Something that really annoys me.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
The one thing that really annoys me about Skyrim is that no one cares what you do apart from a few.

I mean, I'm the leader of the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions, College of Winterhold, I helped (if not led) with the civil war, defeated Alduin and saved everyones lives countless times and they don't even care. Guards still say to me "You're that new member of the companions, what do you do? fetch the mead?"

Now I don't want everyone to bow down to me and clap and all that plops, but a little recognition will keep me happy. I get that on the odd occasion from Guards and a few others but no one in these places. All the bad things they say to me outweigh the good. Starting to feel not wanted or appreciated! :sadface: lol!

Does anyone else hate that feature about the game or is it just me whining :p

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
The one thing that really annoys me about Skyrim is that no one cares what you do apart from a few.

I mean, I'm the leader of the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Companions, College of Winterhold, I helped (if not led) with the civil war, defeated Alduin and saved everyones lives countless times and they don't even care. Guards still say to me "You're that new member of the companions, what do you do? fetch the mead?"

Now I don't want everyone to bow down to me and clap and all that pl***, but a little recognition will keep me happy. I get that on the odd occasion from Guards and a few others but no one in these places. All the bad things they say to me outweigh the good. Starting to feel not wanted or appreciated! :sadface: lol!

I do and I agree with you. It should not be like that but unfortunately it is. I have said before that even your housecarl yells at you sometimes when you hit something in the house and felt, they yell at you : “watch it ..” what the hell ? That is why, I tried to kill : Esbern and Delphine but they simply don’t die; Vex, the freaking bartender and the bold guy with a nasty accent but they don’t die either; I don’t like Orcs, they are nasty, like the Orc guy in Ravens Rock that you need to pay a debt that beside, you don’t owe, I killed that guy after I paid him and got my money back; nobody respect you except for a few.
Believe it or not, I feel well treated in Fort Dawnguard. Gunmar always recognize that you have done something very important for Skyrim, Sorine is nice and Florentius could be crazy but nice. The Greybeards are also nice and don’t deserve to be in “killing list”; Paarthumax is my friend, Adrianna Avenicci always said : you get things done and I like that “, so she is very cool, the Riverwood Trader is also nice and in my opinion all blacksmiths, but in Solitude and Riften are the places where I feel I’ve been treated very bad ... I would like to kill the freaking-nasty Maven Black-Briar and in Solitude, there are some people who speak to you like if you are a servant and if you sided with the imperials, you were made a Legatus ( that is the same than General ), you are a Thane also and the savior of Skyrim but still, they treat you bad.

cebo

lol i punched my follower for rasing her voice to me b***h my freeking house :mad: you know what i done to get these things o_O so you can sit on your asssss eating bread ?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
On most of my characters I play a thief/ assassin, so I just take it as me doing my job right:) but on my true nord and my mage, it really does piss me off, I have accrued quite a bounty pretty much everywhere for beheading guards who are excessively disrespectful

orca45

lol i punched my follower for rasing her voice to me b***h my freeking house :mad: you know what i done to get these things o_O so you can sit on your asssss eating bread ?

Exactly, they just “consume” what we give them just for watching our houses and on the top of that, they get a bad attitude like if that house belongs to them ... f ... that man ! If the female housecarls were one of my mistress then I probably would let it go ... I said probably ... but they are not so I to the hell with them ... cut their head off, anyway, they do not serve me well .. ;)

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
It's the main reason why I never where Ebony/Daedric/Dragon armor, it feels so out of place with what everyone is saying.

Although, to be honest, most people wouldn't know who the Dragonborn is, and it's implied that your character doesn't go around telling everyone.Most people in Skyrim are actually nice, but it's the pissers that almost ruin the game.

Take the Thieves Guild for instance. You have a FENCE that talks trash. A FENCE! As for Dirge and the Vekel, they're just a product of lazy writing.

Then there's Vex who's insecure and jealous. Remember when she said "you're not here to replace me"? Turns out, she couldn't even infiltrate a bee farm, while my character went through the whole MQ and SQ without ever having to kill anyone. Also, my current female character is perfect in terms of looks and makes Vex look like a toilet seat, so maybe that's why she's jealous, too (that's what I RP, :p) . Let's not even get started on the fact she recruited a new member based on how good he "scuffled" with her. Good thing she's not a Football coach or the whole crew at the local male strip club would make up the team.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Lydia. Lydia just annoys me. Her sarcastic tone when she says she will bear my burdens just gets to me. I took her out on one mission (to get some bandits and then kill some giants) and she was next to useless, nearly getting herself killed by a simple fire mage novice. Fah! I ended up taking away all the weapons and armor I enchanted and provided to her and whisking it back to my real home in Markath (where my labs are, of course). Let her sit at home. I'll have use for her shortly, and she won't be coming back. I like my housecarl in Markath. I'll take him out if I need him. He may be gruff, but he is strong and easy to get along with.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.

Now I don't want everyone to bow down to me and clap and all that pl***, but a little recognition will keep me happy. I get that on the odd occasion from Guards and a few others but no one in these places. All the bad things they say to me outweigh the good. Starting to feel not wanted or appreciated! :sadface: lol!

I really hate it, I was chosen by Akatosh to be the Dragonborn and they treat me like a peasant I should be Emperor of Tamriel with slaves doing whatever I will, or just being a Jarl would be nice enough for me :sadface:

orca45

Lydia. Lydia just annoys me. Her sarcastic tone when she says she will bear my burdens just gets to me. I took her out on one mission (to get some bandits and then kill some giants) and she was next to useless, nearly getting herself killed by a simple fire mage novice. Fah! I ended up taking away all the weapons and armor I enchanted and provided to her and whisking it back to my real home in Markath (where my labs are, of course). Let her sit at home. I'll have use for her shortly, and she won't be coming back. I like my housecarl in Markath. I'll take him out if I need him. He may be gruff, but he is strong and easy to get along with.

... yep, I did the same and you know what ? Every time I get to my Breezehome, she is drinking and getting drunk ALONE ... all my wines bottle are f .. empties but she does not want to be my mistress ... what a pity ! ... I mean, let’s face it, she is in my room all the time, with a cup full of wine in her hand, she looks at me kind of mad and she is looking me with her sight while I am around ... what does that means man ? Does she think I am a iceberg ? Hell no !! I would like to have a shout called : FOLLREND ... which means : FOLL ( form FOLLOWER ) and REND ( from RENDITION ) .. type of DRAGONREND and with that shout, they will do whatever we want .... yipiyipi ... lol ... ;)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Galmer Stone-Head: Oh, you defeated Alduin? Hah! Kill an Ice Wraith THEN come back to me.
Uhm... but Ice Wraith are easy!?! I've been doing 'em in since level 4.

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Just keep clicking the guards, they eventually say something positive.

reddeadfriend

freelance assassin
i wish that people would ether fear or reaspect you after you save tamriel and do multiple things for the town , like guys who are dicks they would say " oh um, hello dra....dragonborn" or people are nice to you or you were nice to would say " dragonborn! how are you?" one thing i like is when you get random gifts from people. even if i'm rocking dragon armor with a wicked sword on my side, if i get a cruddy iron mace from someone as a gift, i think that it was a nice gesture. and when your the leader of a group people should treat you diffrently, mabey get civil quests like, can you steal this for me, please? or can you talk to this guy he's bothering me? or hey can you show me some of those cool/fancy spells you cast? or can you train me to be better at ______ skill?

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Problem with Skyrim is that it's a serious game with writers failing at trying to be funny. They OVERDID it. Some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard anywhere.

It's like watching the Godfather while Limpbizkit is playing in the background.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts