Something Something Dark Side....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Firstly.... May the 4th be with you!

Now to get down to business...
Yes. After years of being an Xboxer I have finally gone to the dark side and bought myself Skyrim: Legendary Edition for pc. Well I have built myself a kickass gaming pc so I thought, why the hell not? Anyway, after my son introduced me to the frustratingly wondrous Steam, we began to install some mods. Just to start me off. So far I have..
The Unofficial Skyrim thingy from Bethesda: Nice. I like it. Textures are nicer, lighting etc.. Was what I was after without it being over the top.
Enhanced Characters: This one I love purely for getting rid of that horrid Block nose! Nice skin textures and faces look more realistic.
Enhanced cities/towns/villages/Inns: LOVE this one. Makes the capitals look so much nicer. Lots of trees, chickens (Whiterun is full of them!), stray doggies, lamp posts... that sort of thing.
The Hermits Treehouse: On the road to Whiterun after you leave Riverwood... to the left you will find a wooden bridge and there is your very own treehouse. It's quite high up and you can see for miles once you're up there.
The Asteria: Dwemer Airship: what can I say? Really you combine a Pirety-dwemer-steampunky type ship and I am smitten. It's my new favourite home.
Falskaar: Well this DLC sized mod is awesome. New land, new people, new quests. Love it so far.
Skyrim flora overhaul: wow this is awesome. New trees, and flowers, lush grass.. Frozen trees that actually look frozen. Flowers less like blobs, more like flowers.

I think that's all I have for now. I don't want to get too much, or anything that is Lore/game breaking as I play Immersive style and anything out of the ordinary for me would just ruin it.
I wouldn't mind a nice armour pack. Something cool looking like the Companions Wolf armour.... I would like some suggestions for a good armour mod, and anything else you can think of. I warn you though, I want no boobs, butts or other unmentionables thanks. Weelll.. a little boobage is alright. Oh and one for more customizable characters would be cool.

and...go..

Last edited:

Amapola

you HAVE to have Immersive Armour and/our the Warmonger's Armory (both really lore friendly armour packs). Both on Nexus (here you can find more and better mods than on Steam!). I for one love myself a nice armour and I couldn't live without these mods. Oh and Immersive Weapons is really nice, too!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
you HAVE to have Immersive Armour and/our the Warmonger's Armory (both really lore friendly armour packs). Both on Nexus (here you can find more and better mods than on Steam!). I for one love myself a nice armour and I couldn't live without these mods. Oh and Immersive Weapons is really nice, too!
Thanks! I haven't ventured to Nexus yet but I will have a look :)

Amapola

my favourite armours of these mods for my female chars are the Ranger Armour, Mercenary Armour, (Immersive Armours) and the Rogue Thief and Sand Assassin Armours (Warmonger's). They're all light armours. Ranger is the perfect balance between nice looking, not too slutty ;-) and with a nice armour value. I just love it.

Mithro'I

The dark side??
Welcome to the MasterRace :D:beermug:

If you want to keep the vanilla armours but just have them be higher resolutions, look for amidianborns book of silence.

Also, look for general texture mods, depending on what your computer can handle. Skyrim HD 2k, (or even 4k res mods), flora overhauls & mods, lighting overhauls, some ENB setting you like (and which doesn't fry your hardware)....

So much to discover :D. Just type in some keywords connected to anything you might wanna change in nexus and go wild :D

:pinkdragon::bluedragon:
:ashstab:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
The dark side??
Welcome to the MasterRace :D:beermug:

If you want to keep the vanilla armours but just have them be higher resolutions, look for amidianborns book of silence.

Also, look for general texture mods, depending on what your computer can handle. Skyrim HD 2k, (or even 4k res mods), flora overhauls & mods, lighting overhauls, some ENB setting you like (and which doesn't fry your hardware)....

So much to discover :D. Just type in some keywords connected to anything you might wanna change in nexus and go wild :D

:pinkdragon::bluedragon:
:ashstab:
lol... hey I am not getting into that whole "PC V's Console" thingy.. I still LOVE my xbox :p
You say ENB like I know what that is... total newb here!
Hmm... My PC can handle pretty much anything I throw at it, but I am happy with the Bethesda's texture patch for now. I may look for something to make the water look better.
What I am after at the moment is good armour and character customization.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Youtube has dozens of channels that showcase mods every week, sometimes every day (brodual).

You may give them a shot. MMOxReview is a tad bit immature but he does give a good mod selection and cracks jokes to keep the video going. Brodual is serious and straight forward in his showcasings, and Gopher is the same but he doesn't have the monotone that the Brodual channel has.

Maybe you've already seen these guys but there are a ton of videos made by them. I'm tempted to watch ALL of them just to catalog them if I ever get a gaming PC. Congrats kitty....

Welcome to the dark side...

We've been expecting you.

Embrace-The-Dark-Side-.jpg

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Youtube has dozens of channels that showcase mods every week, sometimes every day (brodual).

You may give them a shot. MMOxReview is a tad bit immature but he does give a good mod selection and cracks jokes to keep the video going. Brodual is serious and straight forward in his showcasings, and Gopher is the same but he doesn't have the monotone that the Brodual channel has.

Maybe you've already seen these guys but there are a ton of videos made by them. I'm tempted to watch ALL of them just to catalog them if I ever get a gaming PC. Congrats kitty....

Welcome to the dark side...

We've been expecting you.

Embrace-The-Dark-Side-.jpg
MMOxReview? A TAD BIT immature? You're joking right? I have seen the thumbnails on some of his videos, and I feel that may be a very generous way of describing them.

Reactions: Sah

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
MMOxReview? A TAD BIT immature? You're joking right? I have seen the thumbnails on some of his videos, and I feel that may be a very generous way of describing them.

I was being nice yes lol

MMOxReview is a good guy but, he's got a bit of growing up to do from what I've seen in his "vlogs" and the dorky humor he has. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being outright vulgar 'humor', I'd give him about a 5 tops. Then again I've been around boys all my life so pervy humor or immaturity is pretty much... normal. I've also been around immature girls too, so maybe I'm desensitized to it. :p

He does show a lot of boobs and makes immature comments. So it may not be your cup of tea, kitty.

Again, Brodual and Gopher are good and mature. They also do research and look for top quality mods, even if they are not popular. So they don't just look for popular types. They also showcase immersive mods so that may interest you.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I was being nice yes lol

MMOxReview is a good guy but, he's got a bit of growing up to do from what I've seen in his "vlogs" and the dorky humor he has. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being outright vulgar 'humor', I'd give him about a 5 tops. Then again I've been around boys all my life so pervy humor or immaturity is pretty much... normal. I've also been around immature girls too, so maybe I'm desensitized to it. :p

He does show a lot of boobs and makes immature comments. So it may not be your cup of tea, kitty.

Again, Brodual and Gopher are good and mature. They also do research and look for top quality mods, even if they are not popular. So they don't just look for popular types. They also showcase immersive mods so that may interest you.
Thanks Dabs! I will check out Brodual for sure. Immersive is what I am after.
While I am definitely no prude (I like a good set of tits, as does anyone), I'm not looking for a lot of bewbs and dicks in my mods.. (I can look at my own if I ever get that way inclined. No I don't have a penis.. I meant my bewbs... heh)
anyyywaaay....

Thanks for the info <3

Reactions: Sah

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Ah, the world of modding, where you will spend more time downloading and installing mods as opposed to actually playing the game. ;)

Anyway, check out "Mantle of the Silver Hand" by Hothtrooper44 on Skyrim Nexus. It sounds like something you might be interested in. :cool:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Ah, the world of modding, where you will spend more time downloading and installing mods as opposed to actually playing the game. ;)

Anyway, check out "Mantle of the Silver Hand" by Hothtrooper44 on Skyrim Nexus. It sounds like something you might be interested in. :cool:
YES! I have seen his mods and I really like his stuff. I tried downloading Immersive armour but Nexus was taking way too long.. (I am on wireless where my pc is.) But I will try again another time.
So to sate my appetite for nicer armour I went back to Steam and got two nice ones by the same person, Satyr. The Raven Witch Armour and the Mavari Armour (which was very conveniently located just next to my Airship on the lake. I haven't got the Raven Witch armour yet (It's in Morthal) but the Mavari armour is stunning.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Update:

I finally have the Raven Witch Armour.. After battling three nasty Hagravens for the key to the chest. I did it at night, and I lost one of the Hagravens, the one that happened to have the key. I had to wait until daylight to find her. Anyway the armour is gorgeous! It comes with two versions of the armour, long and short. Gloves, boots, and an awesome cape as well as a stunning mask. The cape even looks good with other armour, especially the Mavari Armour.

I also got the aMidianBorn wolf armor and skyforge weapons in the Grey. When I started my game, all the companions were now wearing this armour and weapons. It's very nice.

ApachiiSkyHair: Another mod I got was for better hair which I accessed with the "showracemenu" command. My Wyldfyre is now sporting luscious long red locks. It doesn't look ridiculous and out of place, which is what I am after in my mods. Poor Farkas though, one minute she was in her yucky vanilla hair and then POOF! New hair! He was very confused. Considering they were standing amongst a pile of Draugr they had just destroyed then, understandable.

I feel like I have betrayed my Xbox.. (Yes I give inanimate objects a personality) as I fear I can not go back to skyrim on it. :sadface:

Last edited:

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Okay, I don't know if you still need any suggestion, but I will just leave this one: Uncle Sheo's Really Helpful Tips.

This isn't really immersive nor anything like that, but damn it makes loading screens a lot easier to bear. Instead of the game's formal tips and bits of info, you get Sheogorath's opinion on diverse subjects!

Since I have so many mods my loading screen already takes longer on PC than PS3 (that's saying something) for high level characters, and I still get surprised with how many things are still fresh to me.

2015-03-25_00009.jpg 2015-03-25_00008.jpg 2015-03-21_00003.jpg 2015-03-23_00001.jpg

Sah

gives shadowkitty a big hug:)

welcome sister<3
........secret initiation in the park tonight at 12:D......*puts on her Sith armor grabs lightsabers* :D

*electrical sparks flying out of fingers*o_O......POWER:mad:......UNLIMITED POWER:mad:.....POWER:sadface:............till you get the electricity bill
:eek:

Sah

Okay, I don't know if you still need any suggestion, but I will just leave this one: Uncle Sheo's Really Helpful Tips.

This isn't really immersive nor anything like that, but damn it makes loading screens a lot easier to bear. Instead of the game's formal tips and bits of info, you get Sheogorath's opinion on diverse subjects!

Since I have so many mods my loading screen already takes longer on PC than PS3 (that's saying something) for high level characters, and I still get surprised with how many things are still fresh to me.

View attachment 42021 View attachment 42031 View attachment 42051 View attachment 42041

"we might have to go to our ref for this one Writs-Many-Posts:confused:.........*picks up phone*:cool:........this one see's o_O...yep got ito_O......thanks Mac;).......*hangs up phone*

Writs-Many-Posts you picked picture #1..."how many Jarl's dose it take to change a light bulb"...."you said ONE"o_O..."for $1,000,000":eek:..."the answer is"..suspense:confused:

*DRUM ROLL*..................."ZERO was the correct answer":eek:.........he would get his servant to do it...............:sadface:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Update: a couple more mods added...
Apache hair: some nice styles in there. Some I would never use in a lore friendly build. But when I want to have a bit of fun then yeah.

Followers can relax: a nice immersive mod that allows followers free movement when you are in one area for a certain amount of time. More dialogue options allowing you to ask them to pick alchemy ingredients for you. They will sleep, use a cooking pot etc...

Not sure what's it's called but I got one that makes female bodies look nicer, curvier. My girls got boootay!

RaceMenu: Finally one that makes the character creation menu way better. With colour sliders and more indepth options than what the vanilla game gives you. Oh and it gives you about ten slots to save your creations for easy access.

Pure Waters: the name speaks for itself. Subtle but nice mod.

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Forgot to mention that I got the "Helgen Reborn" mod. This DLC-sized mod is, so far, brilliant. I am only part way through it at the moment and I am impressed. The new characters, places and quests are top notch and a credit to the maker. In particular, the ruined Temple (without giving anything away) is spectacular. Boss fights are challenging, even on novice difficulty. There is even a new marriageable character and one that sounds a lot like a beloved Austrian born ex-governor.

If you want to see Helgen as a thriving city once again, I really recommend it.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So yeah I am just generally waffling here now.. but bit of a panic last night. I just finished a particularly hard boss fight and then the game kept freezing at the load screen on the way out of the ruin. It did it three times, before my son suggested "teleport". Phew! I thought that whole Helgen Reborn mod would have to be scrapped. But I was able to teleport to Whiterun with both of my followers.

I also may or may have not resurrected the smith from Riften as well. God dangit! He is my favourite Smithy and he just got slaughtered by a death hound.. :sadface: He can't die.... *lip wobbles* *sniff*

It's a learning process :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
The following has spoilers for those who have not played Helgen Reborn yet.

Oh and they made me a house! the citizens of Helgen are so grateful to me for all I have done. They made that central tower into a house just for me. The creator of this mod went berserk. He has placed EVERYTHING in this house you could ever want. In a way it's seriously OP but man, it's so cool. Dozens of cupboards named for individual items.. eg: Heavy Armour, Light Armour, Daggers, un-filled soul gems... that sort of thing. There is a section for everything. An armory with dozens of mannequins and weapon racks, and below there is a trophy room, and below that is a massive, beautiful cavern with every ritual stone in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts