Song of Ice and Fire and Elder Scrolls:V Skyrim Crossover

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Song of Ice and Fire and Elder Scrolls crossover!

• Total voters

Debenex

Once you go Redguard theirs no going back
Hey Guys i'm new here (well i used to have and account but i lost it), But i keep thinking of creating a Fan Fiction of Tamriel and Westaros crossover, due to both series having a return of dragons i was thinking of creating a story with that in mind.

What i would like to know is if anyone thinks this could work or if it could be a good idea?

Btw it will not give spoilers into what has happened in the song of ice and fire books as i only watch the series on TV.

Ps. I will add a poll below for good idea and bad idea

-Debenex

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
First of all, I recommend you read the books before even thinking of trying to write a fan fiction that even mentions A Song of Ice and Fire.

Secondly, I'm not so sure that would work. They are both completely different fantasy worlds; I don't see how a fan fiction that combined the two worlds of Skyrim and Westeros would even work.

However, that is not saying it can't be done. I just personally don't see much sense in it.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Even if you are only aiming it at those who watch the show, you should probably inform yourself of the entirety of the plotline with all of its twists before writing something that involves it. It's comparable to not playing all of Skyrim's main questline but then turning around and trying to write a fan fiction on the Dragonborn.

And eventually all of the books will be covered on the TV show anyways, so why not just read the books now so you don't have to wait 4 years for the TV show to get to a point where you can catch up your knowledge of the series?

Would you mind sharing some of these ideas?

Matt

The Last Pen Fighter
As with anything creative you are only limited to what you can do within your own imagination and skillset. I've seen a Zelda and The Matrix crossover that was brilliantly executed. Conversely, I've seen an obvious crossover (Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms) fail miserably. Whether or not this succeeds is entirely up to you.

I can offer a nugget of advice that might be helpful, however. In both A Song of Ice and Fire and in Skyrim, dragons are not the central focus of the stories, they are simply characters in some cases and plot devices in others. In their own way, the story of a single Throne being battled over by several families and interest groups exist in both worlds. If I was planning on writing a crossover of Westeros and Skyrim, I would start by taking a look at the power struggle and build from there.

If you do undertake this project, I wish you the best of luck. :) Feel free to ask any question of me at anytime if you need someone to bounce ideas off of or to beta read for you.

~Matt

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts