver the killing blow.

Me personally, I have Soul Trap on my bow. It makes soul trapping easier when you stack the Sneak bonus to bow attacks along with any buffed up damage increases. Typically, if the mob survives the initial flurry of arrows, they're weak enough to be taken down quite quickly with any other weapon and you can absorb its soul.

Just be sure that your Soul Trap weapon has a decent enough charge in it, keep an eye on that gray bar on your HUD. It takes filled soul gems to keep any enchantments on weapons going.

El-Lee Zardo

By a weapon from a smithy or general shop with soul trap on it. The you can take it to an enchanters table and "dis-enchant" it. You will then be able to enchant any weapon you want with the ability to soul trap. This comes in handy as you level up and obtain stronger weapons. Also comes in handy for making some gold. The easiest place to do this is windhelm. There is an enchanters table behind a vendor over where the smith is. I like to create a bunch of daggers take them over and enchant then then sell them off for some easy gold. Raise 3 stats at once. Enchanting, smithing and speach.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Taylorman1227

Iif you want a better version of the enchantment go to Ironbind Barrow, just north of Nightgate Inn and at the end of the dungeon you'll find a Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls leaning against the back of the boss Draugr's throne, if you disenchant it you'll be able to get a better version of the enchantment which will give you "Burning" ability along with the ordinary Soul Trap "in one".

Taylorman1227

What city is nightgate inn, in.

its not actually in a city but its in The Pale (Dawnstar Hold), you need to use it for a Dark Brotherhood.

Ironclad

I found that pub last night, it's very isolated really but just a bit north of A giants liar (sleeping tree??). The Barrow is uphill and slightly to the left , couple of mins sprinting.

Ironclad

Iif you want a better version of the enchantment go to Ironbind Barrow, just north of Nightgate Inn and at the end of the dungeon you'll find a Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls leaning against the back of the boss Draugr's throne, if you disenchant it you'll be able to get a better version of the enchantment which will give you "Burning" ability along with the ordinary Soul Trap "in one".

Just been back to that now cleared dungeon, Salma has gone.. So has that axe. Crap it!! Any ideas?

Necromis

did you check if it was hovering above the chair instead? Sometimes it can be up n the air as a glitch and you have to knock it down.

Ironclad

No i didn't. The back of the chair has three loops, perhaps for placing a long shafted weapon, but is empty. I guess I return for a third time. :/

Necromis

I would suggest it just because the guide for that dungeon stats that it can happen sometimes. It didn't happen to me mind you. If not I would wait 30 days and go back to see if the dungeon respawns like it should. Though even if you cleared it, the weapon should have been there. Any chance on your first run you got it and sold it? LOL

Wolfmaster95

First off, you need to find or buy a weapon that already has the Soul Trap enchantment on it. From there, you can either keep and use that weapon or disenchant it and create your own weapon and apply the newly learned Soul Trap enchantment to it. (via Enchantment Table)

Keep in mind that there are timers associated with the Soul Trap enchantment on a weapon ("If target dies within 3 seconds...", for example). Depending on your playstyle, you could use this weapon to deliver the killing blow.

Me personally, I have Soul Trap on my bow. It makes soul trapping easier when you stack the Sneak bonus to bow attacks along with any buffed up damage increases. Typically, if the mob survives the initial flurry of arrows, they're weak enough to be taken down quite quickly with any other weapon and you can absorb its soul.

Just be sure that your Soul Trap weapon has a decent enough charge in it, keep an eye on that gray bar on your HUD. It takes filled soul gems to keep any enchantments on weapons going.
What weapons already have the soul trap enchantment on it and where to I buy one?

Wolfmaster95

By a weapon from a smithy or general shop with soul trap on it. The you can take it to an enchanters table and "dis-enchant" it. You will then be able to enchant any weapon you want with the ability to soul trap. This comes in handy as you level up and obtain stronger weapons. Also comes in handy for making some gold. The easiest place to do this is windhelm. There is an enchanters table behind a vendor over where the smith is. I like to create a bunch of daggers take them over and enchant then then sell them off for some easy gold. Raise 3 stats at once. Enchanting, smithing and speach.

What smithy or general do I go to to buy a weapon with soul trap enchanted already on it? I have the skill unlocked but can’t figute it out.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
@Wolfmaster95

To answer your first two questions, finding or buying weapons with the Soul Trap enchantment is usually random if you are intent on getting a soul trap weapon ASAP travel to every blacksmith and merchant in the game and see if they have one. If not, wait 48 hours for their wares to reset, and try again! Another option is to complete the House of Horrors quest in Markarth. The quest reward is the Daedric Artifact The Mace of Molag Bal, which has a soul trap enchantment on it.

Here are some links on the Soul Trap Enchantment for more info:
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Soul_Trap_(effect)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Trap_(Skyrim)

Here is a link for a guide on the House of Horrors quest:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_of_Horrors

To answer your 3rd and final question, it's not in Dawnstar--it's just south of Dawnstar along the river that leads straight to Windhelm.

Here's a picture to use as reference:
latest

Hope this helps you out some!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts