• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jewels

POTATO
Well, I have not posted a thread in so long, and for reasons I would like to keep hidden.

So, I have this habit of writing down quest names on a piece of paper, and putting song names beside them. For different quests, I play songs that kinda describe it while in gameplay just to get kinda pumped.

I find this odd. Does anyone else do the same?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Playing Skyrim in general makes me want to listen to a lot of Scandinavian symphonic metal/prog music, and any winter-themed songs in general.

Exhibit A: The above song! Except SA is Finnish, and Finland isn't part of Scandinavia. Oh well. :p

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Any contracts for the Dark Brotherhood, imo, should be accompanied by Rage Against The Machine's Bullet In The Head. Yeah, like that. ;)

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
While running long distances (like playing with the rule of no fast travel for instance) or running from authorities, play: Run Boy Run by Woodkid
Playing an evil character while strutting character in a city, play: Wicked Ones by DOROTHY

Anything else... I don't know. Been so long since I've played and used music for motivation. I have used music that suits to mood or mission to amp things up though.

However... playing specific songs for specific quests? No. Theme songs for OC characters and Cannon characters? THAT, I have thought about.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I once popped in some CD's and hit random while playing. The selection consisted of Iron Maiden's Seventh Son and Wicker Man, Disturbed's Believe, and Ramstein's Sensuhct(sp?). For the most part, these selections worked very well, but it wasn't perfect. It just doesn't do to have Disturbed's Devour playing while making idle conversation with the peaceful citizens of Whiterun.

I found that, for me at least, it's hard to improve upon the game's original soundtrack. :beermug:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Playing Skyrim in general makes me want to listen to a lot of Scandinavian symphonic metal/prog music, and any winter-themed songs in general.

Exhibit A: The above song! Except SA is Finnish, and Finland isn't part of Scandinavia. Oh well. :p
Great song. :beermug: His voice reminds me of Klaus Meine of the Scorpions.

EDIT: Wow, clearly Klaus has influenced him, I just discovered that Sonata Arctica covered the Scorpions song Still Loving You, which is my favorite ballad of all time! They juiced it up quite a bit, but if you listen to the Scorpions version first, you'll certainly notice the voice similarities. So, thanks for posting this; I've found new music! :beermug:

EDIT AGAIN: After listening to several songs, their music sounds really nothing like The Scorpions so my proclamation of influence was premature. I'm putting together a list to accompany the playlist that I utilize while training.

Last edited:

hershangames

When I'm running away from guards, I always put that one that says '"what you gonna do what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they capture you!" Can't remeber its name though.

When I play civil war quests, I always play "wrong side of heavrn"(a song that talks about war veterans) or "the evil that men do" from Iron Maiden.

And when i I decide to go back to my home, I decide to go by foot and always listening to "coming home", also from Iron Maiden.
But specific songs for specific quests? Too tedious I'm affraid.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I actually have to be aware (or SHOULD be aware, ahem) of what's playing in the background, cuz at times if the song's a fave or just something I haven't heard in a while, I'll start to focus on the tune and neglect the game. Yeah, I think the end result is pretty predictable.

I'm dead. By a mudcrab.

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
UF, i play Disturbed: Indestructible while playin my warrior.
Fall out boy: "Phoenix" ("Light em up" can also do) while playin my mage.
Voltaire: "When youre evil" when playin my sneakin char. But when i want something more exciting i play: Hollywood Undead: "Day of the dead"
In fact, i find these songs to be theme songs of those characters (tough, Indestructible would fit any of them :D )

Reaper87

吉光
I have a habit of playing/listening to music when major grindin- I mean hard-work and dedication is needed in video games - It helps me to focus.

Brofski

The OS is so perfect to me. I couldn't listen to anything else while playing.

I even have the OS on my ipod and listen to it quite often.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Any time I die or otherwise get angry at something, I play this song while exacting revenge. As a warning, if you do not like Heavy Metal that is on the more violent side, do not listen to it.

Reaper87

吉光
Sometimes I play what I call 'exploring' music while I'm traversing through the wilderness of Skyrim - it helps immerse me in the game, which, by the way, Skyrim is great at anyway! :Dragonborn:

Stormblade45

Scholar of Dwemer History and Culture
When i'm just messing around with low level bandits and other enemies, i listen to starbomb xD

Latest posts