• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Go to the Bannered Mare. Talk to the well armored blond who sits drinking by herself in the back. Get in a fistfight with said blond. Win 100 gold plus a good, solid fighting follower. Thats Uthgerd the Unbroken.

I killed her, several times, with the Ebony Blade. Now I have one more powerful wall display and one less brick-headed, sword-toting, idiotic follower. Also killed Benor from the fight in Morthal, his face is too small, lol.

StellaLuna

Ah, accidentally killed her when I was fighting the Hagravens for that companions quest. In the confusion of the battle, I accidentally killed Lydia while she was crawling :/ After I finished off the witch, I took her gear and left.

Several IG months later, I decided to get married. On my wedding night, the usual guests showed up... Plus Lydia's stripped corpse o_O To this day, I'm still not sure if everyone was bitching at me for being late to the wedding or for inviting a dead body...

Happened again during the fight for Whiterun so I just resurrected her. I don't need a corpse following me around. Dammit Lydia, don't guilt-trip me in your afterlife :<

Lydia died for me, too. It was a big battle with a bunch of Draugr and a masked Dragon Priest. She hasn't returned, and she never will. :sadface:

Mera

same thing here. i entered my house in whiterun with serana and lydia attacked her. so we killed her. the corpse is still in my house, i have no idea how to get rid of it.
as soon as i exited my house a courier came up to me and gave me a letter of inheritance from the jarl of whiterun, its 300 gold -30 gold taxes.
well i guess that is it. i have no idea why she attacked my beloved serana, but i couldnt tolaret it.

David Hart

Lydia was in critical condition (died) a lot at the beginning by jumping in front of my arrows and required a lot of resuscitation (load save games). I had to change my strategy to either sneak with the bow drawn (kept her behind me and kept me alive longer while my character was a relatively weak fighter) or charge the enemy and get behind them while she engaged from the other side. I dropped her for Benor, as I gained experience and training (level up), and then dropped him for my current companion and wife, Jordis.

Lydia now takes care of Breezehome while Jordis and I are adventuring.

Kittibear

I remember intentionally killing one of my followers because I needed a human sacrifice. That and I didn't want him home alone with my wife. >_>

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
Look back in Dragonsreach with the Jarl is. And definitely buy the house and buy all the furnishings.

Every time I try to buy the Alchemy lab for Breezehome, that sneaky steward steals my five hundred gold and never gives me an alchemy lab. :mad:

Grr. I hate it when new member go straight to the oldest threads on the forums and post. Even worse when they make that post their first post.

Howarthee

Grr. I hate it when new member go straight to the oldest threads on the forums and post. Even worse when they make that post their first post.
...Are you talking about me?
Edit: Nevermind. >.< I see what you're talking about. But what's the big deal? It's just a forum post.

...Are you talking about me?
Edit: Nevermind. >.< I see what you're talking about. But what's the big deal? It's just a forum post.
It an old thread. If it went under, that means that the topic has already been discussed. Plus, look at when this thread was posted. The day the game came out. This is an old-ass thread.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It's also quite possibly on it's way to being obsolete. I haven't tested it myself, but several accounts by players seem to indicate that one of the last patches fixed the bug where follower skills weren't leveling with the player. If that's true then, aside from being somewhat banal, necroing threads like this, which assess follower survivability by what level you are when you meet them in the game, is also going to serve as a source of confusion for new players.

Howarthee

It's also quite possibly on it's way to being obsolete. I haven't tested it myself, but several accounts by players seem to indicate that one of the last patches fixed the bug where follower skills weren't leveling with the player. If that's true then, aside from being somewhat banal, necroing threads like this, which assess follower survivability by what level you are when you meet them in the game, is also going to serve as a source of confusion for new players.

I reread (in case you saw my previous paragraph) and decided you were right, I just wasn't getting it at first. But I still don't really think it matters too much if the thread's being posted on, because it's not like it's locked. If a new member gets confused, it's not too hard to post a question and it will most likely be answered.

How is it possibly obsolete? The idea of the thread was if Lydia came back to life or not. I don't use her as a follower, so I wouldn't know, but I don't think they'd patch Lydia dying. I haven't seen anything in this thread that would make it such a big deal that it's been revived. It's a forum, I don't see the topic being locked, so if I want to post I will. I don't bother looking at the dates and it's obvious other people don't bother with it either.
The topics of threads tend to change over time here. We go off-topic, and it splits off. Take a look at the "Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one" thread. That one became a general debate thread. It has been a little less than a year since Skyrim was released. Now, I'm not saying that the question is illegitimate, but it has since been answered, and it is outdated by a long shot. The moderators on here are fairly comatose, they only ever seem to appear when things get out of hand. Topics don't get locked very often anyway. If you don't look at the dates, well, shame on you. Forum ettiquite, while not a rule, is practiced by many posters around every forum you go to. It keeps a standard.

In short, nobody appreciates it when you necrobump. I know it wasn't you, but you are defending someone who is wrong.

Howarthee

I have rescinded, look at my new reply.

I'm just saying it's kind of justifiable since the topic is open. Yes, it's old as heck and maybe it goes against an etiquette I've never heard of (new to forums in general), but they're a brand new member and probably didn't know that.

I'm not totally agreeing with you, but I think it's weird when a person would go to the very first pages of threads to post...I find enough to read and post about in the first three pages...

Dagmar

Not all necroposting is bad, but it's generally considered poor netiquette when the post is banal or adds nothing valuable to the content of the thread and resurrects dated information which is no longer accurate. In general experienced forum posters do tend to check dates on posts. While necroposting occasionally has a constructive purpose most of the time it doesn't which is why it's generally criticized as poor nettiquette. This meme sums up the worst things about some necroposts:

standalone

Howarthee

Not all necroposting is bad, but it's generally considered poor netiquette when the post is banal or adds nothing valuable to the content of the thread and resurrects dated information which is no longer accurate. In general experienced forum posters do tend to check dates on posts. While necroposting occasionally has a constructive purpose most of the time it doesn't which is why it's generally criticized as poor nettiquette. This meme sums up the worst things about some necroposts:
I took out the meme to save space.

I'm looking at the date on this post, and it's last post was a month ago, so it's not terribly old in terms of the last few posts, so I don't really think it's totally dead. But I do agree that the person who revived it didn't really add anything to the thread, and I'd've never found even seen this thread had they not posted anything.

On another note, anything else I should know about forum posting before I go spreading my ignorance across the web? :p

~Lady Dovakiin

Hopelessly addicted to Skyrim... <3
Yea, she dies on me tons of times. I just enter a console code and regenerate another Lydia. :p

I'm looking at the date on this post, and it's last post was a month ago, so it's not terribly old in terms of the last few posts, so I don't really think it's totally dead. But I do agree that the person who revived it didn't really add anything to the thread, and I'd've never found even seen this thread had they not posted anything.

On another note, anything else I should know about forum posting before I go spreading my ignorance across the web? :p
Don't necrobump. Don't pick fights. Use proper spelling and grammar, it makes things easier to read. If you are in a debate and you are backed into a wall, don't saying something like "I give up", just stop posting. No one will be the wiser. Don't overuse the smileys. You know, just basic courtesy.

KittyTheKitty

So-Folik
My Lydia died when we went to retrieve Grimsever from Mzinchaleft! I was by a fountain and there were 2 Falmer who detected her (even when I gave her a necklace to improve sneak, she still gets spotted) and she killed all the other 5 Falmer before we got there and I witnessed her do away with one of them so I turn my back to loot a chest and when I turn around, I see the remaining Falmer walking around like nothing happened.

I assumed it was because she was down on the ground and it stopped attacking her but, I look and she's nowhere to be found. I search further around the fountain and there lies her lifeless body. :'(

"Lydiaaaa! Nooooo!!!" <- my reaction

I thought enemies stopped attacking when your followers were down! But, I guess not!
So I decided to reload because my pack mules are very important to me, especially Lydia. Whenever I have my husband, Farkas, follow me he attacks every nearby enemy! And he doesn't stop until they're dead. It's extremely annoying. So, I decided to keep him home.

Also, my reload was auto saved to the point where I FIRST ENTER MZINCHALEFT!!!! All the progess and sneaking around enemies WASTED!

Freaking Lydia. -.- At that point I turned around and just told her,"It's time for us to part ways."

Dagmar

I'm looking at the date on this post, and it's last post was a month ago.
I was actually referring to the post from a month ago.
This is a forum open to families so on this particular forum, profanity as well sexually explicit content should be kept to a minimum.

Although it should be obvious, posting any content that might be deemed illegal is prohibited. This covers the gamut from harassing or threatening people to posting content that aids or enables software piracy.

While privacy laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction the rule of thumb here is that we respect everyone's privacy. Outing someone on these forums is an absolute no no.

Hate speech, i.e. racist, homophobic, or misogynistic posts are not tolerated here either.

In general if you exercise common sense and civility you should be okay, notwithstanding that far too many people on the internet seem to make those two qualities seem almost supernatural.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts