• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

acyen

we were fighting some guards in Windhelm, one thing led to another and she died. Will she just be back waiting in whiterun or is she gone for good?

coyotebongwater

Yea I was having so much fun with her and then she just died out of nowhere, I thought she was gonna get back up or respawn but her body sat there but I did not loot it. So no, she does not come back; this sucks dick.

Nathan Dorman

Died on me too against a weak Frost Troll. LOL! And I have yet to see how to get another "Lydia". Would have been useful for other tasks. Bummer.

typh

ah poor Lydia.. I lost her in the fight outside of the College defending Winterhold from those magical creatures .. there were 10 of them .. all bunched up. I have fireballs and chain lightning - the temptation was too much. Once it all died down I found her.. well a pile of ashes and the loot she had been carrying for me. Bless her Thane worshipping steel capped boots.
I visited the Drunken Hunter picked up Janessa for the trip into Labyrithian and onward I go. Find her less annoying.. doesnt have the sly sarcasm in her voice when I trade stuff to carry.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Lydia died to some falmers in my game, when she crawls and takes a final blow hit, she dies. Else she will just get up and fight again.

Poor Lydia D:

SaveVsBedWet

Just lost her last night in a vampire fight in some hole in the ground outside of a small town (at work can't remember the name of the city and quest), but we had to clean out a master vamp outside of town in his lair and he had something like six other clowns with him. I took out the other three in the room with him with bow shots from hiding, but the master detected me on the final one and rushed us in the narrow entryway. I had to back out to the previous clearing to switch out weapons and spells and when I came back, Lydia had been pelted with violence.

Made the vamp pay with his life via double handed "Battleaxe of Butthugger Devastation" and then for some reason, decided to raise Lydia as a zombie. Watching her stumble around, moan and finally crumple felt...awkward. Specially since I was rifling through her pockets the whole time.

Mindfux

why not hire a merc if you want another companion? or find another one out in the wild..there's quite a few out there

honestly i can't stand Lydia..she's an oaf..sometimes i'd bring her out on Thieves Guild missions where i needed some extra hands, and she'd always get us detected by either being too loud or running off to hit something, just because

she permanently stays in my house in Whiterun in my game..if i need help i bring dark brotherhood assassins with me, and have Shadowmere to sit there and take shots like a champ

Jim1973

When you guys say "lost" you mean she died and you then reloaded your last saved game or are you RP and leaving her dead?

Every time she dies I wish I could revive her and keep her as a zombie.

SaveVsBedWet

When you guys say "lost" you mean she died and you then reloaded your last saved game or are you RP and leaving her dead?

Every time she dies I wish I could revive her and keep her as a zombie.

As in she's going to be hanging out in that cavern long enough to double as that vamp's version of a bear skin rug, lol! Oops that's no way to treat a friend is it?

Prince Boromirr

Dragon Slayer
I was in the the LOWER STEEPFALL BURROW I was fighting spiders in close quarters.I looked over and poor Lydia got killed by a spider, I am sad and alone again.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
With all your stories of Lydia dieing I feel bad about using Unrelenting Force to push her out of my way when we are dungeon crawling. I should really be nicer to her because one day she might be dead.

****SPOILER****
My favorite Lydia moment was when I was doing the Capture the Redguard Women Mission and I ended up choosing to double cross her so she would be brought to justice. Well after I was paid for her capture and the guy was walking away I attacked and killed him and the women reappeared, as my intention was to do so all along. The lady was about to thank me when out of no where Lydia runs over and hacks her to pieces with her sword. I was like what are you doing???? But nothing like a fake double cross to get the blood flowing.

JBee

Damn it. After 35 hours of gameplay Lydia has finally died. At level 20 I am definitely going to miss her.

*Possible spoiler* aka: how to add a couple awesome companions that never die.

When you get to the quest: Alduins Wall, after you complete the first two objectives (there are only three) go find Esbern and Delphine. They will follow you anywhere you go as long as you never go to the last objective at Sky Haven Temple. They are awesome and never die. With Lydia, RIP, Esbern, Delphine, my dog and horse, we made a serious team.

Drem

i'm using janessa from that little tavern in whiterun and so far she's never died no matter what. i thought she was invincible. she basically soloed a dragon getting knocked out over and over while i hid under a bridge shooting arrows at it. or i'm just lucky and nothing ever finishes her off

now i kinda hope she dies just to see if she can or not? :/

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts