• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Question before I start putting up the next chapter, which is just about ready for posting (finally :D took me long enough):

I thought it might be interesting if Nikhaya and Onmund were keeping journals throughout the story, with entries at the beginning of each chapter (one chapter would be Onmund's, the next Nikhaya's, and so on) done in the style of the books you find in Skyrim. Might add a little depth to their tale if they could tell pieces of it themselves.

Anyone like this idea, think it's not necessary, etc.? If anyone wants to see this, I'll probably go back and add them to the last six chapters as well. Any and all feedback is appreciated :)

I myself really like the idea of journals. Not only can you describe the scene really well with third person like you have been doing, but you can also use the first person journal entries to get a little deeper into the feels. Oh the feels.

AWESOME fanfic by the way. I almost hate to read everyone's stuff. It makes me realize how much more I need to improve on my own...

That's what I was thinking, with the journals...I'd like Onmund in particular to have more of a voice than he's had so far. It's just as much his story as Nikhaya's, if not more so :) Alright, so that's one vote for journals. Think I'm going to get started on that.

And thank you :D I've spent a lot of time on this one...I know what you mean, though, I read other people's fanfics and RP posts on here and think, "Damn, what am I doing over here?" :p

Thanks again for taking the time to read it :)

ultimatedovahkiin

Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.
Question before I start putting up the next chapter, which is just about ready for posting (finally :D took me long enough):

I thought it might be interesting if Nikhaya and Onmund were keeping journals throughout the story, with entries at the beginning of each chapter (one chapter would be Onmund's, the next Nikhaya's, and so on) done in the style of the books you find in Skyrim. Might add a little depth to their tale if they could tell pieces of it themselves.

Anyone like this idea, think it's not necessary, etc.? If anyone wants to see this, I'll probably go back and add them to the last six chapters as well. Any and all feedback is appreciated :)

That's a good idea, I can see how that would work out. I think you should do it, it might give a little more insight to the upcoming chapter or if you write it kinda like to sum up what happened in the last chapter it might be like a "previously on..." type thing. Either way you do it I think it's a great idea.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Alright, that's going to happen then. :D But I will be sure to get another new chapter up before I go crazy making journal pages for all the old ones...lol

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
A new chapter has been posted and can be found here: Part VII

Time for another thrilling installment of....​
29423942d37133ee87f66a4812ccd328-d5yu2ed.jpg
...Skyrim edition. o_O

ultimatedovahkiin

:eek: Stupid zombies having the bite everything they can... I don't understand why they can't just allow someone to stab them in the head without having to have a final meal...

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Man, this is the last time I write a story this big without a complete master plan :p it's not easy bringing it all together.

I may have to move this to a new thread eventally to make it easier to read.

A.Auditore

maybe...
:eek: as much as I dislike "zombies" of any sort, I really love the story, yet sad thàt j'zargo is being a bad kitty :sadface:

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
:eek: as much as I dislike "zombies" of any sort, I really love the story, yet sad thàt j'zargo is being a bad kitty :sadface:

Thanks! :D Yeah, I would have preferred to make J'zargo an ally instead of a gullible pain in the arse....sadly he was perfect in every way for it. Someone had to be a jerk and I'd run out of apprentice mages :p Poor J'zargo.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Wow, it's been a damn long time since I've been on! If anyone is still here on Skyrim Forums that read my fanfic, I just wanted to say:

1) Hi! :)

2) I am heavily revising this story. Same characters and everything, but when I started the story I had no idea where it was going, so it kind of derailed...but I am going to get it back on track. :p

3) The revised version will have a new home at Archive Of Our Own:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/5800684

Though I suppose I could update it here, too, right?

Take care <3

ultimatedovahkiin

You're back! I missed this story! :D

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I am back! And unemployed at the moment, so I have time for fanfics again while I job hunt.

I think this story could use some hardcore editing, actually (I didn't know what to do with it anymore so it kind of went off in an oddball direction) but I know exactly where it's headed now :p I'm on it!

ultimatedovahkiin

Well I cannot wait to start reading again!

Saturn

OMG!

This story is freaking awesome! *-*

With that being said, I've stumbled over this by sheer coincidence yesterday evening. Finally finished reading all of it now. Even found the seventh chapter; despite it not being linked in the first post, hehe. And then I started to feel kinda sad... because it seemed to have been completely abandoned.

But! You've posted in november 2016; not too long ago. So maybe, there's still hope.~~

...I even made an account here to see the attachments (e.g. Ancano's letters), and also to comment.

Awesome story, and I hope there will be more to read of it soon! :)

On a sidenote; I'm quite curious about Nika's skills and stuff. Do you have some sort of a build or so that you are using as a reference? She seems to be skilled in One-Handed (Blades Sword with frost enchantment), Archery (Ebony Bow with Soul Trap enchantment), Alchemy, maybe some Destruction (Fire I guess) and Illusion (Muffle; possibly Calm) at least... possibly Light Armor too. And a basic understanding of Restoration maybe (Healing Hands). Hmmmmm... really tempted to make a character inspired by her in Skyrim.

Really nicely written; had quite some laughs, awwwwsss, and moments of excitement! Totally wanna know how the story continues. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts